What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011)

Michael Bay makes sure that this film does not tarnish his reputation in the way that The Rock and Bad Boys did. :)

As the wee robot said, which along with the part played by John Malkovich is about the only thing decent about this film, "uh oh, this is one hell of a clusterfuck" (or words to that effect).

3/10

The Rockville Slayer (2004)

A group of teens celebrating "homecoming" head out to Kellogg Point, well we know that that idea never seems to end up well...

This is a very strange film as it looks like a late 70s low budget horror, but obviously it was made only seven years ago!

The female lead, Nicole Buerrer, is in a comedy horror called Trippin' this year and it's sitting on 9.7 on IMDb (albeit after nine votes!)... really want to see that! :D

2/10

Cinderella man - The acting was great. The camera angles were great. I just can't stand movies which are based on real people totally lie about what is factually correct. It shows a great boxer in a terrible light and is untrue.

4 / 10 but had the potential to be a very good film

Devil's Harvest (2003)

Known in the UK as "Don't Go Into The Attic".

Basically we've got a couple who move into a house in hicksville, Devon owned by a rich woman who fancies the guy. Turns out she's the daughter of Dagan who is trying to bring them back to hell despite in mythology being a fertility god...

Even Brian Blessed's stereotypical ranting couldn't save this mess.

1/10

I just can't stand movies which are based on real people totally lie about what is factually correct.

Big movie in "using fiction" shocker.

Anyways...

Bridesmaids ( 2011 )

I've been to see a lot of movies this year, and nothing's really stood out to me. Plenty of decent stuff, but this is certainly worth the effort. As a chick flick hater, these movies usually bore me to tears and then knock me sick. This one will knock you sick for other reasons. Some belting casting all over the place here. Kinda marked out a little when I seen Chris O'Dowd. The ending is probably the point where you're reminded that you are watching a chick flick, but make no mistake, the rest is fucking brilliant.

9/10

The Maltese Falcon (1941)

Heard this film was a classic and it did not disappoint. It is essentially a number of conversation over the location of a item called the Maltese Falcon. The dialogue is extremely fast paced at times, especially when the main character Sam is talking. There is a lot of twist and turns in the plot and the acting is also superb.

9/10

Transformer 3: Dark of the moon

What a shite film. The 10 minutes are good but its just downhill from there. The first hour is utterly boring. Its hard to sympathize with Labeouf character. He as a stupidy hot girlfriend and yet he still moans and whine like a bitch. One this tedious shit about their personal life is over the action starts. But again it just goes on for too long. The fight sequences are good but just too long. Tbh, the whole assault on Chicago could have been a film in itself. But it was the end that sent me over the edge. I love how it took some blond bitch 15-30 seconds to convince the evil Megatron to ditch his masterplan.

3/10 just due to the good action sequences.

Where the wild things are? 2/10

Rubbish. One of the those movies when you think "this might pick up" but never really does. Pretentious nonsense, didn't help that I really didn't like the kid from the start.

The Hurt Locker 6.5/10

Would have probably scored higher if I wasn't knackered watching it. Was a bit disappointed in the ending, but it was fairly entertaining up to then.

Starkweather (2004)

Based on the true story of Nebraska spree killer Charles Starkweather and his 14 year old girlfriend Caril Ann Fugate (played by well endowed 24 year old Shannon Lucio...).

Starkweather has a "mentor" which he imagines talking to him and telling him to murder 11 people, played rather oddly by everyone's favourite non-child abusing Bishop, Lance Henriksen.

As films of this nature, and reasonably low budget for a feature film, go it's pretty good.

6/10

Devil (2010)

Shyamalan should do this more often, write the story, let someone else convert it into a screenplay and have f**k all to do with the direction. It worked well here, he wrote a very clever story.

The acting was a bit ropey at times, with the best known actor playing a fairly minor role in the film.

Definitely worth a watch, not really worth a second viewing but entertaining none-the-less. Certainly not what you would expect when you hear M Night's name mentioned in the opening credits.

7/10

Kill the Irishman

Fairly laughable film based on the life of Irish-American gangsta Danny Greene. This story of how he took on the Cleveland mob in the 1970s would have been a story worth telling. However, the just plain wrong casting of Ray Stevenson with a comedy haircut as Greene, tiresome Irish mythology and cliched gangster film schtick make one piss poor film. I laughed out loud about 4 times when i wasn't supposed to. Christopher Walken and Vincent D'Onofrio must be fairly desparate (or just lazy) to take parts in this kind of fare.

1/10

Cinderella man - The acting was great. The camera angles were great. I just can't stand movies which are based on real people totally lie about what is factually correct. It shows a great boxer in a terrible light and is untrue.

4 / 10 but had the potential to be a very good film

I presume you're referring to Max Baer? If so, the depiction of him was no different than what he was depicted as at the time. Other than that very small detail, fantastic film.

8/10.

Good Will Hunting 10/10

I'll probably get laughed at for only just seeing this film as it is a bona fide classic. Simple story, Demented genius meets similar who helps him to get on the straight and narrow. Matt Damon and Robin Williams are both brilliant in it and cant reccomend it highly enough.

Am i the last person in the world to see it :unsure:

TRANSFORMERS 3

Just like the second one, this is rubbish. There is barely any decent fights between the robots, it goes on far too long, the ending is shite and the autobots get their arse kicked but still manage to win.

I'm the reverse of the poster above I enjoyed the first hour or so its sets the story above for what should be a decent, action packed finale but instead the whole of the last hour is based in Chicago and is basically an hour of the humans falling through buildings while Optimus wastes 20 mins trying to put a jetpack on then proceeds to get tangled up in some wiring like a fish about 2 mins after putting on said jetpack. You dont see him again till the last few mins of the film as one of the other autobots has got to go and cut him down why none of the decepticons had the brains to blow him to pieces while he was dangling about in the wires I have no idea. The rest of the autobots barely feature in the last hour and the ending is a joke.

4/10

Never seen it. I like to avoid Robin Williams' films as much as possible, he just has a face I want to punch repeatedly!

I have avoided Dead Poets Society, Toys, The Birdcage, Deconstructing Harry and Good Will Hunting mainly because of his involvement. These films may or may not be good, but they are probably his best known films that I haven't seen.

I saw Bicentennial Man, I am still irritated by that. <_<

Good Will Hunting 10/10

I'll probably get laughed at for only just seeing this film as it is a bona fide classic. Simple story, Demented genius meets similar who helps him to get on the straight and narrow. Matt Damon and Robin Williams are both brilliant in it and cant reccomend it highly enough.

Don't worry, I hadn't seen it either. It was excellent, even Robin Williams was good!

Never seen it. I like to avoid Robin Williams' films as much as possible, he just has a face I want to punch repeatedly!

I have avoided Dead Poets Society, Toys, The Birdcage, Deconstructing Harry and Good Will Hunting mainly because of his involvement. These films may or may not be good, but they are probably his best known films that I haven't seen.

I saw Bicentennial Man, I am still irritated by that. dry.gif

Dude, u gotta watch patch adams!

watched mammuth last night. It was excellent. gerrard really is a phenomenal actor, the very best. I dont think i could name another famous actor like him that would go and do something so wierd. It was like some people were gonna make a low budget film and phoned him for a laugh but then coudnt believe there luck when he accepted. I thouroughly reccomend it

9/10

Just back from a holiday in America which meant watching films on the planes. Here we go -

Paul - 6/10. Laughed at some bits but it wasn't brilliant. Still enough to keep me amused and entertained I guess.

Adjustment Bureau - 8.5/10. Loved it - I am a huge Matt Damon fan and he is great in this flick. Felt it ended pretty quickly but was well worth the watch

The Fighter - 9/10. Bale plays his character perfectly in this. Another film I really enjoyed!

Little Fockers - 4/10. Meh. Some bits I chuckled at and the rest just kept me awake

Cedar Rapids - 7/10. Not a laugh out loud comedy but quite enjoyed the storyline and some of the one-liners in it were good.

The Dilemma - 6/10. Typical Vince Vaughan affair - funny in some parts but dull in others.

The Green Hornet - 6/10. Not a big Seth Rogen fan but the other actors in it were good and anything with Cameron Diaz in it gets a plus point from me.

Unknown - 9/10. Probably not the best film to watch last as I was half asleep but this film was golden. Loved it from start to finish and will be watching it again soon!

The only other film to affect me like that was 'Irreversible'. What an uncomfortable watch that was.

I've been trying to get a hold of that for ages. Amazon have it but are wanting something like 60 quid.

Just had a look. £16.99.

I was going to buy it from Zavvi (or whatever that shop on the corner of Buchanan Street/Sauchiehall street is/was). It was going for a tenner in the foreign cinema section. I decided against it, as I don't actually think I want to watch it again, so buying it would have been a waste of money. I'm glad I watched it, and I can tick it off the list, but it was hard going and like I said earlier, it stayed with me for days.

One of the most challenging films I have seen.

Must've updated it. Cheers.

Your description is a bit like how i was with 'The War Zone'. Bought it before i had watched it. A powerful film, but very hard to watch. Have still only watched it the once.