What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Did you not enjoy I Am Legend Salty?

Shows how different people think I suppose as I thought it was fantastic.

No, it could have been so much better. It was just a bad rip-off of 28 Days Later.

What is funny? 28 Days Later is the best of its kind, albeit not original. NOTHING IS TRULY ORIGINAL YOU MORON!!!

But why would I say that something was a rip off of the earlier crapper version? :1eye

If you can name a better example, Stuart, then give it a go.

EDIT: talking to the guy whose parents couldn't spell.

Edited by SaltyTON

I Am Legend is essentially a remake of The Last Man on Earth, which took it's story from the original novel which was I Am Legend. Incidentally The Omega Man, the 70s remake of Last Man ... was a better movie than the lot.

Street Kings

This is a whole lot of nonsense, but it's fun while it lasts. It doesn't get boring and it's brainless stuff. Perfect blockbuster fodder. Surprised it didn't do better. Anyways, the twists are decent as well. Three big twists, and only one of them completely predictable. Not bad for a modern day movie.

6/10

What is funny? 28 Days Later is the best of its kind, albeit not original. NOTHING IS TRULY ORIGINAL YOU MORON!!!

But why would I say that something was a rip off of the earlier crapper version? :1eye

If you can name a better example, Stuart, then give it a go.

EDIT: talking to the guy whose parents couldn't spell.

:geek:1eye :1eye :lol:

I take it neither of you have seen I Am Legend? Yes, it's a "remake", in name, of The Omega Man, but there are few similarities between them other than the very basic plot elements.

My point about IAL being a rip-off of 28 Days stands as the infected are exactly the same, whereas in TOM they are humans with the fucking plague but with funny eyes, who have complete control of their motor functions and thoughts (save for the sensitivity to light).

EDIT: To Stuart and Ruggy

Edited by SaltyTON

I take it neither of you have seen I Am Legend? Yes, it's a "remake", in name, of The Omega Man, but there are few similarities between them other than the very basic plot elements.

It's a remake of The Last Man on Earth, which IS very similar to I Am Legend because it's an adaptation of that very novel. The Omega Man is itself a remake of The Last Man on Earth as I pointed out. The Last Man on Earth has pretty much the story that I Am Legend has. Only at the end does it take a very sinister turn and do a complete 180.

The Omega Man is very different I agree, but probably the best of the lot. Not sure why it's classed as a remake as there are an incredible amount of differences. That's probably why it was so good. Because the sourse material simply wasn't that good in the first place.

After saying all of that, I'm still not convinced that I Am Legend rips off 28 Days Later, or even it's sequel. The story is far more simple in I Am Legend, while 28 Days Later has the antagonist walking the streets of London not knowing what's going on before meeting his friends, as opposed to being aware of things and dealing with it. There's the army story which actually doesn't have any similarity to I Am Legend at all. If you compare the two movies, there isn't much similarity to the whole thing at all.

Vantage Point

I'm watching a lot of brainless stuff recently. Not that I care. It's usually some good fun. The original big explosion is good, but it loses it's charm on the third viewing. Lots of little twists and turns, as usual with a movie which is played out in such a way. You can tell that 24 has a lot of influence on this movie.

6/10

My point about IAL being a rip-off of 28 Days stands as the infected are exactly the same, whereas in TOM they are humans with the fucking plague but with funny eyes, who have complete control of their motor functions and thoughts (save for the sensitivity to light).

EDIT: To Stuart and Ruggy

I don't know what''s funnier. When you make an arse of yersel, or when you try and explain your way out of it. :lol::lol:

Funny eyes :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The whole radio thing, the style of the infected, the selfishness of the characters are the similarities with 28 Days.

I've stuck The Last Man on Earth on Lovefilm and eMule to see the comparison.

But as you have confirmed, and as I was alluding to, there really is no likeness the setting aside, between I Am Legend and The Omega Man - so why they have called it a "remake" I don't know!

I don't know what''s funnier. When you make an arse of yersel, or when you try and explain your way out of it. :lol::lol:

Funny eyes :lol::lol::lol::lol:

When did I make an arse of myself? It has direct takes from 28 Days Later, so my original point stands. Whether it is a remake of another film is an irrelevance, as I hadn't seen that film.

They were funny eyes. Funny means strange, or suspiciously odd.

The Omega Man (1971)

Good, but the plague people were too much like the evil midgets out of Phantasm at the start, so I couldn't take it seriously afterwards.

7/10

Edited by SaltyTON

The Shepherd - Border Patrol

A movie that knows it's stupidity. It's a new Jean Claude Van Damme movie. It's the usual Van Damme with added rabbit. Everything from the music to the dialogue makes it very clear that the whole thing is good fun, and Van Damme's acting suits it. Just a lot of good fun basically.

7/10

Got the Indiana Jones DVD box set recently, as I still shamefully haven't seen the 2nd or 3rd films in the series, and wanted to rectify this before going to see the latest one.

Started at the beginning then...

Raiders of the Lost Ark - A true classic of popcorn film-making. Ridiculously over the top storyline, but terrific action sequences, and great acting by Ford who plays the part perfectly. One of the best action-adventure films ever made, IMO.

Why did it have to be snakes?

9/10.