What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The plot isn't different in the slightest, but the way it's made is, and that makes a world of difference. For a start, the remake is far too glossy, and that takes away the absolute hell on earth that [REC] managed to create.

I didn't think there was much wrong with the remake, but it just didn't have the same impact. The original was frightening. This wasn't.

Nice one. I saw [REC] was in HMV so might be worth investing in

Anyone seen the strangers http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0482606/

Going to watch it tonight

Yes. It wasnt too scary but a couple of 'jump' moments. Worth a watch but it was overhyped

I really liked it. I saw it in the pictures which i think added to it, more so than on DVD.

There's a scene with a window, which although i knew was coming, i thought i was gonna pass out my heart was beating that fast.

8/10

EDIT: There's a really good thread on that link, about people knocking on your door in the middle of the night.

Worth a read. Possible P&B thread.

Edited by Gall09

Revolutionary Road ( 2008 )

This was a really good movie, although a bit shouty at times. The scenes with the lunatic were usually the best and had some real moments of cynicism and it felt fairly sinister at times. You knew when the good times were being had that it was all going to go tits up in the end.

7/10

Terminator Salvation

Oh dear.

Appalling dialogue, appalling acting (yes Christian Bale, i'm looking at you), appalling plot.

On the plus side the SFX are excellent and when things are blowing up and people aren't growling at each other it's quite good.

The last 20 mins are laughably bad, seriously pants on head retarded. And the ending is fucking awful.

The bit where they've superimposed young Arnies head on someone elses body is seamless. It almost makes the movie worthwhile.

4/10 (for shit blowing up and the above spoiler)

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Bundy: An American Icon - 6/10

Quite an interesting look into the psyche of the serial killer and the torment that he went through in his own head. After reading a book about him I realise that the film has glossed over a lot of his more disgusting side but it does stick roughly to the facts known. Well worth a watch anyway.

Terminator Salvation

Oh dear.

Appalling dialogue, appalling acting (yes Christian Bale, i'm looking at you), appalling plot.

On the plus side the SFX are excellent and when things are blowing up and people aren't growling at each other it's quite good.

The last 20 mins are laughably bad, seriously pants on head retarded. And the ending is fucking awful.

The bit where they've superimposed young Arnies head on someone elses body is seamless. It almost makes the movie worthwhile.

4/10 (for shit blowing up and the above spoiler)

He is a shit actor isn't he? Wonky accent and wooden.

Having missed it at the flicks, I bought Slumdog when it came out on DVD at the start of the week. You are always wary when a film has been built up that much and if it hadn't been and was some little known film, I'd probably be raving about it. Thought it was really good though.

An eight or nine, I think.

The Whistle Blower (1987)

Thought I would watch this as it had been sitting on my DVD shelf for months, not looking particularly appealing but with Caine in it I thought I may as well watch it as it can't be that bad...

I was wrong, was mindnumbingly boring, I couldn't care less about any of the characters and Caine is unbelievably wooden in it.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

4/10

Caught a preview of Looking For Eric last night followed by a satellite Q&A with Ken Loach, Eric Cantona etc.

Fairly enjoyable and football fans will find a great deal of amusement in Cantona's performance and enjoy some of the many clips of him scoring goals. Quite a few laugh out loud moments.

7/10

Star Trek

Went to the pictures with the missus on Orange Wednesday. We'd planned to see Nigth At The Museum 2 (don't knwo why) but foolishly I let my missus organise it and check the times. We got there and discovered that NATM2 had started about an hour earlier. So, it was Terminator or Star Trek. I'd heard Terminator was awful (as above) so we plumped for Star Trek. For some reason, despite never having actualy watched the TV series, I hate Star Trek. However, this film, a big showy blockbuster, was actually really enjoyable. Found Simon Pegg as Scotty quite amusing. I'm tempted to give it a ( but it's not quite there. Easy watching, enjoyable movie. 8/10

Watched [REC] and i thought it was pretty good. Would have been better if i hadnt just seen Quarantine but it was a much more realistic film. You did get a much greater sense of the fear of everyone. It was miles better than all of the pish horror films that are made in this country and the states.

9/10

On to The Orphanage now...