What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

:huh: Are you serious? 10/10 is a bit extreme, it was a good movie but surely you have seen better?

It was certainly extreme but I have seen far better movies than some that I have rated 10/10, like Postal which was 10/10 for sheer entertainment factor and for being as close to the computer game as possible.

that and Uwe Boll got kicked in the nads!

However as a "blockbuster" it would probably be quite shit...

Edited by SaltyTON

I've seen a few movies that I'd rate 10/10. So seeing a better movie than one that's rated as a 10 isn't impossible. I'd rate Iron Man at 8 though.

Topaz ( 1969 )

The usual standard from Hitchcock, who was a hell of a consistant director. This isn't the most involving of movies, but it works well and at least the plot is decent. It's well played out as well.

6/10

I've seen a few movies that I'd rate 10/10. So seeing a better movie than one that's rated as a 10 isn't impossible. I'd rate Iron Man at 8 though.

I went for 7 myself.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Adrenaline-surging entertainment and an action-packed comedy adventure!

10/10

You are just taking the piss. It was a crime against film! :lol:

The Good, The Bad, The Weird 6.5/10

Japanese "reimagining" of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. It was fairly entertaining, but ultimately a bit pointless. Some good action sequences, and visually very impressive. The character of "The Weird" was pretty hilarious, but I left the cinema wondering why someone would make what is essentially a direct remake of a great movie, changing only the setting and a few minor plot points.

The Good, The Bad, The Weird 6.5/10

Japanese "reimagining" of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. It was fairly entertaining, but ultimately a bit pointless. Some good action sequences, and visually very impressive. The character of "The Weird" was pretty hilarious, but I left the cinema wondering why someone would make what is essentially a direct remake of a great movie, changing only the setting and a few minor plot points.

If you watch foreign films, it's much cooler to say the real name instead of the English title which is probably a bad translation!

Joheunnom nabbeunnom isanghannom (2008) doesn't translate according to Babelfish.

PS It's Korean ;)

The Devil Wears Prada

Certainly not my sort of film, it was on in the living room, but I paid enough attention to have constituted "watching" it.

Not a terrible film, but not a great one either. Entertaining and distracting enough; the chracters are all one-dimensional and the entertainment comes from Meryl Streep's impossible fashionista boss.

5/10 - if you don't have a penis whack that rating up a couple of notches.

Got to say, a really good film and one that I would recommend.

Young Bruno lives a wealthy lifestyle in Pre-war Germany along with his mother, elder sister, and army Commandant father. The family re-locate to the countryside where his father is assigned to commandeer a prison camp. A few days later, Bruno befriends another youth, strangely dressed in striped pajamas, named Leon, whose father works for Bruno's family. Bruno will soon find out that he is not permitted to befriend his new friend as he is a Jew, and that the neighboring yard is actually a prison camp for Jews awaiting extermination.

A sad ending and Im sure I wont be the only one sat who sits for about 2 minutes after the film finished thinking about how horrifying the holocaust must have been.

The Devil Wears Prada

Certainly not my sort of film, it was on in the living room, but I paid enough attention to have constituted "watching" it.

Not a terrible film, but not a great one either. Entertaining and distracting enough; the chracters are all one-dimensional and the entertainment comes from Meryl Streep's impossible fashionista boss.

5/10 - if you don't have a penis whack that rating up a couple of notches.

I watched that as well. I was going to say 5/10 but will have to settle at 4 because I'd like to give Anne Hathaway one.

Last film I saw was Anchorman. Hand on heart I still rate this a 10/10

You didn't tell anyone what it is called :lol:

Though I did earlier in the thread - The Boy With Striped Pyjamas. It is good.

DOH! :lol:

You had to guess the name of the film.....well thats my excuse anyway! :rolleyes:

And you were wrong, its called "The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas" :P

Surely it's not "miles" better if it's only one point of a difference?

Over the course of the nearly 1000 films I've seen, a point is a difference of quite a lot of places. So for a film of the same genre it's quite a difference.

For example (at the moment)...

1) 10/10

33) 9/10

64) 8/10

169) 7/10

"Pineapple Express"

What can i say?, the movie is comical. The dialogue is truely fantastic and the acting wonderful. You get the feeling while watching the movie that everyone in the movie just clicked together, they were on the same page. Some of the scenes during the movie, the fight in reds apartment and the car chase are just brillaintly put together and delightful to watch. I totally recommend this movie to anyone who hasnt seen it yet

9/10