What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Black Dynamite 92%

Yes, Yes, Yes! This was spoofs at it's best. The show went about it's business without taking itself seriously. Even when there was a bit with the camera mike leaning over dynamite's head, you just needed to see his little glance at it and carry on with his speech just to see that.

The one-liners, president nixon with nunchucks, and the 'dynamite, dynamite' in the background every time some got thrown out the window...ace.

For anyone likes films that just rips into itself(toxic avenger for example) then this is for you.

Due Date

Saw this on Box Office last night and loved it. As mentioned before, I'm a sucker for these type of films as I'm easily pleased when it comes to comedy. It had me PMSL throughout.

9/10

Due Date

Saw this on Box Office last night and loved it. As mentioned before, I'm a sucker for these type of films as I'm easily pleased when it comes to comedy. It had me PMSL throughout.

9/10

Watched this on Sat night. Hubby enjoyed it more than me :rolleyes: although there were quite a few laugh out loud moments.

7.5/10

Man On The Moon - Not sure how this has managed to pass me by, possibly because of my dislike for Jim Carrey. Hats off though hes faultless in this, in what is an utterly brilliant film, about late great? comedian Andy Kaufman. Even if you dont like or know Kaufman its definately worth seeking out. 8.5/10

Watched both Jaws and the "new" Star Trek for the first time today. Both were pretty good.

Although the quality of the Jaws was shite, poor internet connection/stream.

Bout a 6 for Jaws and a 7 for Star Trek.

Simple solution, download instead of streaming.

I hav a few to tell you about.

1. benda bilili. Wonderfull film, a real feel good film. :D 9.5/10

2. udaan. Very good again. acting superb and very believable. 8/10

3. The man who fell to earth. Average. not great but not bad either. You do get to see david bowies cock though!! ;) 6/10

4. babettes feast. a bit of a dissapointment to be honest. Pretty dull. 5.5/10

5. little voive. superb cast and a classic british film. wonderful. 7.5/10

6. oil city: confidential. Superb. Soooooo good. wilkos a legend. :lol: 8.5/10

7. The illusionist. Very weird but an utter epic. loved it without is being brill. 7.5/10

oh and paul. Halarious, but cant say it was as good as hot fuzz or shaun of the dead. Not many films are though .7/10

Edited by jojo

The Adjustment Bureau

I enjoyed this movie a lot. I like Matt Damon. Well thought out film and definitely had me intrigued throughout. The only downfall is that I predicted a couple of things at the start of the movie.

8/10

EDIT: Started watching How Do You Know last night. Got an hour of the way through and then realised it had an another hour left so just switched it off. Awful.

Edited by GingerSaint

Mirrors (2008)

Now I know Alexandre Aja has written some fairly dark screenplays in the past (Hills Have Eyes remake, P2 and Switchblade Romance), but he manages to take what was basically a House of Wax situation which could have been fairly light, and easy going, and turn it in to a battle through the bowels of tedium!

We've got a cop who has been pensioned off (Kiefer Sutherland), who takes a job as a night watchman at a burned down department store.. needless to say there was a massacre there in the past, and it used to be an asylum until 1952 when it was bought by the store... blah, blah, blah!

Who hasn't seen this before in a million different guises?

Basically mirrors attack everybody, using a version of themselves which it creates in the reflection... well except Sutherland's sister who just died randomly when her jaws ripped themselves apart (hey you can get away with ridiculous plotholes if you have cool special effects, right?)!

That's without mentioning the other plot-holes like how they decided to paint over the mirrors instead of just throwing them out, or why he breaks his rearview mirror and leaves the side ones on, or how he gets set on fire yet it isn't really happening but when everyone else gets attacked it's for real... obviously you aren't going to cover every possible scenario in a film like this, but surely the basics need to be covered?

3/10 - purely for it being quite unintentionally funny at parts!

True Grit

Absolutely loved it. Everything is fantastic. Bridges is just perfect as Rooster Cogburn, and there's not many actore who can step into The Dukes shoes and own the role. Matt Damon and Hallie Steinfield are also tremendous.

It's beautifully shot as well and has some lovely "Coen Brothers" moments too.

9/10

Edited by KnightswoodBear

True Grit

Absolutely loved it. Everything is fantastic. Bridges is just perfect as Rooster Cogburn, and there's not many actore who can step into The Dukes shoes and own the role. Matt Damon and Hallie Steinfield are also tremendous.

It's beautifully shot as well and has some lovely "Coen Brothers" moments too.

9/10

Terrific, isn't it? I haven't enjoyed a Coens' film so much since Fargo. The soundtrack has been on my ipod constantly for the last fortnight.

"That is a silly question... I'm 14 years old."

Tron Legacy - 6/10 I enjoyed this more than I expected after reading some negative comments on it. I can imagine the 3D having been pretty good for the light cycle stuff and the "games"

Ip Man 7/10 - Fantastic film with some great martial arts action and Donnie Yen, will have to pick up Ip man 2 as I see that came out recently as well.

Red Eye

Been about five years since I watched this movie and it's a lot better than I actually remebered. Cillian Murphy puts in a brilliant performance and it's really just a good straight forward thriller. Builds up quite nicely towards an action style ending. Worth a watch.

7/10

My Name Is Bruce

I have to admit to being quite a big Bruce Campbell fan and I'm currently enjoying reading his first autobiography "If Chins Could Kill" but there is no excusing this disaster of a movie. I'm not sure if it's intentionally bad or just bad. Apart from Bruce the acting is awful, especially the young guy who is dressed like he's in Coal Chamber and there's no avoiding the fact the "bad guy" looks like it's straight from the Power Rangers. There were a few cool cameo's from actors that appeared in the second and third Evil Dead films but this was ruined by a scene where they cheesily pointed out who they were. There are a few funny moments but overall it's just terrible.

3/10

Evil Dead 2

After watching the car crash that was My Name Is Bruce I felt I had to watch this film just to wash my eyes clean. One of my favourite movies of all time since I was about 16. it's also easily the best of the Evil Dead trilogy. If you haven't watched it and you're a big fan of gore in your movies then get to it! There's a plethora of comedy moments.

10/10

Open Season 3 (2010)

Just awful, annoying new bear to rival Boog, and a fucking irritating llama... after watching this I have even more dislike for Brooks Mileson!

I thought the barely passable second one was as bad as it could get, but this was truly shite!

The only saving grace was the occassional adult-targeted joke but not enough to get even close to saving it!

3/10

Last king of scotland. I read the book a while ago, and enjoyed it. I'm a bit of a skim reader, so i couldn't remember most of it, although i did spot the artistic license throughout. (I think) :unsure::D

Thoroughly enjoybale none the less. 8/10.