What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Safe house. As said a definite let down. All I can remember is load noises and driving through a slum. Really disappointed with it. Not seen a great new film in ages. At least Ryan Reynolds is trying a different role and he was not bad at it.

DENZEL, Y U NO IN GOOD FILM NEMORE?

Super

Watched this one the other night. Despite it saying 'Far Better Than Kick Ass' on the box, I knew not to expect something like Kick Ass bar the superhero connection. It's certainly all over the place and fairly bizarre. I was pleasantly surprised at how extreme some of the violence was. Not a very good movie though.

5/10

Safe house. As said a definite let down. All I can remember is load noises and driving through a slum. Really disappointed with it. Not seen a great new film in ages. At least Ryan Reynolds is trying a different role and he was not bad at it.

DENZEL, Y U NO IN GOOD FILM NEMORE?

Same here, there's been some really disappointing films out recently.

Did you not see The Muppets - fantastic

Outbreak

Meh. Bit pishy but any movie with Morgan Freeman, Kevin Spacey, Dustin Hoffman and a cute virus carrying monkey is always going to be watchable on a Sunday night when there is bugger else on the telly. The story really is more silly than I remembered it to be though.

6/10

In The Line Of Fire

John Malcovitch is great in this. It's watchable, but the story is so full of holes and whole idea of Eastwood in the role he plays is quite frankly, asburd.

6/10

Mona Lisa

Getting better now. Really good movie.Michael Caine has got the level of menace just about right and Bob Hoskins is fantastic. Can't believe it is 25 years old. Just go buy it if you haven't seen it before.

8.5/10

Which brings me to another Neil Jordan film

The Crying Game

This movie could not be made today. The only other movie I can think of that falls into this category would be The Usual Suspects. Blame the internet.

Forest Whitaker is so badly cast though, it's laughable. Apart from that, it's fantastic. Fair enough, the IRA stuff is a bit flimsy at times, but the story and the performance of Stephen Rea are great.

Look, just buy it, and don't read any spoilers before you watch it.

9/10

Surrogates is garbage, haven't seen Bangkok Dangerous. I found Green zone quite boring.

Bangkok dangerous for me.

Yeah, but you have the Nicolas Cage far to take into account; I'm guessing, based on the other films, that it's the US remake he's talking about.

Conan the Barbarian (2011)

This is so fucking ridiculous that you can't help but be engrossed. So much blood, and it has a good cast with Rose McGowan looking hot as always, Ron Perlman in his now ubiquitous role in this kind of film and for some reason Morgan Freeman narrating!

It's probably good enough on its own merits to not come into the category of so shit, it's awesome, but it gets the same mark!

7/10

Edited by SaltyTON

OSS 117: Cairo, Nest Of Spies

Was very curious about these films after the magical experience of seeing The Artist. Well, it turns out Michel Hazanavicius is a right gem of a filmmaker. This film is imaginative, hilarious and non-stop entertainment. It's like The Naked Gun meets Indiana Jones, but it sort of takes the piss out of both.

It's pretty basic: Jean Dujardin plays the sexy, suave and bumbling secret agent on an important mission in Egypt, where he pursues his mission cluelessly while trying to impress his female partner, played by (who other than) Berenice Bejo. Absolutely brilliant.

8/10

OSS 117: Lost In Rio

A bit more of the same, but more outrageous, and in Brazil. And with tits.

Still hilarious, laugh-out-loud funny from start to finish, but like so many sequels just not as good. A bit more Johnny English than Naked Gun but definitely worth watching.

7/10

I genuinely couldn't think what Bangkok dangerous was about but now I remember Nicolas Cage and a very boring film about assassins or something. Not great films.

20 minutes into Surrogates and I turned it off, 15 into BD and it went the same way. New films needed.

Day of the Dead

Why would you remake this and then piss all over the original? I agree with Saltyton here, this is horse shit. It's one of the worst films I've ever seen. Romero's originals(and the remake of Dawn and Land of the Dead) all had the horror element, this just wasn't scary or thrilling at all. Just plain ridiculous. Slow moving zombies are the Romero type, so why does this one have them jumping around and sprinting about? Absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention that the zombies turn was so quick and the zombies looked stupid.

1/10 - Mena Suvari is hot and that's the only reason this isn't a 0.

I gave this a try one night and had to turn it off. It's a low budget mess that makes no attempt to look like anything but a low budget mess. Men's Suvari has a forehead you could play rugby on.

I haven't even bothered with this before, I just knew it was gonna be garbage. I really, really liked the remake of Dawn of the Dead even though it wasnt brilliant but I wouldn't touch this.

I got Sleepers out of Morrisons for £2 yesterday, well gonna watch that tomorrow night.

I gave this a try one night and had to turn it off. It's a low budget mess that makes no attempt to look like anything but a low budget mess. Men's Suvari has a forehead you could play rugby on.

Yeah, saying someone has a big forehead to someone who's username is forehead probably isn't going to fly.

Well you would have it as your username! Do you have long hair and patchy facial hair?

Used to have long hair, but I cut it cause the fringe was fucking annoying and getting to "emoish" for my liking. I would have patch facial hair if I tried to grow it, but I have some self respect(admittedly not too much)

In the Line of Fire (1993)

Presidential assassination films tend to be pretty similar, and a lot of the set pieces in this film have been used before or again afterwards as you knew exactly what would happen.

The difference is that this one has a wonderful cast of Clint Eastwood, Rene Russo, Dylan Mcdermott and John Mahoney trying to stop the brilliant John Malkovich.

Tobin Bell is in it for a short time and looks older in 1993 than he did in the Saw septology.

Well worth the watch, can't get too high a score as it was so predictable, but when there was different ideas they were done well by a great cast, and directed by Das Boot's Wolfgang Petersen.

8/10

OSS 117: Cairo, Nest Of Spies

Was very curious about these films after the magical experience of seeing The Artist. Well, it turns out Michel Hazanavicius is a right gem of a filmmaker. This film is imaginative, hilarious and non-stop entertainment. It's like The Naked Gun meets Indiana Jones, but it sort of takes the piss out of both.

It's pretty basic: Jean Dujardin plays the sexy, suave and bumbling secret agent on an important mission in Egypt, where he pursues his mission cluelessly while trying to impress his female partner, played by (who other than) Berenice Bejo. Absolutely brilliant.

8/10

OSS 117: Lost In Rio

A bit more of the same, but more outrageous, and in Brazil. And with tits.

Still hilarious, laugh-out-loud funny from start to finish, but like so many sequels just not as good. A bit more Johnny English than Naked Gun but definitely worth watching.

7/10

I'll need to check these out. Dujardin seems to be the talk of the town at the moment, so I'm willing to see his work.