What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Watched LA Story again. It's funny. I have a huge soft spot for Steve Martin.

7/10

Was with the imfamous "im studying the art of conversation" line?

Jack Reacher

First Cruise film I've seen in ages that I enjoyed, really well written and some great action.

9/10

Apartment 1303

Do not pay £3.50 to watch this pile of shite.

1/10

Bourne Legacy 6.5/10

Solid, dragged it out a bit at the start but picked up nicely towards the end.

Once upon a time in the West 7/10

Good story, good characters, and not bad music either. My issue was the OTT attempts at dragging out the suspense (those first ten minutes BTW), which killed most of it for me, otherwise I'd be going to the 8/9 bracket.

The Iceman - 7/10

Wasn't as good as I expected it to be but was still quite a decent watch. For anyone who has seen Boardwalk Empire will know that Michael Shannon is great and he is in this film too. For me there was something missing and I can't quite put my finger on it. Perhaps the story didn't quite flow as I would have liked and I did feel it had a bit of a lull in the middle, but overall well worth checking out

After Earth - 3/10

I actually quite like Will Smith, but this was pretty crap. Some of the special effects and scenes, especially near the start of the film when they are in the space ship were pretty poor and corny I thought, although the thing that really lets it down is the fact Jaden Smith is an awful actor! He is utterly terrible, and the fact that 90% of the film is literally only him and his dad means it isn't great. The plot is simple but rubbish

The Sweeney - total pish

The two lead characters were so unlikeable that I was cheering on the "baddies" throughout.

Another DVD heading straight to the charity shop

I watched that last week - rotten.

Would thoroughly recommend people do not take the time to watch this.

Edited by ScottMc77

The Iceman - 7/10

Wasn't as good as I expected it to be but was still quite a decent watch. For anyone who has seen Boardwalk Empire will know that Michael Shannon is great and he is in this film too. For me there was something missing and I can't quite put my finger on it. Perhaps the story didn't quite flow as I would have liked and I did feel it had a bit of a lull in the middle, but overall well worth checking out

After Earth - 3/10

I actually quite like Will Smith, but this was pretty crap. Some of the special effects and scenes, especially near the start of the film when they are in the space ship were pretty poor and corny I thought, although the thing that really lets it down is the fact Jaden Smith is an awful actor! He is utterly terrible, and the fact that 90% of the film is literally only him and his dad means it isn't great. The plot is simple but rubbish

Thought that might be the case, normally Will Smith isnt too bad but from the trailers alone I wouldnt want to see it, glad i was right

Thought that might be the case, normally Will Smith isnt too bad but from the trailers alone I wouldnt want to see it, glad i was right

It's another effort by M. Night Shyamalan as well who seems to be continuing the downward trajectory of the quality of his films since the the Sixth Sense and Unstoppable.

It's easy to forget just how good the Sixth Sense is, and the skillful way it works around it's plot twist, due to the fact that since Unstoppable, and Signs if your feeling generous, Shyamalan has mostly just produced work which can be described as disapointingly mediocre at best. And the fact the Sixth Sense was/is an easy target for lazy comedy writers also means that it's picked a degree of ridicule that is undeserved imo.

What really put me off going to see this initially was the fact that it looked like yet another ego trip for Will Smith and not only that he's dragged his son along with him again. Pretty much every review I've read seems to have a similar problem with it to some degree.

After Earth - 3/10

Thought that looked utter sh*te. Another one of those visual efects wankery movies...doesn't interest me at all. Same with Pacific Rim

It's another effort by M. Night Shyamalan as well who seems to be continuing the downward trajectory of the quality of his films since the the Sixth Sense and Unstoppable.

It's easy to forget just how good the Sixth Sense is, and the skillful way it works around it's plot twist, due to the fact that since Unstoppable, and Signs if your feeling generous, Shyamalan has mostly just produced work which can be described as disapointingly mediocre at best. And the fact the Sixth Sense was/is an easy target for lazy comedy writers also means that it's picked a degree of ridicule that is undeserved imo.

What really put me off going to see this initially was the fact that it looked like yet another ego trip for Will Smith and not only that he's dragged his son along with him again. Pretty much every review I've read seems to have a similar problem with it to some degree.

Tony Scott directed Unstoppable, Shyamalan made Unbreakable. Of course, even if it was the other way around your point would stand, they're both pish.

Tony Scott directed Unstoppable, Shyamalan made Unbreakable. Of course, even if it was the other way around your point would stand, they're both pish.

Of course, I had a feeling something wasn't right there. I thought Unbreakable was pretty decent though. It's certainly a lot better than the likes of The Last Airbender.

Thought that looked utter sh*te. Another one of those visual efects wankery movies...doesn't interest me at all. Same with Pacific Rim

Pacific Rim should be good, does exactly what it says on the tin and should be a no brainer aliens vs robots giant fight

Of course, I had a feeling something wasn't right there. I thought Unbreakable was pretty decent though. It's certainly a lot better than the likes of The Last Airbender.

Thats the worst bit about folk trying to rehash decent Anime like the last airbender, if you think thats bad try Dragonball Evolution....

Less of the Unstoppable slagging. That movie was great fun. Unbreakable is okay I suppose.

I'm interested to see what this After Earth is right. Even in a bad movie, it should be near impossible to make Will Smith unlikeable. Seven Pounds is the only movie I've seen in which he doesn't shine at all.

What did you make of The Avengers? I thought it was a poor movie. Really, really shit. I can't remember meeting a single person who didn't think it was an absolute masterpiece. Awful acting, shit script, huge plot holes, loads of inaccuracies and worst of all those tragic attempts at inserting humour. It just doesn't have any redeeming features at all.

The Amazing Spider-Man movie last year is the only full-scale CGI movie I can remember enjoying,

Thats the worst bit about folk trying to rehash decent Anime like the last airbender, if you think thats bad try Dragonball Evolution....

As a very big fan of the original Dragonball series, I had never felt such seethe towards the people behind making it, because I'd argue it was the worst interpretation of an original show, ever.