What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Does the guy w**k off with sand paper?

He apparently does using sand paper and barbed wire. I saw the UK version, so have no idea what really is shown. All that happens after the BBFC made cuts to remove the ban was that he he rips up squares of sandpaper, then smiles disturbingly and some girl looks through the window and laughs at him.

Edited by SaltyTON

Final Destination 5 (2011)

Yeah, I know, it's the same stuff over again. But this time it's fun and it's done in the way that "The Final Destination" should have been done.

The deaths are gory, but funny at the same time and of course the recall of the legend Tony Todd as a coroner brings the whole thing full circle.

The montage of all the deaths from the four preceding films at the end before the credits was a nice touch as well.

7/10

Red - 1/10

I obviously wasn't expecting anything intelligent here and had my brain completely switched off, expecting your usual ridiculous over-the-top action film that provides some laughs, but nothing could save this shit. Terrible dialogue, atrocious acting despite the cast. I love Brian Cox, but he's absolutely unbearable here. Malkovich very occasionally managed to be close to remotely amusing, but mostly it was just total shite from all of them. Mary-Louise Parker is just awful. Awful.

I recently read that Johnny Depp regards Withnail & I as the only perfect film ever made. So I re-watched it. He's not far wrong. I had forgotten how Gonzo the whole thing is, even down to the Ralph Steadman artwork. Two struggling actors go on holiday by mistake. Hilarious consequences ensue. And one of the most unexpected endings in cinema too. 10/10

I recently read that Johnny Depp regards Withnail & I as the only perfect film ever made. So I re-watched it. He's not far wrong. I had forgotten how Gonzo the whole thing is, even down to the Ralph Steadman artwork. Two struggling actors go on holiday by mistake. Hilarious consequences ensue. And one of the most unexpected endings in cinema too. 10/10

Giving Withnail and I 10/10 and clearly being a Hunter S Thompson fan, you get a greenie! biggrin.gif

The Artist 10/10

Its not released here until January but last night I was lucky enough to be at a preview screening of The Artist - a silent movie tribute to the end of the silent movie era. Gobsmackingly brilliant doesnt even begin to describe how fantastic this film was, and just when you think it cant get any better Malcolm McDowell turns up.

You'll laugh, you'll cry and the scene where he puts the glass down on his dressing room table will chill you to the bone.

I doubt I'll see a better film in 2012.

SEE IT! SEE IT! SEE IT!

Insidious (2010).

Patently obvious that it was a Leigh Whannel and James Wan film, just the right amount of fear within the characters and of course a puppet!

Wan and Whannel show once again that you don't need a big budget to make a really successful, and entertaining horror film.

7/10 - not as high as it could have been without child actors.

The Artist 10/10

Its not released here until January but last night I was lucky enough to be at a preview screening of The Artist - a silent movie tribute to the end of the silent movie era. Gobsmackingly brilliant doesnt even begin to describe how fantastic this film was, and just when you think it cant get any better Malcolm McDowell turns up.

You'll laugh, you'll cry and the scene where he puts the glass down on his dressing room table will chill you to the bone.

I doubt I'll see a better film in 2012.

SEE IT! SEE IT! SEE IT!

Interesting. I saw a trailer for this before Moneyball and wasn't impressed. Maybe because the trailer lasted about 15 minutes. Mate also thought it looked shite. But then watched a BBC piece saying it was brilliant abd tipped for Oscars. Now caught in two minds. Can I overcome my 'that looks pish' reaction to the trailer and pay out to go see it?

So......tell us about the film

I did, that's what I thought of it. Anyone who has seen Saw would know what I meant by "Patently obvious that it was a Leigh Whannel and James Wan film, just the right amount of fear within the characters and of course a puppet!".

I'd say 80+% of the posts on this thread don't tell you anything, so why pick mine out?

Saying anything real about the film tells you things that are not revealed until later on in the story.

All you could really say that wasn't a spoiler as to why events happen would be that "a small boy falls into a coma-like state for unexplained reasons, then things happen to cause his parents further anguish".

Does that really add anything that made your bitchy post worthwhile?

What if some of us aren't sad enough to know every director and all their work? You could mention the acting, the cinematography, the plot strength, casting, effects etc etc. you've given it a 7 out of 10 and some nonsense about two directors. You don't have to explain the entire plot to us, it would just be nice to actually read a review from you about the film, not some arbitrary IMBD pish.

Aside from going on to mark my score for it, I didn't look at IMDb. :blink: It's obviously low budget, and I know the directors as Saw is one of my favourite horror films.

It all takes place in a wee house, that makes cinematography fairly irrelevant. The plot worked, anything more would be a spoiler. "Really successful, and entertaining horror film" covers the rest, it's not shite.

How's about you let your obsession with me go, and I'll put you back on ignore.

Given that in the last page your comment as to why Apocalypse Now was not a classic was as follows, you should probably just shut the fuck up: ;)

It's overly long and bored the tits off me. There are some good scenes but on the whole it's completely boring and overrated.

Feel free to give examples otherwise instead of just being completely wrong.

The last film I watched was Collateral, with Tom Cruise, Jamie Foxx, and the DELICIOUS Jada Pinkett Smith :wub:

I wasn't too sure of whether or not I fancied it to be honest, but it was on my blockbuster list and came through before I knew it. I was very pleasantly surprised. I thought it was superb.

Having said that, I'm a big fan of Michael Mann (Heat). Cruise was excellent, Foxx was even better, and it was very well shot. Very dark.

My only criticism, is that there's always a lot of background noise, and some of the dialogue was difficult to pick up at times.

However, overall 7/10. Very good.

I wonder if this thread will take off? :P

Nah doubt it :D

Apocalypse Now is shite and overrated, I've tried to watch it a dozen times and I just don't enjoy it at all.

That's not the point, each to their own and all that.

His problem was me not reviewing a film in full, with details of cinematography, etc, when that's his level...