What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Changing it from Canada to America does nothing. They made Deadpool a greatest hits of superpowers, which is just ridiculous and then they're gonna make him his own film? Awful, awfulness.

No idea why they changed the nationality of the squad, maybe Americans are more commercially viable or something stupid like that. Making Deadpool a huge assortment of powers was a bit shit, but the end scene wouldve been dire if it was true to the comics no? (Same situation with kick-ass and the machinegun thing, that was a pretty good scene you must admit.)

Most of the baddies in Last Stand were new, most of the others were just irrelevant I think, the other two from destiny's child compared to Beyonce type of thing...

No idea why they changed the nationality of the squad, maybe Americans are more commercially viable or something stupid like that. Making Deadpool a huge assortment of powers was a bit shit, but the end scene wouldve been dire if it was true to the comics no? (Same situation with kick-ass and the machinegun thing, that was a pretty good scene you must admit.)

Most of the baddies in Last Stand were new, most of the others were just irrelevant I think, the other two from destiny's child compared to Beyonce type of thing...

If probably would've been shit, but tbh, it wasn't great even with the super-superpowered Deadpool. If I'd have made that film then I'd have just made it that that team were fighting Omega Red, the russian super villain. Then Wolverine leaves for Japan after that fight and then you do the Japan storyline, which is upcoming in the second Origins films.

The kick ass scene was alright, but I see no reason to change it from a flamethrower, all you do with a jetpacked machine gun is make it more unrealistic, and it's supposed to be a film that isn't unrealistic(that's the whole point of the story)

Yeah but they were all just minor characters. The main villains were still the same, the only added villain, who mattered, was Phoenix but she wasn't new as she was obviously just Jean Grey in the first two. They just added minor characters to both sides because it was supposed to be a final battle type thing so both sides had recruited, more so for the Brotherhood.

edit: I don't know what any of the above post means so I have no idea...

Edited by forehead7

Kill Bill: Volume 1

I hadn't seen this film until last night. I'm not a fan of particularly violent films so a couple of scenes were uncomfortable viewing (in the hospital with the weird guy and the door) however I really enjoyed it - I wasn't expecting to enjoy it though. It's completely OTT but it's a stunning film to watch. The fight scenes are great and some of the shots are fantastic in visual terms. Plenty of dark humour and Uma Thurman is excellent. My only criticism is that the film lacks much depth, and the emphasis is on how the film looks (it looks great though). However, there is a second part so the lack of depth can excused to an extent, with the lack of character development excused because that appears to be a key part of the story.

I liked it, despite my initial uncertainty over watching it. A solid 8/10

Kill Bill: Volume 2

Watched this today and my immediate reaction once it ended was that I prefer the first one. The action sequences aren't as good as those in the first film but there is more depth to the characters. Taking the films as one entire film, it is superb because there isn't a compromise between action and development. The "Superman" scene is one of my favourite film scenes, and I really like how Tarantino uses the black and white shots in some scenes. Not as OTT as the first one, but it's still got the same amount of dark humour slipped in throughout the film. Uma Thurman is excellent again, but I really think that David Carradine steals the show.

Up until the final few scenes, it was a 7/10 but it gets moved up to 8/10 when she is in Bill's house.

A comment regarding both films: I really like the use of the music and how well it fits into the films, particularly in Volume 1.

Edited by yoda

Kill Bill: Volume 1

I hadn't seen this film until last night. I'm not a fan of particularly violent films so a couple of scenes were uncomfortable viewing (in the hospital with the weird guy and the door) however I really enjoyed it - I wasn't expecting to enjoy it though. It's completely OTT but it's a stunning film to watch. The fight scenes are great and some of the shots are fantastic in visual terms. Plenty of dark humour and Uma Thurman is excellent. My only criticism is that the film lacks much depth, and the emphasis is on how the film looks (it looks great though). However, there is a second part so the lack of depth can excused to an extent, with the lack of character development excused because that appears to be a key part of the story.

I liked it, despite my initial uncertainty over watching it. A solid 8/10

Kill Bill: Volume 2

Watched this today and my immediate reaction once it ended was that I prefer the first one. The action sequences aren't as good as those in the first film but there is more depth to the characters. Taking the films as one entire film, it is superb because there isn't a compromise between action and development. The "Superman" scene is one of my favourite film scenes, and I really like how Tarantino uses the black and white shots in some scenes. Not as OTT as the first one, but it's still got the same amount of dark humour slipped in throughout the film. Uma Thurman is excellent again, but I really think that David Carradine steals the show.

Up until the final few scenes, it was a 7/10 but it gets moved up to 8/10 when she is in Bill's house.

A comment regarding both films: I really like the use of the music and how well it fits into the films, particularly in Volume 1.

Thought both were superb. You should watch again, I picked up more nuances each time I watched them.

THE MONSTER SQUAD.

One of my favourite movies from 80s and haven't seen it for years. A sort of cheesy Goonies/Ghostbusters style family horror. Watched it with the kids who loved it , but never realised how much bad language was in it!

9/10

True Romance

I enjoyed this. It's fun to watch even if it goes OTT at times (but it's a Tarantino script so you expect that). Patricia Arquette is very good and I can't pick out a below par acting performance from any of the cast. I would recommend it.

8/10

True Romance

I enjoyed this. It's fun to watch even if it goes OTT at times (but it's a Tarantino script so you expect that). Patricia Arquette is very good and I can't pick out a below par acting performance from any of the cast. I would recommend it.

8/10

And she was stunning :wub:

The Business

Looked at my fb yesterday and seen everyone putting on....The Business in on, class film.... The Business ...is the business so i thought i will watch it.

Nick Love does love using same actors. Decent enough watch, but no where near what everyone was saying on fb.

5.5/10.

Soundtrack is by far the best thing about this film.

THE MONSTER SQUAD.

One of my favourite movies from 80s and haven't seen it for years. A sort of cheesy Goonies/Ghostbusters style family horror. Watched it with the kids who loved it , but never realised how much bad language was in it!

9/10

Kick him in the Nards!!!

The Quick and the Dead. A western with Gene Hackman as the bad guy, a young Russel Crowe and an even younger Leonardo Di Caprio.

It was quite enjoyable, every single western cliche was there. Wasn't made as a comedy but obviously taking the piss, especially since the " mysterious hero " was a female, Sharon Stone. I enjoyed it. 7/10