What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

District 9- 9/10

Didn't really like the sound of the plot when I heard about it, but thought it was a great film. Apart from the opening 20 mins or so which was required to set the scene, there was never a dull moment

2010 - 3/10

Rubbish. The CGI gains it a few marks but it just dragged and dragged and dragged. It was pretty much a rip off of Deep Impact witha few other natural disasters thrown in.

Wrestling is basically one big Soap opera with lots of acting in it. Probably why most people grow out of it after hitting puberty. I don't know any other "sports" that do that to people.

Like comedies, I don't watch it for the acting, although Steve Austin, Dwayne Johnston(The Rock) and Paul Levesque (HHH) have made some pretty decent money from acting after/in between wrestling.

Infact, Austin and The Rock were absolutely amazing in The Expendables and The Other Guys, both playing badasses excellently.

Well you watch it for the storyline etc so if thats what you are used to and enjoy then you are bound to find films like No country for old men quite shite.

That's complete and utter dross. That's like saying I can't appreciate Barcelona's football because I watch Clyde every week or whatever.

Infact the opposite applies, if I watch poor acting a lot and it becomes the normal then when some "brilliant" acting comes then it should be more apparent to me and I would enjoy it more. I can appreciate good acting, in fact that wasn't my problem with No Country, it was the storyline that got me.

No, it's really nothing of the sort. Not even close.

Which is why I referred to Wrestling as a soap opera, the storylines are pretty much that.

How is it not? Both are examples of two things that are at opposite ends of the spectrum, well in your opinion anyway. And I don't even see why your continuing this line of argument when I stated in the original review that the acting from the four main guys was good.

You didn't refute my point though did you, trying to stop that part of the discussion cause I'm right? Just cause I watch a show, not for the acting, which has poor acting doesn't mean I can't appreciate good acting.

Layer Cake

One of my favourite films. Daniel Craig is excellent in it. Its got a cracking ending too.

EDIT: Sienna Miller. wub.gif

9/10

It was a while ago i last watched it, but i caught a bit on the telly tonight. Why did Morty batter the trampy guy in the cafe?

Currently watching I Am Legend on ITV2 +1, i'm guessing this has already been reviewed so what score did it receive?

I would give it 83%. Strangely i would enjoy the film more if it has just been Will Smith's character alone for the entire film instead of him getting company but that's just my opinion

Edited by RandomGuy

Well you watch it for the storyline etc so if thats what you are used to and enjoy then you are bound to find films like No country for old men quite shite.

Are you saying that wrestling fans can't appreciate good acting here? Because that's nonsense.

Psycho III (1986)

Oh dear God, what happened?

After two classics, we get this stuck together mess of a film in which Anthony Perkins manages to show how pissed off he is at this nonsense all the way through it.

There's none of the suspense, the fear, the whodunnit element of Psycho II, and none of the darkness and angst of Psycho. It's just boring (I fell asleep for ten minutes or so after about half an hour), it's almost like a really badly made Halloween at points, with utterly pointless changes in his character, and in the end he gets sent back to the loony bin with a hand that belonged to his 'mother' Mrs. Spool.

It was Perkins first attempt at directing, and you could tell as he put together a shitfest.

Avoid!

3/10

Unforgiven

Pretty decent film, I am a massive Eastwood fan and him, Morgan Freemand and Gene Hackman were excellent in this(yes that's right I appreciated the good acting of fine actors ohmy.gif) Fine bit of storyline telling, and yet another film that Eastwood plays a badass in, is there any other?

Probably about a 6 or a 7 outta 10.

The Other Guys - 7.5/10

This was a great laugh, laughed out loud quite a few times. Will Ferrell was his usual self, and Mark Wahlberg was also very good. Wahlberg is ridiculously abrupt in everything I've seen him in, so for him to play an angry, rude cop in a comedy film worked and it felt like he was taking the piss out of himself. I think the film went on too long but the first half and hour (whilst appearing to be going nowhere and making little sense) was funny as f**k.

I seriously think they should make a prequal about Samuel.L Jackson and The Rock's characters, the maverick, hero cops that Ferrell and Wahlberg aspire to be. This scene with them in it had me laughing in a way I haven't done since Jackass 3's midget bar brawl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-cxYzTqk30&feature=related

The Other Guys - 7.5/10

This was a great laugh, laughed out loud quite a few times. Will Ferrell was his usual self, and Mark Wahlberg was also very good. Wahlberg is ridiculously abrupt in everything I've seen him in, so for him to play an angry, rude cop in a comedy film worked and it felt like he was taking the piss out of himself. I think the film went on too long but the first half and hour (whilst appearing to be going nowhere and making little sense) was funny as f**k.

I seriously think they should make a prequal about Samuel.L Jackson and The Rock's characters, the maverick, hero cops that Ferrell and Wahlberg aspire to be. This scene with them in it had me laughing in a way I haven't done since Jackass 3's midget bar brawl:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

This scene is my favourite, although I think they've taken a swear word of or two out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzdXnhfnRXA&feature=related

Runaway jury 8/10

Good courtroom drama focusing mainly on the selection and control of the jury. Great cast, some good performances, nice twist, a few action scenes. Don't really want to go into the plot as will be spoilers but I would definitely recommend watching it.

Psycho IV: The Beginning (TV 1990)

After the mess that was Psycho III, Perkins gave the director's reigns over to Mick Garris (Critters 2) who made a pretty decent film and showed the eventual humanity within Norman Bates.

The wee guy that played Elliott in E.T. does a great job as the Young Bates, and the film ends in a very effective and symbolic way.

Definitely made up for the previous failure.

7/10

Psycho III (1986)

Oh dear God, what happened?

After two classics, we get this stuck together mess of a film in which Anthony Perkins manages to show how pissed off he is at this nonsense all the way through it.

There's none of the suspense, the fear, the whodunnit element of Psycho II, and none of the darkness and angst of Psycho. It's just boring (I fell asleep for ten minutes or so after about half an hour), it's almost like a really badly made Halloween at points, with utterly pointless changes in his character, and in the end he gets sent back to the loony bin with a hand that belonged to his 'mother' Mrs. Spool.

It was Perkins first attempt at directing, and you could tell as he put together a shitfest.

Avoid!

3/10

I agreed with you on Psycho II and funnily enough I agree with you on this as well. I haven't seen this one for years either but it's dreadful. I remember being vaguely amused when the Sheriff is eating the ice cubes and getting close to the one covered in blood but that's it.

Psycho IV: The Beginning (TV 1990)

After the mess that was Psycho III, Perkins gave the director's reigns over to Mick Garris (Critters 2) who made a pretty decent film and showed the eventual humanity within Norman Bates.

The wee guy that played Elliott in E.T. does a great job as the Young Bates, and the film ends in a very effective and symbolic way.

Definitely made up for the previous failure.

7/10

I've only seen about fifteen minutes of this but didn't like what I saw at all. I doubt I'll get around to watching it.