What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Having been on study leave and all my exams finished the only thing I've done tha last couple of days is watch DVDs.

Earlier I watched a film called shooter, it was really good. 9/10

Terminator Salvation;

Better than the third but that wouldn't be hard. Bale is a horrible actor but Sam Worthington who played Markus was much better and should have been given Conner's role. Some good visual effects, especially the T-800's, but the storyline itself was weak.

5/10

Man Dancin 5/10

Scottish gangster drama about a bloke (trevor from eastenders) who gets released from prison and wants to go straight but his old gangster pals give him a bit of grief about it.

Watched two movies late last night.

Alien ( 1979 )

The slow build takes away a point from this. There seems to be too much downtime and when you take into consideration the running time, it should not have been as long as it was. When it heads into the second half, you can't help but love the insanity of it all, with some moments that STILL get the pulses racing and the heart jumping. Still as great as the last time I watched it.

9/10

Bolt ( 2008 )

The first 20 minutes seems to tease, much like Wall-E did, an absolute classic of an animated movie, but then they threw it away. Bolt became a pretty average character and the movie took an unreal downturn. It's only when Bolt

realises that he isn't a real super-dog

that things really take a step up and when that happens, you don't look back. Hilarious, touching and just generally good fun, this is another belting recent animated comedy.

9/10

Had a good night last night !

Awake (2007)

Thriller with Hayden Christensen about a billionnaire who suffers 'anesthetic awareness' whilst having a heart transplant and overhears his surgeons plot to kill him, blah blah

Plot holes aplenty, muchos silliness, awful characterization, and some terrible acting. Oh, and it's very dull too.

Jessica Alba's in it though, so two extra marks straight away. And although underused, watching Shooter McGavin from the Happy Gilmore film is always fun.

4/10.

Plot holes aplenty, muchos silliness, awful characterization, and some terrible acting. Oh, and it's very dull too.

Jessica Alba's in it though, so two extra marks straight away. And although underused, watching Shooter McGavin from the Happy Gilmore film is always fun.

A lot of that sums it up perfectly the silliness and plot holes are unreal.

Then you sum it up even better in the second part. I couldn't help but think "heh" when Shooter showed his face. Jessica Alba was actually pretty good in it. One of the two good performances in it. The other coming from the usually solid Terence Howard, who can always be relied on.

Whats with all the Bale hate? Granted, I am yet to see Terminator Salvation but Christian Bale has always been a great actor IMO. Outstanding in films like Equilibrium, The Machinist and American Psycho (a role which should have won him the Best Actor Oscar). Was also pretty good as Batman I thought.

I was going to say the same thing. Christian Bale is one of the best out there, however terrible he may be in T4 - and Kermode gave that movie a verbal kicking. It's something to Bale's credit that I didn't realise he was from the UK until fairly recently. Everyone's allowed to make a crap movie now and again - christ, Steve Buscemi makes about three Michael Bay movies for every Trees Lounge.

Edited to use a better example.

Edited by Jim Pansy

South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut

Ended up watching last night out of Boredum, and you realise how childish the movie actually is. Canadians being depicted as fart-joke lovers, and Saddam being satans Bumboy?

Good storyline, But the fart-jokes and sexual references become tedious after a while.

7/10

I'd like to think that people aren't stupid enough to equate being a fanny with being a bad actor.

Christian Bale has had more than one hissy fit in the past. That doesn't mean he isn't a good actor though. His performance as Patrick Bateman is still one of my favourite performances ever.

Yes, that incident does portray him in a bad light. It seems that the guy he was ranting at had interrupted scenes before and this was the final straw. You never had a go at someone who kept pissing you off? Having said that however, that rant was over the top. Bale is probably a fanny. Most actors would be I think. Still a fine actor though.

I have done in the past but I didn't feel the need to put on a stupid american accent. I'd have bitchslapped Bale if he shouted at me like <_<

The vast majority of Bale's performances have been very good though, even when the movies have, at times, been pretty bad. He may well have had an off day ( well more than one day but you know what I mean ) with this movie. I'll see for myself sometime in the future.

lakeview terrace 6/10 strange film

Strange ? I thought the whole thing was rather straight forward.

The X-Files - I Want to Believe ( 2008 )

This is nowhere near the quality of the first movie. For a start, the first movie managed to keep things interesting. This one has sections of about 10 minutes at a time where I could not give a f**k what was going on. The main point of interest here was the character of the psychic priest and exactly where it was going. Of course, in the end, it didn't exactly go anywhere. The main plot didn't make me care, neither did any other of the sub-plots. There was so much crap in this movie that I can't rate the movie well. Points for one sub-plot. A lot of crap elsewhere.

2/10

Angels and Demons - 7/10, better than the da vinci code. It's a popcorn film, something to not think too hard about.

Forgot to say, I watched Bottle Shock on the plane to Sydney last year, and for a small indy film, I thought it was quite good - 7.5/10.

Whats with all the Bale hate? Granted, I am yet to see Terminator Salvation but Christian Bale has always been a great actor IMO. Outstanding in films like Equilibrium, The Machinist and American Psycho (a role which should have won him the Best Actor Oscar). Was also pretty good as Batman I thought.

I generally like Christian Bale, but his performance in this is really, really bad. He seems to have decided that that gruff voice equates to being a bad ass. In reality it just makes him sound like a tit. The script doesn't help him at all, some of the lines he has to deliver are real clunkers.

When an actor is presented with a rotten script, they should always take a page from the Harrison Ford school of acting when he was on Star Wars. Tell the director that "you can't say this shit..." and then improvise :lol:

Dark Knight, 3:10 to Yuma, the Prestige, Batman Begins, American Psycho are all very good performances, with only the Prestige IMO being average out the lot.

T5 is in pre-production... <_<