What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Godzilla (1998)

Plot hole...ole...le...e....

Not just one, but many, but Jean Reno made this film. Surprised they didn't make the sequel in English as well, but exploiting plotholes makes for very bad sequels!

Terrible for the plot issues, and for Broderick, but Reno and even Azaria helped to make this a fun 2+ hours!

7/10

Lake Placid (1999)

As a horror it wasn't great, but it was pretty damn funny!

Oliver Platt puts in a great comedy performance in a good double act with Brendan Gleeson.

7/10

Doubt ( 2008 )

Meryl Streep's character in this movie is infuriating, and that just goes to show how amazing she is here. Everyone is fabulous though. One of the most well acted movies in yonks. The performances and diologue carried this movie. The story is gripping stuff too and asks a lot of moral questions of the viewer. The highlight is the unspectacular and fabulous ending. This is well worth a look, and one of the best movies of 2008.

9/10

Fight Club (1999)

I must have seen this tedious dual personality storyline a few dozen times, but Pitt and Norton manage it a lot better than any of the others!

The Pixies at the end was just perfect music for the ending!

9/10

Son of Rambow ( 2007 )

Another deserving high score, but for very different reasons from what I gave for Doubt. I don't think you can expect Oscar nominated acting from any of the young cast here, nor can you love the amazing special effects. What you CAN do is sit back and just be taken away by how cool this movie is. How funny and sometimes touching it can be too. There is many ridiculous aspects to this, but they only make things better. My second 9/10 movie in as many nights, and well deserved.

9/10

"Away Days"

A rather disturbing litte tale of yester-year (1970's), containing much violence but, also strange relationships, drugs and sex in the order. We had no idea what we were about to see just decided to catch a film after an excellent 'Ruby Murray' in Bargeddie and saw 'Away Days' and thoughts = football fan happy days ... how wrong were we :rolleyes:

Held my attention, worth going to see but, it is on the heavy side.

Dahmer - 4/10

Started well, but fell away. A shame, because the guy who played Jeffrey Dahmer was excellent. Sadly the plot didn't give him much to do. Considering it was made after his death, the ending was a massive anti-climax. A couple of good set-pieces though, especially his first murder and when his dad nearly found a decapitated head in his cupboard. Probably worth a look if you're into that sort of thing, but don't get your hopes up.

Max Payne ( 2008 )

Well, they gave this as good a bash as they could give it. Lets face it, the story to the game was absolutely diabolical, so a movie of the game was never going to be much better. I give them points for effort for trying to do some cool stuff with the FX, but at the same time, it felt like they couldn't make their mind up between realism and computer FX. Poor movie, but better than it should have been.

4/10

'Shrooms - 3/10

Good enough idea but shold have been so much better. Poor acting, terrible plot and the only saving grace was the trippy feel to the camera work. I wouldnt' recommend it until mushroom season. At least if you were on them yourself you wouldn't notice how bad the movie is.

Edited by Suspect Device