What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

True Story

Jonah hill plays a shamed ex journalist for the New York Times who receives a phone call telling him a man (played by a very chilling James Franco) has been arrested for the murder of his family and was using his name.

The next hour goes through the stories of the events that happened that day which culminates in the trial.

Jonah hill plays his part well but James Franco excels. I kinda was expecting a huge twist at the end but it was better than some films I've seen lately.

6/10

Invoked - dreadful Irish found footage horror about a group of friends on a weekend break in a remote hostel they've rented. The whole thing is like one of those Pop Hits! albums where all the songs are mediocre cover versions performed by session musicians. Just a bunch of scenes stitched together from other found footage films; you can tick off the big names of the genre as it goes along. Doesn't help that most of the film is basically shite footage of an empty attended by a bunch of boring arseholes that you don't even know.

An American Werewolf In London. 8/10

Watched this on Netflix for the first time in ages. Two young American ramblers go hiking on the moors and get attacked by a Werewolf , one dies the other wakes up in a London hospital. The film revolves around the survivor finding out from his dead mate that he is going to become a Werewolf while advising him to kill himself before he changes.

Looks a bit dated now , but , at the time the transformation was cutting edge at the time. Still a good , funny 80s horror comedy.

An American Werewolf In London. 8/10

Watched this on Netflix for the first time in ages. Two young American ramblers go hiking on the moors and get attacked by a Werewolf , one dies the other wakes up in a London hospital. The film revolves around the survivor finding out from his dead mate that he is going to become a Werewolf while advising him to kill himself before he changes.

Looks a bit dated now , but , at the time the transformation was cutting edge at the time. Still a good , funny 80s horror comedy.

The soundtrack is amazing too. Jenny Agutter is so pretty in it - if I'm ever savaged by a werewolf I'd like her to nurse me better.

The soundtrack is amazing too. Jenny Agutter is so pretty in it - if I'm ever savaged by a werewolf I'd like her to nurse me better.

The great thing about the soundtrack is that it's accidentally brilliant. John Landis wanted Elvis /Sinatra songs but they were too expensive so they had to go for a bit of bluegrass which has aged so much better.

American Werewolf in London is one my top 10 films of all time - love it!

Watched Kung Fury again tonight, this time with the wife. Even funnier the second time through, and something of a miniature work of art. Can't recommend it highly enough, unless you're sick of 80s pastiches.

Also watched Haunter, which is a ghost story about a lassie caught in a Groundhog Day style situation, repeating the same day constantly while trapped with her (unaware) parents and brother in their house. Not bad for what it is, but the manner in which our heroine works her way out of the problem doesn't try to make a lot of logical sense, which annoys me a bit in films as I like to have some kind of reason for things happening. It's pretty common for ghost stories to be a bit airy-fairy, though, so this would probably be well work a look if that's your bag.

The Maze Runner - 8/10

I quite enjoyed the first Hunger Games but was a bit unsure about the follow-ups. This is one of those films that slots into that dystopian, YA fiction, sci-fi, genre that's quite popular just now, and which Hunger Games seems to lead the way.

We actually only watched this because we caught a trailer for the sequel which looks pretty cool - The Scorch Trials (spoilered below in case you've not seen the first film) so wanted to see the first film.

In contrast to Hunger Games, the film's entire cast are enjoyable to watch and keep the film moving along at a good pace (whereas I felt the Hunger Games was really slow at times and, without Jennifer Lawrence, would be boring as f***). Good special effects and good at building up tension.

Like the rest of these type of films, the plot / story makes no f***ing sense, but hey-ho, still good fun.

Kingsman: The secret service.

Wow I was amazed at how good this film was. When it was released at the cinemas I wasn't sold on the idea but after reading the reviews and a personal recommendation from my cousin I thought I'd give it a watch. I was hooked after the first 10 minutes, Samuel l Jackson gives a memorable performance (his lisp cracked me up). Hell I even liked Colin Firths character, violent at times but overall a great film.

8.5/10

Never watched it. Stay away from #6 and rob zombies version of #2

At the time of release it was reviled but has become revered over its 30 year release and has a bit of a cult following.