What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I just watched Smokin' Aces.

I thought, well its a mafia movie with Ray Liotta and Andy Garcia. It must be good.

Think Lock, Stock with loads more violence and no humour and you have the basis of the movie. At least Ben Affleck was killed off quickly, that was a bonus.

One thing about Andy garcia though. He looked so much like Warden Norton from Shawshank in this movie. How old is Garcia these days? :unsure:

It's a good watchable gangster shoot em up type movie, just not the kind of movie I particulartly go for.

I watched Donnie Brasco this morning as well. Just fantastic. No explanation required.

My review of Hostel on another forum ...

For a start, there was no need for every single death to be so graphic. It seemed to be done purely for shock value. Sort of lost the shock after the 5th time. However, the thing with the eye still managed to be pretty horrific and that was a good bit into the movie. The other pointless thing was giving the Dutch guy a backstory. Why should I care ? Keep the guy as cold blooded and as hollow as he actually is instead of feeding us such filth. Other than that there were some decent things.

The scenes before they reach Bratislava were usually good fun. Of course, they completely killed the tension on that front as well by putting terror music in a conversation that never needed it, and also made it quite clear what the next destination was and what was going to happen. Also made sure I seen every single twist coming as well. Infact, the more I type about it, the more I find wrong with it. Including sign posting everything that's going to happen. Ugh.

It really is a complete crock of crap.

Oh, and Transformers I forgot to rate. 9/10.

Also DomDom you forgot to mention the most annoying thing about that shite film!!

Why the f**k are all the signs in Amsterdam in fucking German??? :angry:

Edited by SaltyTON

the departed 8/10 back on track from scorcese worth it just for mark wahlberg's quality dialogue.

Great film.

On a very childish note, i loved the way Matt Damon said "Darlene" in his New York accent. It reminded me of the voice they have for the news in South Park.

The Wicker Man ( 1973 )

Wowowowow. The greatest horror movie of all time. All of the classic horrors came from the 70s but this is the best of the lot, building the tension and suspense untill it's truly horrifying ending. I can't encourage people enough to go out and get this on DVD. It's capped off from fantastic performances from Edward Woodward and Christopher Lee.

10/10

The Wicker Man ( 1973 )

Wowowowow. The greatest horror movie of all time. All of the classic horrors came from the 70s but this is the best of the lot, building the tension and suspense untill it's truly horrifying ending. I can't encourage people enough to go out and get this on DVD. It's capped off from fantastic performances from Edward Woodward and Christopher Lee.

10/10

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest PromotionPars

Watched 4 in the past 4 days.

Employee of the month - 9/10

Norbit - 9/10

Blades of Glory - 7/10

The number 23 - 4/10

Employee of the month is funny and it has the hottie that is jessica simpson in it.

Norbit is really funny , had me in stitches

Blades of Glory wasnt as good as i thought i would be.Not many funny bits

The number 23 got boring really quick.Dragged on a bit.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not a fan then ?

He's not a fan of any classics unless they're some obscure, third rate horror flick that nobody's heard of. :P

PS I've never seen Wicker Man but going to watch it on my (now extended somewhat) tea break as it must be very good. ;)

Scratch that.

Doesn't appear to be on any of the movie sites.

:(

The original is okay, but not a horror. Looking at IMDB list I gave it 6/10.

The remake was a 4/10, don't watch the Nic Cage version whatever you do!!