What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Yeah, it's called "The First Avenger" so it better be an origins film. As long as it's not like Wolverine's and riddled with errors then I'll be fine. I'd imagine they will make Red Skull an uber nazi. 500x_redskullredneringbig.jpg

I can see Chris Evans being up staged here.

He looks like a rather jolly old Nazi.

:lol:

Whit?!

I just went through how it is left open for you to think what you want and that it's not straightforward.

I'm lost man. This is getting more complicated than the film laugh.gif All I know is that I agree with you that the ending leaves it open for you to think what you want.

Another rumour I've just read is that Holiday Killer will be the villain and Calendar Man will be played by Tom Hardy.

Speaking of Tom Hardy, he's starring in the début Hollywood film directed by the man that made the wonderful Let the Right One In (2008)

Absolutely brilliant pre-teen angst Fantasy (not the best horror of the year as the box called it), which was basically what Twilight tried to be... but didn't manage it to this extent. Don't get me wrong the first Twilight was very good (the second was horrific though), but this took it to a new plane.

It's in Swedish but don't let that put you off as it's of the same (if not better) standard as the Stieg Larsson trilogy.

Given this was her first ever acting role, Lina Leandersson was brilliant. She will almost certainly be a star in Hollywood, if she wants to be.

9/10

Edited by SaltyTON

Speaking of Tom Hardy, he's starring in the début Hollywood film directed by the man that made the wonderful Let the Right One In (2008)

Absolutely brilliant pre-teen angst Fantasy (not the best horror of the year as the box called it), which was basically what Twilight tried to be... but didn't manage it to this extent. Don't get me wrong the first Twilight was very good (the second was horrific though), but this took it to a new plane.

It's in Swedish but don't let that put you off as it's of the same (if not better) standard as the Stieg Larsson trilogy.

Given this was her first ever acting role, Lina Leandersson was brilliant. She will almost certainly be a star in Hollywood, if she wants to be.

9/10

I watched this last week, it's brilliant.

The last scene is superb.

the millenium trilogy (girl with the dragon tattoo, girl who played with fire and the girl who kicked the hornets nest. last 2 with subs)

8/10 for all three. was left punching the air at somepoints and at other points barely able to watch.

brutal scence and clever camera touches.

You truly believe Christopher Nolan will be able to resist The Riddler? laugh.gif his imagination will be going into a mental overdrive thinking up ideas for him my friend. Remember he is probably the most popular villian, even ahead of The Joker. Bullock and the Black Mask, once again, have been touted as not being similar to their comic book persona's with Nolan adapting them to fit the film

Mad Hatter would be more up Nolan's street. The Riddler in the previous "Batman" film had more elements of the Mad Hatter about him than the actual Riddler (ie - mind control).

Well I know that Nolan said no to Riddler, there was a rumour going about that the bank manager at the start that was gassed:

600px-TDK_3019.jpg

was called E. Nigma(there would've been a name plate on his desk) Edward Nigma was the Riddler.

Also the guy that was going to expose Bruce Wayne's identity on the news was Coleman Reese or Mr. Reeses(mysteries) Another Edward Nigma-esq name. Although pretty much every DC characters name is connected to a word

The Naked Gun

I have never watched this all the way through so I thought I would give it a watch today. It is one of the best comedy films I have ever seen. Leslie Nielsen's delivery of every line is superb and although the puns are quite obvious, they consistently bring out a laugh every time. I'll give it an 8/10. Which is quite high-scoring for a comedy film in my book.

I'm lost man. This is getting more complicated than the film laugh.gif All I know is that I agree with you that the ending leaves it open for you to think what you want.

It doesn't really. You were told during the film what the symbol in the closing shot meant.

Friday Night Lights - 7/10

Set in a small Texan town, and "based on a true story", this is basically about the pressures faced by the students who play for the High School American Football team, and their quest to win the State Championship.

Was also pleasantly surprised by the ending.

The Killing Room - 6/10

Interesting idea, but could have been done so much better.

It doesn't really. You were told during the film what the symbol in the closing shot meant.

I agree to expand:

He sees his kids faces(something that couldn't happen in the dream world because it wasn't a memory.) And the spinning thing (dradle?) started to wobble right at the end, something that also couldn't happen in the dream world.

Did you think it was ambiguous whether he was still in the dream world or not?

Not long back from seeing 127 Hours. Quite how you would think they'd get a film out of a guy getting his arm stuck in a rock and being trapped for 5 days was a mystery to me, but I was so bored today that I went along to the Vue and saw it.

And very good it was too! They stretch out the story well, and although grisly, the ending is rather uplifting.

Perhaps obvious and maybe well known to many, but he cuts his arm off with a blunt penknife in order to escape.

8/10

Edited by DA Baracus

I agree to expand:

He sees his kids faces(something that couldn't happen in the dream world because it wasn't a memory.) And the spinning thing (dradle?) started to wobble right at the end, something that also couldn't happen in the dream world.

Did you think it was ambiguous whether he was still in the dream world or not?

However if I play devil's advocate for a moment.

Yes but isn't the totem Mal's? Therefore if it falls it would be her reality and potentially still Cobb's dream as we don't see the totem belonging to him at all in the film. Just a thought and not one I necessarily agree with.

However if I play devil's advocate for a moment.

Yes but isn't the totem Mal's? Therefore if it falls it would be her reality and potentially still Cobb's dream as we don't see the totem belonging to him at all in the film. Just a thought and not one I necessarily agree with.

Yes, it's Mal's totem and as he explains earlier in the film, in her dreams it never falls. It doesn't fall at the end, which suggests either that he took over her totem when she died or that he's in her dream. BUT at other points in the film, the totem does fall, which would point to it now being his totem that he took on when she died because if the whole thing was her dream, it wouldn't have fallen.

Never do you see the faces of his children in the film, and I can't be 100% about it, but I don't think we see him looking at their faces either.

Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that the whole film is Cobb's dream.