What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Wreck It Ralph ( 2012 )

This is a movie which people are really looking forward to, and I don't see many being disappointed. Everything from when Vanellope enters the scene onwards is absolutely golden. There's some tedious moments before that, although there's enough laughs to tip the scales in the right direction. Huge fan of the Fix It Felix character, and there's one scene in particular...

The game going mental as a cover for Ralph not being there.

...that had me in absolute stitches. It's a cracking movie.

9/10

Wreck It Ralph ( 2012 ) This is a movie which people are really looking forward to, and I don't see many being disappointed. Everything from when Vanellope enters the scene onwards is absolutely golden. There's some tedious moments before that, although there's enough laughs to tip the scales in the right direction. Huge fan of the Fix It Felix character, and there's one scene in particular...

The game going mental as a cover for Ralph not being there.

...that had me in absolute stitches. It's a cracking movie. 9/10

I seen this on Saturday. First time taking the wean to the pictures and I was also choking to see it myself. I think I'd give it 7.5/10. I thought it was gonna be a lot funnier than what it was but it was still highly entertaining.

I did love the twist in it that it was the turbo character from the racing game that was masquerading as the king and that he turned into a massive virus. Very nicely done.

Aye, that one got me too.

One from earlier in the day...

Compliance ( 2012 )

Horrendous movie. One which makes you spend almost the entire duration thinking to yourself "how fucking stupid are these people?". If the people involved in the real story were this stupid them f**k 'em. Seriously.

1/10

Mean Streets

Scorsese's film about a rising gangster who needs to choose between his friend , Johnny-boy , or his mob boss uncle. Some familiar faces in it from other Scorsese work and The Sopranos. Enjoyed the performances from De Niro and Harvey Keitel.

7/10

Edited by saint dave

Seven Psychopaths ( 2012 )

I don't quite get the hate for Colin Farrell. I've seen a lot of his stuff and always enjoyed him. This is another good 'un for him. Probably the Sam Rockwell show though more than anything. He's a joy to watch. The movie is a joy too. Absurdly enjoyable, which is fitting because it's absurd at times. But the two pretty much come together, so you can't penalise for that. Some stunning standalone scenes and brilliant moments, and a couple of cracking wee twists just to keep you on your toes. The script also probably should have been given the recognition it deserves.

9/10

Looper

Robin from new Batman film finds out about his future in a film that seems all to familiar.

Bit of Matrix, bit of bladerunner, bit of timecop, bit of equilibrium, bit of terminator

bit of a bore

3/10

Edited by DAFC

This is 40 4/10

Unsympathetic, spoilt middle aged couple whine and bitch about how shit their life is whilst their daughter gets her period whilst watching all 120 episodes of lost in a week. Tedious and overlong but the wife does get her tits out regularly.

Philadelphia - 9/10.

What a film, can't believe that was my first time watching it. Powerful and heartbreaking with some absolutely phenomenal performances from Hanks and Washington. Doesn't take a genius to see why these guys are two of my favourite actors. I think Washington just pips it to best performance here for me but Hanks is on fire also obviously hence the Oscar, a must see.

Edit: just seen Denzel didn't even get a nod for best supporting actor at the oscars that year but not only that, Tommy Lee Jones won it for The Fugitive, beating the likes of Ralph Fiennes' performance in Schindlers List as well. Now The Fugitive is a good film but I can't remember Tommy Lee Jones standing out that much that he would get an Oscar for it.

Edited by 11thHour

Premium Rush ( 2012 )

Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays a bike messenger. He has something that a dirty cop wants, played with relish and sheer joy by Michael Shannon. Seem to have a thing for the ridiculous these days, and this is no different. Everyone in it seems to be having an absolute ball. Especially Michael Shannon, who is about as psychotic as I've seen him. There's constantly shit going on, and some of the set pieces are a joy to behold, and some of them are flat out hilarious ( one in particular which ends with a cop on his face is a pure delight ).

7/10