What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Talking of Christian Bale, I've just watched The Machinist for the first time. I've wanted to see it for ages. Holy shit, he puts in an amazing performance. Method acting to put De Niro to shame. It's actually quite unsettling to watch him in it.

Really good creepy film with an excellent ending. The guy who directed it, Brad Anderson, is good at making very understated, disturbing films. Anyone seen Session 9 with Peter Mullen?

INCEPTION

In my opinion it was just a typical Christopher Nolan film. I thought it was really enjoyable like all his movies but prior to watching it I had heard that this one in particular was complicated and really clever. I didn't find it to be this at all. It appeared to me to be a pretty straight forward storyline before throwing in a slight twist (if you can call it that) in the last five minutes. It's no more complicated than Memento. I can imagine there will be people watching it over and over again for clues and theories, which might make it a better/worse viewing if you do. But taking it at face value and not overthinking the story I found it be a really good film. Slightly dissapointed that it wasn't as brilliantly complicated as I had been told but maybe I wasn't looking hard enough.

8/10

Talking of Christian Bale, I've just watched The Machinist for the first time. I've wanted to see it for ages. Holy shit, he puts in an amazing performance. Method acting to put De Niro to shame. It's actually quite unsettling to watch him in it.

Really good creepy film with an excellent ending. The guy who directed it, Brad Anderson, is good at making very understated, disturbing films. Anyone seen Session 9 with Peter Mullen?

Christian Bale is probably one of the most adaptable actors in the world, and probably the best. I often hear stories about how much work he puts in to his characters so they are perfectly the way he wants them to be, for the entire filming he virtually turns into them. Wouldn't surprise if actually forced himself to stay awake throughout the filming of The Machinist just to get more realism

INCEPTION

In my opinion it was just a typical Christopher Nolan film. I thought it was really enjoyable like all his movies but prior to watching it I had heard that this one in particular was complicated and really clever. I didn't find it to be this at all. It appeared to me to be a pretty straight forward storyline before throwing in a slight twist (if you can call it that) in the last five minutes. It's no more complicated than Memento. I can imagine there will be people watching it over and over again for clues and theories, which might make it a better/worse viewing if you do. But taking it at face value and not overthinking the story I found it be a really good film. Slightly dissapointed that it wasn't as brilliantly complicated as I had been told but maybe I wasn't looking hard enough.

8/10

I didn't think it was complicated but it was a good to see it all come together in that wee spell, being in mid air and needing to create the gravity, visual effects were good as well.

wee trivia question, which two people were in both inception and the dark knight?

Edited by forehead7

INCEPTION

8/10

So what is going on then? If it's that straightforward.

I didn't think it was complicated but it was a good to see it all come together in that wee spell, being in mid air and needing to create the gravity, visual effects were good as well.

wee trivia question, which two people were in both inception and the dark knight?

Cillian Murphy, piss easy mate!

Just checked, can remember them both being in The Dark Knight, but remember nothing of Inception at all so couldn't have told you they were in it!

So what is going on then? If it's that straightforward.

Well taking it at face value like i said I did. They are trying to perform Inception for the Asian chap (Who incidentally was in Batman Begins too) by going in to Cillian Murphy's dreams so that he will liquidate his dad's company. That's basically what is happening for the majority of the film. They explain what they're going to do and they do it, albeit with some suspense as you would expect as it's a film. It's only the last five minutes or so that throws you off balance. Feel free to point out anything I've missed.

Also Michael Caine was the other actor from TDK. And Tom Hardy is apparently going to be the villain in the next Batman.

And Tom Hardy is apparently going to be the villain in the next Batman.

Who is he meant to play, I'm gonna say no though. It's neither of the Riddler or Dr Freeze. I heard that it was meant to Talia al Ghul(The daughter of Ra's al Ghul(Liam Neeson in Batman Begins)) or Catwoman.