What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Ghost Ship

Never tuned in for it, just one of those films which happened to be on. Many's the time I've discovered a great film by this method. This however, wasn't one of those times. An utterly dreadful movie. Mind you, I spent most of the time frustrated by where I'd seen the guy with the blonde hair before, until it struck me that he played the part of John Reilly in one of my favourite films of all time, 'Sleepers'.

Anyway, this film was utter shite. Clichéd as fúck, and some terrible acting as well.

2/10

2012 - 5/10 (slightly better than New Moon but still pish)

Terrible, don't believe the hype/trailers and don't waste your time and money by watching it. However, I have learned some valuable survival lessons; firstly, if you require a vehicle during an earthquake and /or volcanic eruption choose a limo or an RV those babies are indestructible. Secondly, raise $1billion by 2012.

Ghost Ship

Never tuned in for it, just one of those films which happened to be on. Many's the time I've discovered a great film by this method. This however, wasn't one of those times. An utterly dreadful movie. Mind you, I spent most of the time frustrated by where I'd seen the guy with the blonde hair before, until it struck me that he played the part of John Reilly in one of my favourite films of all time, 'Sleepers'.

Anyway, this film was utter shite. Clichéd as fúck, and some terrible acting as well.

2/10

Ghost Ship is miles better than Event Horizon, which is basically the same film.

Of course it's clichéd, how else can you make a scifi horror film with Karl Urban in it without it being clichéd?

Gabriel Byrne makes this film good, especially his look of utter contempt at some of the lines he has to say!

I had the worst dvd night in ever on Friday.

But Im a cheerleader 0/10

Awful awful film. Something about gays and lesbians. I THINK its supposed to be a comedy but I cant be entirely sure.

Twilight 0/10

Bunch of teenagers hanging around looking miserable for a couple of hours. Yawn.

The Marine 1/10

It gets the 1 for the comically bad acting and the way John Cena just cant be hurt no matter what you do to him. Some of the lines in it are pricelessly bad.

Not the best evening in Ive ever had.

Event Horizon isn't great by any means, but it's light years ahead of Ghost Ship.

Try having a decent knowledge of Physics and try and hold yourself back from finding PWSA and beating him to death by swinging a blue whale at his head whilst floating in mid-air. :angry: :angry: :angry:

45 seconds in and the film was ruined.

Star Trek (2009) 10/10

Being a admitted fan of star trek but not of the shatner stuff, i can say i was amazed by how great and thoroughly entertaing this movie turned out to be. Great cast, plenty of entertainment and a few nods to the older series. A great film for a series that wether you hate or love it you have to admit is one of the biggest franchises out there.

and im spent..

Im the same. Im a bit of a Star Trek fan, anything from Next Generation onwards.

I thought it was a fantastic movie 9/10 for me :)

Badlands ( 1973 )

This is superb stuff. As good as the performance of Martin Sheen as Kit is, I think the real highlight of this movie is the narration of Sissy Spacek as Holly, where she turns from being completely naive and oblivious to the sort of man Kit is, to finally realising just how cold blooded he really is. The climatic car chase, as well as the rather cool ending to it, is another highlight.

9/10

I watched 2012(*) on Saturday, utter pish. Didn't care if they survived or not, it was just really boring and brainless. The only upside was the police coming into the cinema about an hour into the film to throw some people out. My girlfriend is never getting to choose which film we see again.

Yesterday, however, I watched A Serious Man(****) and thoroughly enjoyed it. A clever, thought-provoking film that kept me interested throughout. Another winner from the Coen brothers.

The Men Who Stare At Goats

No explanations needed. Just a poor film.

3/10

Absolutely pathetic excuse for a film. In saying that tho', there will people in the cinema who found bits of the film funny that I didn't find remotely amusing. Different sense of humour I suppose.

2/10

Quarantine ( 2008 )

One of the most annoying things about this remake is that it feels the need to take the mystery out of everything, basically spoon feeding the plot to us as if we're idiots. The acting is, at times, hilarious, and takes the tension away from things by making me laugh. There ARE capable actors on show here, and some of the more spectacular scenes are done pretty well, and even topped at one time with the fireman falling from one of the higher levels. Everything just feels too forced and glossy here though and it lacks a lot of the punch that [REC] had. Thumbs in the middle.

5/10

Quarantine ( 2008 )

One of the most annoying things about this remake is that it feels the need to take the mystery out of everything, basically spoon feeding the plot to us as if we're idiots. The acting is, at times, hilarious, and takes the tension away from things by making me laugh. There ARE capable actors on show here, and some of the more spectacular scenes are done pretty well, and even topped at one time with the fireman falling from one of the higher levels. Everything just feels too forced and glossy here though and it lacks a lot of the punch that [REC] had. Thumbs in the middle.

5/10

I actually thought the scene where the boy is shot by the sniper was a fantastic scene, although the rest of the film paled in comparison to the wonderful [REC].