What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Not sure as I switch off at his name, same as Jim Carey, tho as proved by Obama getting a Grammy, awards dont mean shit.

I agree. Whether he did or not, i think it was a terrific performance.

Nobody rates Cage now, he's just a parody of himself. But he was magnificent in Leaving Las Vegas. Did he get an Oscar for it?

Yes.

When he plays to his strengths of being wacky and weird Nicolas Cage gives excellent performances. On top form in Wild At Heart, may I add.

Burn After Reading

What an excellent film this is. John Malkovich, Brad Pitt and George Clooney are all absolutely fantastic in this. Helped out immensely by Frances McDormand and Tilda Swinton. Even a wee cameo from the guy who plays Dale in the Walking Dead and a minor role from JK Simmons who is also fantastic. Basic story is that Malkovich is a CIA operative who gets sort of fucked about at the start and quits. McDormand and Pitt find a disc which they think is CIA information and attempt to blackmail Malkovich for money and shit hits the fan. Swinton and Clooney fit in elsewhere.

It's a funny and really entertaining, another great flick from the Coen Brothers.

8/10

Yes.

When he plays to his strengths of being wacky and weird Nicolas Cage gives excellent performances. On top form in Wild At Heart, may I add.

He was excellent in Adaption and Leaving Las Vegas , OK in Kick Ass and Raising Arizona.

It's just the shite like National Treasure, The Sorcerer's Apprentice and Ghost Rider that make me want to avoid his films like the plague.

He was excellent in Adaption and Leaving Las Vegas , OK in Kick Ass and Raising Arizona.

It's just the shite like National Treasure, The Sorcerer's Apprentice and Ghost Rider that make me want to avoid his films like the plague.

He was Adam West in Kick Ass.

8mm...a great performance in a really disturbing but gripping film.......however shite like snake eyes doesnt help his reputation.

I've always said Cage would be a good actor if he knew what each role he did entails. But he just seems to think in his own head "THIS is what I'll do this time" at random and that's the end of his process on it.

The Wicker Man is my personal favourite of his. It really is SO bad from him, I can't stop watching it.

I've seen both these films, and I like them both, but the question is which one should I watch tonight? 1. Interview with a Vampire 2. Gangs of New York

Gangs of New York. There's only so many necks you can see Tom Cruise sucking on.

I got Sleepers out of Morrisons for £2 yesterday, well gonna watch that tomorrow night.

One of the most underrated films ever. Was part of a clutch of really great movies round about the mid 90s that never got the recognition they deserved. It's one of my favourite films of all time.

Norwegian Wood

I've been waiting what seems like forever to actually see this. I read the book a few years ago and thought it was brilliant so I had high expectations for the film. Can't say I found too much wrong with it. A beautiful artistic piece about a man reflecting on his life in 1960's Japan when he was a teenager. His best friend commits suicide at the beginning which changes his life. He escapes to University in Tokyo and by chance meets up with his best friends girlfriend (Naoko) who he develops a relationship with, but she ends up spiraling into depression due to past event and moves away to a help centre in the mountains. The main character (Watanabe) then meets a girl at his university who is pretty much the polar opposite of Naoko in that she is more eccentric. Watanabe then develops a relationship with her but ultimately has to choose between the two girls and what effects his decision may have. Unsuprisingly, a bit of a serious watch but also highly enjoyable.

9/10

The Devils Rejects

This is more what I'm used to watching. Directed by Rob Zombie, it's just a comedy/ horror gore fest. Plotline revolves around a family of serial killers who are being pursued by the police. As they are on the run they continue to kill their way to their freedom. However, at the end there is the old fashioned showdown and a highly predictable outcome. Still, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

7/10

SENNA.

Not a big motor sport fan, in fact its about the only sport i cant watch as i find it tedious. However....

Having been told this was a 'must see' film/docu i wasnt dissapointed. An incredibly gripping and moving tale, even if the term 'film' isnt accurate here, its a documentary.

But WHAT a story....

The way senna was shat on by that French guy who was in charge of safety in F1 in the 90's is incredible.. a more arrogant man you would be hard pushed to find.

Not being a F1 fan either i didnt realise the hatred between him and Alain Prost, Prost redeems himself a bit near the end but generally comes across as total knob, the scene where he gets dogs abuse from the crowd at the brazilian GP is comedy gold.

The closing part dealing with his death at San Marino is quite chilling, when Roland Ratzenberger dies in practice you feel a chill run down your spine knowing more tragedy is to come that weekend. I still find it incredible that not only did the race go ahead after the poor guys death in practice but, even after senna was killed they actually restarted and finished the race. !

All in all though a superbly written and edited film/docu.

8.5/10

Slowly downloading 'The Anderson Platoon'' after reading about Pierre Schoendoerffers death recently (director).

documentary about Vietnam from 1965. Really want to see the 'predesessor' 317th section about the French in Indochina in the 50's.

Has anybody seen either?