What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

This year and last year I am working through the top 100IMDB films. 46 to go. Todays film is the third man. Didnt realise there were so many really older films on the list

This sounds an amazing thing to do but how are you going about it?you buying DVDs or getting the films from a streaming service(netflix etc)?

The grand Budapest hotel.

Bloody loved it. Two great characters. Really quirky with plenty of delicate laughs.

Wife hated it which is normally a tried and tested success for a great movie.

10/10

Edited by mojito

The grand Budapest hotel.

Bloody loved it. Two greatest characters. Really quirky with plenty of delicate laughs.

Wife hated it which is normally a tried and tested success for a great movie.

10/10

Going to give this a wee watch tomorrow

Slap Shot 8/10

Hockey comedy from 1977 , starring Paul Newman.

A failing hockey team bring back the fans by realising they want to see brutal fights instead of old school ice hockey. They bring in 3 brothers , the Hansons to mix it up. Newman is excellent as usual.

Slap Shot 8/10

Hockey comedy from 1977 , starring Paul Newman.

A failing hockey team bring back the fans by realising they want to see brutal fights instead of old school ice hockey. They bring in 3 brothers , the Hansons to mix it up. Newman is excellent as usual.

These laddies?

90s-old-hanson-431x300.jpg

Wouldb't have been my first choices, but there you go.

Dallas Buyers Club

Brilliant, best film I've seen in ages to be honest, McConaughey gives the performance of his life , full of the right content for a movie of this type, humour,tears and drama. The whole thing is done without the shcmaltz that Hollywood can be guilty of ....

the moment between MM and Jared Leto character when they hugged was done beautifully , no great build up or huge outpouring of emotion just a moment which summed up how far of a journey MM character had gone.

Can't reccomend it enough....10/10

Dallas Buyers Club

Brilliant, best film I've seen in ages to be honest, McConaughey gives the performance of his life , full of the right content for a movie of this type, humour,tears and drama. The whole thing is done without the shcmaltz that Hollywood can be guilty of ....

the moment between MM and Jared Leto character when they hugged was done beautifully , no great build up or huge outpouring of emotion just a moment which summed up how far of a journey MM character had gone.

Great film.....saw it at the cinema this time last year. Good story well acted.

Is there anything on at the cinema worth going to see at the moment anyone?

Dallas Buyers Club

Great film.....saw it at the cinema this time last year. Good story well acted.

Is there anything on at the cinema worth going to see at the moment anyone?

Agreed on DBC- a terrific film. My only criticism would be the casting of Jennifer Garner. That role was crying out for a skilled actress (my pick would be Julia Roberts), but their fee alone would have doubled the film's budget. It's actually miraculous that it was made for so little money.

I haven't been at a cinema for a few months but I'll bet that Birdman and Big Eyes are worth watching.

Edited by Albino Rover

Watched Esio Trot the other night. Must be getting a sentimental old fool, because I thought it was glorious. Even James Corden's presence didn't ruin it.

I watched that, it was very good.

Hoffman and Dench are both masters.

I just sort of blotted out the bits with Corden narrating

This is the films ive got to watch still. Some I already have seen but will watch again

Some great films there, the Hitchcock ones are always a good watch. I've been trying to get a lesser known Hitchcock one from 1948 called Rope, it's on Youtube but unfortunately it's dubbed in Spanish.

I see you have The Bicycle Thieves on your list, saw this a few weeks ago and it's a brilliant little film.

Watched a couple of oldies today

12 Angry Men - a true classic 10/10

The Children's Hour - a 1961 film starring Audrey Hepburn, Shirley MacLaine and James Garner about two teachers who are accused of having a lesbian affair. Not a bad effort about a subject that was pretty taboo at that time and Hepburn is classy as always 8/10

The Theory of Everything.

Found this totally absorbing. As an actual film it has a very good opening hour and a very good closing section. It lags in the middle a little but you are so drawn in to the performance from Eddie Redmayne that it doesn't really matter. With this being a biopic there are always going to be things that are a bit "did that really happen" but you will always get that. Two hours flew by.

Redmayne is unbelievably good in this, and Frank Lebouf makes an appearance too...

8/10