What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

City of God

Finally got round to watching this afetr having my mates copy sitting in my DVD shelf for about 6 months. Fucking hell what a movie! The camera work is brilliant and the characters are all utterly convincing (I believe it's based on a true story).

10/10

Space Chimps

Sounded great, monkeys in orbit and all that, but it fails to deliver. There's been quite a few animated movies out recently which have fallen below the usual high standard of cartoon films Bee Movie was terrible, for example, and this one is no better.

It's only funny in two or three brief moments (which, for a chimp movie, is unforgivable) the plot is shocking and the animation is pretty poor, especially in comparison to Pixar's latest stuff. The 'aliens' are shit - I've seen better aniamation on Kids' TV shows.

Very disappointing.

3/10

I saw The Dark Knight the other day and I thought it was tremendous.

I was worried all the hype about Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker before the film's release was all down to the fact that he's dead. However I was delightfully surprised and he was the best thing in it by a mile. A posthumous Oscar? Hmmmm

I also love what they done with Two-Face. Absolutely superb!

It's a cracking watch and carries on where the excellent Batman Begins finished

It Waits (2005)

Strange. A ranger working up near a dam gets attacked by "It" which feeds off people's negative energy or some shit, I honestly have forgotten what the anthropologist that looked like Ian McCall said and it just finished!

Anyways it was going on to be passable, with a talking parrot helping to save Cerina Vincent (Cabin Fever), then it goes and loses its passibility by having the parrot randomly fly in her house window at the end, days later, and have her say "game, set and match" after killing the monster. When the f**k were they playing tennis??? That and McCall said that the fucking thing couldn't be killed! <_<

4/10

Die Hard 4.0.

Totally unbelievable, as are all of them, but good fun nonetheless.

6/10

Hostel Part II

Worryingly believable, that it could happen! :unsure:

Gory, but pretty boring, and not as much shagging as the first one, which loses marks.

Strange to see a baddie from 24 in it! :lol:

5/10

Hancock 8/10

I know this film was flamed in certain circles but I actually was gripped by this with a well placed swerve. Would firmly reccommend this to anyone. Available online at ninjavideo.net too so anyone can watch this one.

Puppet Master vs Demonic Toys (2004) (TV)

The third in the Demonic Toys series, but I've not seen the first two and it didn't really seem to matter. Was pretty fun, and certainly worthy of a pass mark.

The quote on the front of the box was certainly not the most accurate ever though!

"Monsters, In-your-face gore and breast-focused nudity" says www.roberthood.net

There was no gore or nudity, so at least he got 1/3 correct! :lol:

5/10

Deja Vu 6.5/10

Starts very mumble jumble but soon starts to iron out the various creases in the plot and becomes much more focussed. Good performance as per usual from Denzel.

Well done for being the first person not to post the highly amusing "I think I may have seen this before" gag

CLOVERFIELD

Very clever with the hand held camera and singular view point but felt let down with the ending. Some good scenes, liked the helicopter getting attacked and some humour from the guy behind the camera.

6/10

Going to watch Die Hard 4 later. A bit apprehensive as I've heard about the OTT action scenes.

Watched the original the other night and it's still a great film 9/10

I watched it the other night. It's ok, a solid 7.5/10. Probably the 2nd best in the series tbh.