What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I watched This is England and it's truely horrifying that we have some of the kind of people in Britain that have such extreme views.

But what did you think of the film?

i Thought it was one of the best acted films i've seen this year, the young boy was outstanding and even the drip from emmerdale was pretty damn good defo a 9/10 film

No. 1 Gangster

Wow. This sure was a lot of crap. One big streaming pile of crap with one of the most ridiculously rushed endings ever, and some of the worst acting you're likely to see. Paul Bettany was in good form, but Malcolm McDowell was NOT built for this role. I stayed up to watch this crap.

0/10.

I remember hiring this a few years ago and it was so lame. Pathetic wannabe gangster film where the typical line of dialogue would be:

w**ker 1 - "You're a facking cant."

w**ker2 - "No i'm not, you're a facking cant."

A load of w**k.

'Control'

Stunning.

Whilst I love Joy Division's music, this isn't so much about the band as about Curtis and his descent into depression and self-loathing, his attempts to deal with the fact that his marriage was disintegrating, and his realisation that he couldn't deal with what being the lead singer, and consequently 'the star' entailed.

Cracking performances from Samantha Morton (I think she was Deborah Curtis?) and whoever was Tony Wilson.

Didn't understand the people laughing uproariously from just before the final credits though. Without wishing to sound like my maw, and appreciating it's a film and that - a bloke commiting suicide is funny? :huh:

'Control'

Stunning.

Whilst I love Joy Division's music, this isn't so much about the band as about Curtis and his descent into depression and self-loathing, his attempts to deal with the fact that his marriage was disintegrating, and his realisation that he couldn't deal with what being the lead singer, and consequently 'the star' entailed.

Cracking performances from Samantha Morton (I think she was Deborah Curtis?) and whoever was Tony Wilson.

Didn't understand the people laughing uproariously from just before the final credits though. Without wishing to sound like my maw, and appreciating it's a film and that - a bloke commiting suicide is funny? :huh:

I look forward to seeing this. My mate has read the Deborah Curtis book 'Touching from a Distance'. He said it was crap though.

I look forward to seeing this. My mate has read the Deborah Curtis book 'Touching from a Distance'. He said it was crap though.

Haven't read the book - though I think Fopp have it for all of three quid, so I might do fairly soon.

Did he mention why he thought it was crap? Poorly written?

Haven't read the book - though I think Fopp have it for all of three quid, so I might do fairly soon.

Did he mention why he thought it was crap? Poorly written?

Precisely. He said she's a really poor writer although i suppose in her case you could say the actual content of the story probably matters more.

Will be going to the cineworld on Friday, no way I'm missing the opening day!!

No spoilers please, mate! :P

But what did you think of the film?

i Thought it was one of the best acted films i've seen this year, the young boy was outstanding and even the drip from emmerdale was pretty damn good defo a 9/10 film

I thought This Is England was absolute shite.

Over-hyped, over-rated keech.

:o

Edited by LargsTON

Guest harry_wraggs
No spoilers please, mate! :P

I thought This Is England was absolute shite.

Over-hyped, over-rated keech.

:o

i thought it was awright. i got a 3 quid snide when it was out in the pictures which was a really good copy. the wee guy in it was superb, especially considering he was not an actor.

when was it ever hyped at all? i never seen any

Saw Rendition at the weekend. Enjoyable but not as good as I had hoped. A good plot which ends up coming around full circle but you can unwravel it pretty quickly if you pay attention (unlike my flat mate!). Gyllenhaal was good in it - he had impressed me in Zodiac where I thought he was excellent.

Not much in the way of action and thus the film can be a bit slow in places so don't expect anything exciting to be happening round every corner. A similar pace to Zodiac perhaps would be the best way (for me) to describe it.

A enjoyable 8/10.

Series 7 : The Contenders

A TV movie ripping the piss out of reality TV. In all fairness, this is a very good TV movie, as it has some brilliant stuff in it, like a crazy old lady. There's also a mental pregnant woman with a mate who has cancer. Of course, all of these people have to kill each other. Fun, fun, fun. There's an absolutely ( intentionally ) hilarious scene in a mall. I wouldn't recommend it as a classic or anything, but for a good bit of TV movie comedy, this is great.

7/10.

i thought it was awright. i got a 3 quid snide when it was out in the pictures which was a really good copy. the wee guy in it was superb, especially considering he was not an actor.

when was it ever hyped at all? i never seen any

Hyped may have been a poor choice of word.

Anytime I read a review it was getting raved about, it just didn't live up to my expectations.

Series 7 : The Contenders

A TV movie ripping the piss out of reality TV. In all fairness, this is a very good TV movie, as it has some brilliant stuff in it, like a crazy old lady. There's also a mental pregnant woman with a mate who has cancer. Of course, all of these people have to kill each other. Fun, fun, fun. There's an absolutely ( intentionally ) hilarious scene in a mall. I wouldn't recommend it as a classic or anything, but for a good bit of TV movie comedy, this is great.

7/10.

A guy from Greenock was the editor on that. Small world etc.

breakdown a thriller starring kurt russell in which he and his wife are driving through the desert and their ca breaks down. seen it all before with an over done ending 4/10 a shit film but not in a good way.

also just watched the warriors again a quality piece of film making. warriors come out to plaaaayyyyy 9/10

Guest harry_wraggs
that is a good film i wouldn't f**k with denzil after he had been on the whisky

particularly enjoyed the bits where he was interrogating folk and the plastic explosives up the farter was genius :lol: