What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I watched Click on Saturday and really enjoyed it. Pissing myself laughing at some parts and close to tears at others.

First Adam Sandler film I've seen that made me think.

8/10.

Punch Drunk Love is actually a terrific, off-the-wall piece of work which I thoroughly enjoyed, including Adam Sandler's performance. It's strange, he's like Jim Carrey, whose straight roles often verge on outstanding, whereas his comedic ones are inane.

Guest harry_wraggs
My pal has told me about that.... :lol:

I watched Alpha Dog last night...excellente!

did you only enjoy it cause it had justin timberlake in it? i thought it was one of the worst films ive ever had to watch, really painful stuff...

Punch Drunk Love is actually a terrific, off-the-wall piece of work which I thoroughly enjoyed, including Adam Sandler's performance. It's strange, he's like Jim Carrey, whose straight roles often verge on outstanding, whereas his comedic ones are inane.

Not true, all Jim Carrey's films that I've seen have been verging on awful...

• Ace Ventura: Pet Detective 4/10
  • The Mask 6/10
  • Dumb & Dumber 1/10
  • Batman Forever 5/10
  • Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls 3/10
  • The Cable Guy 1/10
  • Liar Liar 6/10
  • Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events 4/10
  • The Number 23 3/10

• The Mask 6/10
  • Dumb & Dumber 1/10
  • Batman Forever 5/10
  • The Cable Guy 1/10
  • Liar Liar 6/10
  • The Number 23 3/10

Dumb and Dumber is one of the finest comedy films in history.

The Cable Guy is a tremendous film that just has a crappy ending

Liar Liar is excellent.

You are the equivalent of a music snob. If others have heard of an actor you don't like him. If it's a film on general release you will slate it.

Dumb and Dumber is one of the finest comedy films in history.

The Cable Guy is a tremendous film that just has a crappy ending

Liar Liar is excellent.

You are the equivalent of a music snob. If others have heard of an actor you don't like him. If it's a film on general release you will slate it.

Liar Liar was a passable film, as was the Mask. I don't like obnoxious comedy, the 'I'm loud and American, look at me' type just make me want to take a pickaxe to their head.

Liar Liar was a passable film, as was the Mask. I don't like obnoxious comedy, the 'I'm loud and American, look at me' type just make me want to take a pickaxe to their head.

I'm sure if you filmed yourself doing that on a grainy mobile camera and called it "The Deathening Part 9:Blood on the treehouse!!" you'd watch it back and give it 9/10.

Guest Mr Cravat

Glengary Glen Ross on DVD......9/10

Pure genius from Lemon and Pacino with Lemon going through every emotion possible.Great Script and worthy of the Oscar nominations

I'm sure if you filmed yourself doing that on a grainy mobile camera and called it "The Deathening Part 9:Blood on the treehouse!!" you'd watch it back and give it 9/10.

I hate mobile cameras, Blair Witch got 1/10.

Anyone who claims they didn't find it funny the first time it came out is a liar.

Don't talk crap. I saw it when it first came out, it was crap. Ooo a van dressed up like a dog with a couple of arseholes inside it, the hilarity!!

Don't talk crap. I saw it when it first came out, it was crap. Ooo a van dressed up like a dog with a couple of arseholes inside it, the hilarity!!

Are you sure you're not a woman?

Anyone who didn't find lines like:

"Nice hooters! I mean the owls......."

and:

"Aspen? But the French are assholes Lloyd!"

funny is clearly a woman. :P

Babel - 6.5/10

Not bad, but not what I was expectig either. Has 3 seperate stories all supposedly interlinking into one, however one of the stories (the japanese) one has really hee-haw to do wi the other one, and its like the makers of the film had an idea about the Japanese story line and just made a really poor link so that they could get it in the movie. Some really good visuals in the film tho.

• The Mask 6/10
  • Dumb & Dumber 1/10
  • Batman Forever 5/10
  • The Cable Guy 1/10
  • Liar Liar 6/10
  • The Number 23 3/10

I'd agree that in general Carrey's shite but Dumb and Dumber 1/10?

Ur at the wind up, mate. One of the funniest film's I've ever seen. :blink:

the truman show and eternal sunshine of the spotless mind are both excellent films with strong performances from Carrey.

dumb and dumber is a belter of a comedy as well,

Harry: What's her last name? I'll look it up.

Lloyd: You know, I don't really recall. Starts with an S! Let's see. Swim? Swammi? Slippy? Slappy? Swenson? Swanson?

Harry: Maybe it's on the briefcase.

Lloyd: Oh, yeah! It's right here.

Lloyd: Samsonite! I was way off! I knew it started with an S, though

Lloyd: What the hell are we doing here, Harry? We gotta get out of this town!

Harry: Oh yeah, and go where? Where are we gonna go?

Lloyd: I'll tell you where. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called Aspen.

Harry: Oh, I don't know, Lloyd. The French are assholes.

Lloyd: Why you going to the airport, flying somewhere?

Mary: How'd you guess?

Lloyd: I saw your luggage, then when I noticed the airline ticket I put 2 and 2 together

Harry: I don't get it, Lloyd. She told me ten o clock, sharp! Are you sure you went to the right bar?

Lloyd: Yep. I'm pretty sure. Lobby bar right by the lobby. Maybe she just had a change of heart.

Harry: Oh, that pisses me off! That pisses me right off! I hate when women do that. She wanted to see you again! And now no? Now... wait a minute! Wait! She must have meant ten o clock at night!

Lloyd: Do you think...?

Harry: Why would she meet you in a bar at ten in the morning?

Lloyd: I just figured she was a raging alcoholic. :lol:

watched

a scanner darkly - unique film, the rotoscoping is a bold move and i think it lends itself to the film pretty well, was an interesting film with quite a poignant ending. my only criticism is that it loses its way at times but it gets extra marks for having robert downey jnr in it.

7.5/10

Fast food nation - not sure what to expect but other than some grotty images and some interesting snippets i thought it was really poor.

5/10

still got blood diamond to watch later this week...