What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

No Country For Old Men

Hmm, not really sure what to think of it. It was alright but the ending was pish. Some decent acting from the four main guys (Lee Jones, Brolin, Bardem and Harrelson) but the story was too poor to make up for it.

5/10, really stumped how this won best picture.

No Country For Old Men

Hmm, not really sure what to think of it. It was alright but the ending was pish. Some decent acting from the four main guys (Lee Jones, Brolin, Bardem and Harrelson) but the story was too poor to make up for it.

The ending was very strange indeed! laugh.gif i know this thread has quite a few resident geeks knowledgeable film goers so i wonder what their opinion on what the ending actually was about is?

The ending was very strange indeed! laugh.gif i know this thread has quite a few resident geeks knowledgeable film goers so i wonder what their opinion on what the ending actually was about is?

I actualy had to go onto it's Wikipedia Plot section to see if that was actually the ending or if I had missed a part out or something.

The film plot:

So the main character (Leland) dies, the bad guy gets away and Bell(Lee Jones) retires and starts uttering pish about dreams to his wife. Credits.

I actualy had to go onto it's Wikipedia Plot section to see if that was actually the ending or if I had missed a part out or something.

laugh.gif yeah i was afraid to change channel until the adverts came on as i didn't think it had actually stopped

No Country For Old Men

Watch it again. It needs two watches to be fully appreciated.

I think that people don't really like the end of No Country For Old Men because it's not what you expect to happen and comes out of nowhere. I agree with Yoda that you need to give it a second watch to appreciate it more.

I've only watched No Country for Old Men once, and I loved it (8/10 probably). But, yeah, I didn't get the Tommy Lee Jones pish spouting bit at the end, but I don't think it detracts from the film. Bardem's character is phenomenal.

Went through a load of movies yesterday.

Black Swan ( 2010 )

It's been widely regarded as the Natalie Portman show, but that would take credit away from the brilliant supporting cast. Vincent Cassel is superb as the producer of Swan Lake. Even right from the word go, you can get the desperation from Natalie Portman and gradually you feel the same dip into insanity that she does. The ending is brilliant as well.

9/10

Public Enemies ( 2009 )

I'm always a big fan of Michael Mann movies and this one is no exception. I suppose the point of this one is that no matter how much you run, the law will catch up on you eventually. Christian Bale has gotten some praise, but he's not THAT great here. It's still a brilliant movie though.

8/10

Case 39 ( 2009 )

The plot at times for this is ridiculous, but the second half of the movie is so mental that it's possible to ignore that as there isn't much time to digest it. The wee lassie has a brilliant sense of arrogance about her, and seems like she enjoys herself doing harm to others.

6/10/

Takers ( 2010 )

A not very good movie about a bunch of bank robbers. The only thing saving this is T.I.'s sinister and cocky character and the way he makes the shit hit the fan from the minute that he appears.

4/10

Solomon Kane - pile of shit. 3/10

Solomon Kane 42%

The character himself - Brilliant

Everything else about the film - Gash

Two negatives in a row, well that's ruled out for Thursday. Not that I would have picked it, and since she nearly killed me with Harry Potter it's my choice! <_<

Solomon Kane - pile of shit. 3/10

I watched this last night and actually enjoyed it. I would say 7/10, but i think i'm biased towards any film set in that age. I love them.

Case 39 ( 2009 )

The plot at times for this is ridiculous, but the second half of the movie is so mental that it's possible to ignore that as there isn't much time to digest it. The wee lassie has a brilliant sense of arrogance about her, and seems like she enjoys herself doing harm to others.

6/10/

I actually saw that in the pictures. Agree with what you've said, about it being ridiculous and i was also impressed by the young actress. Although pretty much devoid of scares, I absolutely shat myself when

the burned woman chases her from the house onto the bus :lol:

Probably about a 4 or 5.

No Country For Old Men

:lol: Wrestling, Old School and Kevin Smith fan rubbishes what is without doubt a genuine masterpiece, Jesus H.

By the way it won best picture because there is no fault to be found from the direction, acting, cinematography and music, it is a fantastic character study, with thriller and chase elements thrown in but it is basically about human nature(moral & immoral), and not being able to stop the inevitable. A film of great depth and subtlety. That is why it won best picture :P

Edited by stewie from paris

:lol: Wrestling, Old School and Kevin Smith fan rubbishes what is without doubt a genuine masterpiece, Jesus H.

By the way it won best picture because there is no fault to be found from the direction, acting, cinematography and music, it is a fantastic character study, with thriller and chase elements thrown in but it is basically about human nature(moral & immoral), and not being able to stop the inevitable. A film of great depth and subtlety. That is why it won best picture :P

What has wrestling got to do with it, completely different sport, nevermind league. Old School and Kevin Smith films are comedies, I don't watch them for the serious acting in it.

Worst

American Pie

Batman Forever

Con Air

Deep Blue Sea

Dodgeball

Old School

Me Myself & Irene

Saw

Top Gun

Tropic Thunder

Sorry if I don't take you seriously.

What has wrestling got to do with it, completely different sport, nevermind league. Old School and Kevin Smith films are comedies, I don't watch them for the serious acting in it.

Sorry if I don't take you seriously.

Wrestling and Films are both forms of entertainment, the point is you couldnt get your head around No Country For Old Men, and posted on here about it being bollocks basically. But youll happily sit down for hours and enjoy mindless pish. Try challenging your brain. Anyway thats plenty on this.