What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Forgot to say, I watched Bottle Shock on the plane to Sydney last year, and for a small indy film, I thought it was quite good - 7.5/10.

Film with pretty big name cast for an indy...

Bill Pullman, Alan Rickman, Freddy Rodriguez (the hispanic morgue guy in 6 feet under) & up and comer Aussie Rachael Taylor (from Transformers & See No Evil).

Didn't do so well in the States though.

The X-Files - I Want to Believe ( 2008 )

This is nowhere near the quality of the first movie. For a start, the first movie managed to keep things interesting. This one has sections of about 10 minutes at a time where I could not give a f**k what was going on. The main point of interest here was the character of the psychic priest and exactly where it was going. Of course, in the end, it didn't exactly go anywhere. The main plot didn't make me care, neither did any other of the sub-plots. There was so much crap in this movie that I can't rate the movie well. Points for one sub-plot. A lot of crap elsewhere.

2/10

One of two films I have ever fallen asleep during. The other being the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

It's like the Simpsons movie - a below average episode spread out to an hour and a half, with the same amount of action.

Like I said in my earlier post, i'm yet to see Terminator. He may very well be 'appalling', 'shit', and 'horrible' in that film. But to class him as a bad actor in general is simply wrong.
Dark Knight, 3:10 to Yuma, the Prestige, Batman Begins, American Psycho are all very good performances, with only the Prestige IMO being average out the lot.

He was also great in Rescue Dawn. A movie that I thoroughly enjoyed. :)

Hes definitely not a bad actor.

Edited by MattBairn

Righteous Kill ( 2008 )

Not good enough I'm afraid. Plot holes galore right from the off, and I'm sick of seeing movies and TV shows that have dramatic moments that don't make sense, just for the sake of having them. I'm also sick of twists that you can see coming a mile off.

2/10

Drag Me To Hell

Enjoyable enough with some real big laughs. Glad Sam Raimi is making horror films again.The scene with the cat was great. I hate cats <_<

Only downside had nothing to do with the film but with the cinema I watched it in. Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves here I come........

7/10

...or the bit where the old woman sucked her face :barf

Doomsday

What a bizarre film. Started out quite promising but just got worse and worse. Seemed like 3 films merged into one. Pretty pish.

2/10

It's awe-inspiringly shite.

Finally got around to watching Chopper after it being recommended to me for years. While it's an interestingly made film film, I found I couldn't enjoy it because I kept dwelling on similar maniacs (without guns) that I've had the displeasure of being in the company of. It eliminated the appeal of the black humour for me.

5/10

I think there have been about three films I have turned off in disgust and last night was one of them.

Kenny - A story about a guy who cleans bogs for a living. Absolute shite. 1/10

Good. :)

Guest simpleviolet

Taken Extended version on BD.

Kind of a mixed reaction, way too long in setup (yea, we get it, he loves his daughter, get on with it...), some unnecessary political corruption crap thrown in, but the actual tracking down of the bad guys and getting his daughter back were quite good. Most of the fight scenes were as good as Bond or Bourne.

I've read some reviews about how the bad guys didn't get character development, come on, these are not supervillains trying to take over the world, they're sex slave traffickers, perfect fodder for just wiping them all out.

Watched The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas the other night. Was really good. Story about a WWII concentration camp. Shows the story from the persepcetive of a Nazi soldier's son and wife. Good ending too.

Airplane II: The Sequel (1982)

Not in the same league as the first one, and without Leslie Nielsen, Sonny Bono didn't get killed in a painful way and there's only so much schtick you can take!

Stilll watchable though, and is funny in parts if entirely predictable.

6/10

Body of Lies.

Surprisingly very good action packed movie without going into overkill.

With Leonardo Decaprio and Russel Crowe it's a good movie from start to end.

7/10

Angels & Demons

Not quite as good as The Da vinci Code but still worth the effort.

5/10

Life of Brian ( 1979 )

This has aged not very well at all. It's not without it's moments of course, but it is in generally a very old looking movie. The good moments probably outweigh the bad though. The stoning is hilarious.

6/10