What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Hills Have Eyes II (2007)

6/10

Pretty decent for a remake, but without Michael Berryman it loses its 80s charm.

Would have been 5, but the mutant with the glasses is EXACTLY what I imagine mortonjag looks like, so it made me laugh!

Got to see This Is England tonight. I'd give it about a 7 out of 10. Great film, if not one of the best I've seen. From the blurb I've read about it before, I was thinking it was going to be rather extreme in it's portrayal of that time, but it's actually not. It's scary, to be perfectly honest, that those people existed then, and still do.

I've decided to start rating all movies I've seen from directors. Today, I will be focusing on Michael Mann.

Manhunter

Fairly good stuff actually. One of the better Hannibal movies. Brian Cox is great as always.

8/10

Heat

Pacino and De Niro get it on in this awesome movie. Pretty famous scene with the two men meeting each other can be found on YouTube and is worth a look.

8/10

The Insider

Al Pacino stars again, this time alongside Russell Crowe. This is a very good thriller, with a very good cast.

9/10

Collateral

Another brilliant Michael Mann movie. He has lots. Tom Cruise is one of the more underrated actors out there, and he turns in a brilliant performance in this movie.

8/10

Miami Vice

Oh dear. This one is poor, poor, poor. Boring and predictable.

3/10

The title is "what was the LAST movie you watched?"

Stick to the script.

I know, but I guess I'm trying to get some sort of talking point out there, seeing as this is now pretty much the only definitive movie thread on these forums. Anyways ...

Outlaw

I don't know why I bother sometimes. I was warned this was bad, but I had no idea it was going to be THIS bad. There isn't a character I want to care about. Well, apart from the black guy that was in Snatch.

0/10.

Edited by DomDom

Wes Craven's The People Under the Stairs - 6/10

Wes Craven likes his 90s comedy horrors with this being a good early effort, gave him practise before Scream.

EDIT: Forgot about the random appearance by Ving Rhames! (before he was famous cos he's not listed on the box at all) :lol:

Edited by SaltyTON

Hitchcock's "Rope" - 8/10

I was given a fantastic birthday present of a Hitchcock box set and was recommended to watch this one first and i enjoyed it. It starts off with a surprise and develops from there and is pretty much set in the same 2 rooms. I don't want to give away the plot for those who haven't seen it but there's a certain twisted sense of humour and smart dialogue throughout.