What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Is the club about a local business man done good who buys the team and gets totally fucked over in the process by all the old hangers on then they sign some superstar who can't be arsed?

I think I saw this years ago but didn't remember enough about it

Is the club about a local business man done good who buys the team and gets totally fucked over in the process by all the old hangers on then they sign some superstar who can't be arsed?

I think I saw this years ago but didn't remember enough about it

Yeh, a pie :D maker, gets done up after slapping a stripper at a club function. The star is smoking doobs and givin it ''its all a pile of shit, chasing a bit of leather''

Look out for the no5, a Puyol double :lol:

Tinker Sailor Soldier Spy

5/10 - Don't know if its because it was a Sunday night but didn't really enjoy this. Felt it didn't really go anywhere. Disappointed.

Drive

8.5/10 - Excellent from start to finish. Best film I've seen in a while and a great sound track to boot. Highly recommended!

City of God

10/10

Really exceptional film about a young wannabe photographer caught in the middle of a war between rival street gangs in Brazil. It shows several interlinking stories from different characters points of view, revolving around the conflict between the two gang leaders, and narrated by the central character. Great drama with a few exciting twists, some excellent action scenes and a generous sprinkling of funny moments.

If you haen't already seen it, get it watched !

I had quite the movies session yesterday, ripping through a few movies that had been stuck in my Sky+ for a while

A history of Violence 82%

It was incredibly erratic in terms of pace to the film. At times you would feel like the film is going no where, and then it would just explode with, well, violence. Those scenes alone are worth the watch for this movie.

No Strings Attached 51%

Not the worst Rom-com I'll see, but it was okay to pass the time.

The Running Man 78%

I don't know how seriously it was taken 25 years ago, but it's certainly up there in the 'so bad, it's good' category. Cheesy 80s one-liners, OTT killings, and foul mouthed OAPs. What more could you want?...

True Grit 70%

I haven't seen the original in fairness, but it was at all half bad. I kind of don't have really anything to add to that.

Patriot Games 55%

I was actually quite disappointed after the hype of this. I almost drifted throughout this film, because even with all the sugarcoating, you could argue that the plot had almost f**k all relevance other than the fact Sean Bean's character wanted Jack Ryan and his family dead. I'm sure the book would have had a substansial amount more depth to the plot than the film did.

From Hell 38%

Meh, the twist and Heather Graham's busting chebs were about the only real interesting things about the film. The rest was just a poor attempt at fiction. Disappointed, Jack the Ripper films could be so much more...

Edited by the jambo-rocker

Drive

Watch it, Watch it, Watch it, Watch it, Watch it, Watch it, Watch it, Watch it, Watch it, Watch it, Watch it, Watch it, Watch it, Watch it,

*breathes*

Watch it, Watch it, Watch it, Watch it, Watch it, Watch it, Watch it, Watch it, Watch it, Watch it, Watch it, Watch it, Watch it, Watch it,

9/10

Drive

*breathes*

9/10

Y'know....I think I might watch it. You think I should?

Watched Unstoppable and I Am Legend last night.

Unstoppable wasn't as bad as I remember, Granted I hadn't seen it all but I actually quite enjoyed it. Not Denzel's finest hour by a long way but I've seen worse flicks.

I Am Legend was a major let down for me when I first seen it but since then it's gotten a bit better somehow. I think because now you dont really have to pay attention to it but just sit back and watch. If that makes sense.

I'll give both a 7/10.

One thing I will say about I Am Legend though is that I've always wondered if Will Smith is snared by one of his own traps or by a trap set by the Darkseekers

Edited by 11thHour

I ended up watching I am Legend too.

It starts well and looks like it could be a cracking film. Then it throws all the good work out the window with some of the worst CGI monsters I've ever seen. They look dreadful, not scary in the slightest, jump around weightlessly and just make the whole film look ridiculous.

Then we come to the final third of the film and the whole thing just fails. Will Smiths performance is the only good thing about the film.

2/10

Pretty much all of this (apart from rating obviously :lol). Plus the alternate ending would've been better I believe.

Edited by 11thHour

I ended up watching I am Legend too.

It starts well and looks like it could be a cracking film. Then it throws all the good work out the window with some of the worst CGI monsters I've ever seen. They look dreadful, not scary in the slightest, jump around weightlessly and just make the whole film look ridiculous.

Then we come to the final third of the film and the whole thing just fails. Will Smiths performance is the only good thing about the film.

2/10

Folk should forget all about watching this terrible film and read the book instead which is amazing. Perhaps one day they will finally be able to make a decent adaptation of it

Folk should forget all about watching this terrible film and read the book instead which is amazing. Perhaps one day they will finally be able to make a decent adaptation of it

Agreed the book was written in 1952 i think and is absolutely class one of my favourite Horror/sci fi novels. The bits when his neighbour continually taunts him to come outside or the bit with his wife really creep me out. To me they should have stuck to the book more it would have been alot better. As for the movie Will Smith makes a decent fist of the role but the monsters are absurd shitey Mummy clones and totally wreck any chance the film had.

One Hell of a Christmas (2002) - 2/10

Pretty terrible Danish "comedy" horror, in the same level of shitness as Troll. There was a claw that contained drugs, Santa (just a regular guy) wanted it back for some reason and went about killing people to get it. Not funny in the slightest!

Lesbian Vampire Killers (2009) - 7/10

Despite the presence of Corden and Horne, it's not actually spoiled by them. The fat one is reasonably funny in it, the idiot that buttons his shirt to the top is a bit of a drag but there's enough to excuse him.

Agreed the book was written in 1952 i think and is absolutely class one of my favourite Horror/sci fi novels. The bits when his neighbour continually taunts him to come outside or the bit with his wife really creep me out. To me they should have stuck to the book more it would have been alot better. As for the movie Will Smith makes a decent fist of the role but the monsters are absurd shitey Mummy clones and totally wreck any chance the film had.

Aye it’s a true masterpiece. The bits with his neighbour are terrific, he becomes his true nemesis. The ending also makes you question everything you’ve read before.

What are the “monsters” in the film supposed to be anyway? Skinheid cannibals? Not sure why they didn’t just make them vampires like the book and also give them a bit of character

Seen 5 films at the glasgow film festival the weekend:

1. planet of snail - a wee documentary about the relationship and life of two people from south korea. One is blind death and the other has a spinal problem and is only like 5ft. I was worth a watch i would say. 6/10

2. In darkness - a true story set in occupied poland during ww2. A group of jew seek refuge from the nazis in a sewar. A man who works in the sewar is an instinctive anti jew so when he know they are there, he takes the opportunity for to get some money. 500punds a week and he keeps them alive. After a while he starts to help ther jews out of altruism and not money and they surivive until the end of the war. 7.5/10

3. khodorkorvksy - a documentary about the russian oligarch who was improsoned for like 10 yrs. They claim its was because he challenge putins power. 6/10

4. Finnistera - a wierd film about two russian ghost who travel from catalonia to finnisterra so they can achieve a different form of being. Very low budget, deliberatly poor acting but still shot with tremendous skill and presision. Different but good. 6.5/10

5. Two years at sea - a film shot in scotland about jake williams, a man who lives in the scottish wild, all by himself. interesting seeing him go about i business. Also shot in black and white. At some moments i thought just get on wi it by looking back it was well worth a watch. Film with the longest time in which the camera was completely still and it was just his face. Must have been aboot 5 minustes. 6.5/10

Edited by jojo

Aye it’s a true masterpiece. The bits with his neighbour are terrific, he becomes his true nemesis. The ending also makes you question everything you’ve read before.

What are the “monsters” in the film supposed to be anyway? Skinheid cannibals? Not sure why they didn’t just make them vampires like the book and also give them a bit of character

I've been meaning to read it for years. What do you make of Omega man? I know it's also nothing like the book but curious as to what you think. I personally love it.

Apparently the Vincent Price film 'The Last Man on Earth' is the most faithful to the book, but is really low budget.

Seen a few over the last couple of weeks:

The Woman in Black - Saw this with people from work, not particularly scary but a few of my female colleagues were pretty jumpy throughout. As someone said before, you can only so often have an eerie scene punctuated by a BOO! moment. Thought it was pretty decent, nothing spectacular. A solid *** out of 5.

Drive - I don't get the fuss. Watched it with the bird, who hated it. For me, it was more just a meh film aimed at guys who get a bonk on over that kind of stuff. **

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy - Fairly enjoyed it with an excellent lead performance from Oldman. ***

Win, Win - Giamatti is class as usual as a struggling lawyer who becomes the guardian of an old man for the cash, but puts him in a home. The old man's teenage runaway grandson turns up, with Giamatti taking him in ****

The Artist - Beautifully done, and fully deserving of the accolades that's come it's way ****

The Rimet Trophy - Hour long documentary about the Jules Rimet Trophy I saw as part of the European Documentary Festival. Interesting insight into the trophy and it's disappearance in Brazil. Was also followed by a Q&A with Marco Tardelli. ****