What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Skyfall

Got a copy of the dvd the other night and watched it with the kids, have heard so much about it kind of set myself up for a bit of a dissapointment as per many a hyped film, have to be honest and say this lives up to the hype and then some, fantastic movie Crag has become the equal to Connery as Bond, possibly even better(dare I say). The action is fantastic without being over the top like it was in quantam of Solace, up until Javier Barden came into it I must admit I was thinking that it lacked a central bad guy but when he did enter the film he blew me away, great entrance by him cleverly done by Mendes, all in all best film of last year and perhaps the best Bond film ever, though Goldfinger would probably still be number 1 (just), can't wait for the next one and it has been a while since I said that, 10/10

Yup. I actually found it really boring, especially towards the end. The whole film is just incredibly dumb as well, Loki being the most inept and stupid villain I've ever seen. He seems to go from invincible genius to utterly shit in a matter of seconds for no real reason. How do you beat him? Get The Hulk to throw him around a bit. There's loads of mistakes and errors and it's just not a good film.

The first Iron Man was decent, the rest are all blatant cash-cows and this is the culmination of the whole sorry saga thus far. No doubt we will have endless follow-ups and sequels.

He goes from invincible genius to utterly shit because he loses what was making him invincible. He clearly wasn't expecting the Hulk to pick him up and like he alluded to earlier in the film, they're not gods.

You say they're blatant cash cows but why the f**k wouldn't they continue to release films? Considering Avengers broke loads of box office records and made like 1.5 billion dollars. They'd need to be fucking retarded not to continue to make those films since the interest has only grown since they made the individual hero films.

I didn't see it, but it won't be worse than this.

I wonder if the people in the cinema when I went actually liked it, I would love to hear a positive commentary of this film.

I'm going to see this next weekend. Hopefully its not as bad as you made out but going from the trailers I really dont have high hopes.

But then again I'm the only person on here that really loved Die Hard 4. I thought it was great. The jet fighter scenes were ludicrous but apart from that it was a fucking great action film, for me anyway.

The problem with Marvel Avengers Assemble was that if you hadn't seen some of the previous films or thought some of the previous films were shit (yeah I'm looking at Thor, Captain America and The Hulk) it was difficult to get involved in the film. That and the ridiculous deus ex machina twist with the Tesseract. Oh and not forgetting that the aliens appear out of nowhere and I didn't have a fucking clue as to who they really were, and I didn't care about how the film ended up: it is totally emotionless really. The dialogue was good though (for comic book superhero standards, but there's not much stiff competition) and the special effects were impressive for the most part.

I watched it again recently and my opinion of it was significantly lowered on a second watch. It's good fun for the most part, and that's probably what it aimed for, but I found myself not really enjoying it as much a second time around.

You have to suspend belief with superhero films pretty much the whole way through but there was something about The Avengers that just didnt work for me. LIke I said earlier I think it was because the only character I really cared about was Iron Man and to a lesser extent The Hulk. The best bit of them being on the Helicarrier was Downey Jr and Ruffalo's back and forth's. The rest of it was just poor. Correct me if im wrong but Ruffalo can control when he turns into The Hulk but still decides to change and destroy half of the Helicarrier and try to kill Black Widow, why?

I didnt like Hawkeye in this movie at all. I thought Renner's performance was really lacking and the whole mind control being broken with a swift dig to the chops just didnt fly with me. Also he's the best marksman in the world but lets shoot Sammy Jackson in the middle of the chest when he's no doubt wearing a bulletproof vest instead of shooting him between the.....eye.

Oh and speaking of Sammy Jackson, he went into Coulson's locker, got his baseball cards and wiped someones blood on them? Thats just nasty and ruined his cards that he treasured.

And some Russian American chick can outsmart the God of Deception.

Tongue firmly in cheek but all points that made me not enjoy this film. Oh and the bad acting throughout from 90% of the cast. And I personally thought it tried to hard to be "Awesome" if that makes sense, it didnt earn the right to be awesome. It took the idea of a group of superhero's and tried to tell you that it was awesome without you finding out for yourself.

Iron Man 3 looks the tits though.

Edited by 11thHour

Oh and not forgetting that the aliens appear out of nowhere and I didn't have a fucking clue as to who they really were

They appear through the portal created by the Tesseract. You seem Loki interact with the leader/race throughout the film. Who they are specifically isn't really relevant, they're hired guns.

the whole mind control being broken with a swift dig to the chops just didnt fly with me.

He got knocked unconscious, I don't think it's ridiculous that that broke the mind control.

Banner cannot control Hulk, that's the point.

Yeah, he goes Hulk when he's angry so he can't help it if he gets angry but can make himself get angry if he wants to go Hulk.

They appear through the portal created by the Tesseract. You seem Loki interact with the leader/race throughout the film. Who they are specifically isn't really relevant, they're hired guns.

He got knocked unconscious, I don't think it's ridiculous that that broke the mind control.

Yeah, he goes Hulk when he's angry so he can't help it if he gets angry but can make himself get angry if he wants to go Hulk.

almost word for word what my replies were going to be,

He did during the last half hour of the film though, which was ridiculous. He transformed and wrecked anything and everything on the stupid flying boat yet somehow he managed to distinguish between friend and foe and even threw in a fucking abysmal one-liner.

He didn't control the anger, he unleashed it. He also didn't just hit the aliens, he and Thor took down a bunch of the Chitauri (aliens) and then when they were done, he knocked Thor out of the screen. It's down to individual interpretation but Hulk isn't always completely stupid but it's easily explainable that he only attacked the aliens because those were the only people attacking him. The other Avengers, in New York, weren't attacking him so he had no reason to bother fighting them when he's getting shot at by the true foes.

He didn't control the anger, he unleashed it. He also didn't just hit the aliens, he and Thor took down a bunch of the Chitauri (aliens) and then when they were done, he knocked Thor out of the screen. It's down to individual interpretation but Hulk isn't always completely stupid but it's easily explainable that he only attacked the aliens because those were the only people attacking him. The other Avengers, in New York, weren't attacking him so he had no reason to bother fighting them when he's getting shot at by the true foes.

Why did he try and kill Black Widow then? Or was she just in his way? She wasn't attacking him. There was an attack on the ship that had nothing to do with her.

A Good Day to Die Hard was a whole load of fun. Jai Courtney came across a bit wooden, but he's intense as f**k, so gets away with it. Bruce Willis was far far far better than he was last time. I'd go 6/10. The car chase was the highlight. Either that or the flying finger.

He did during the last half hour of the film though, which was ridiculous. He transformed and wrecked anything and everything on the stupid flying boat yet somehow he managed to distinguish between friend and foe and even threw in a fucking abysmal one-liner.

These are all fair comments, if it wasn't a superhero movie where realism goes out the window. But it's a superhero movie. So meh.

Taking the Avengers as a ride you can switch off to was always going to be the way to enjoy it. I obviously enjoyed far more at the cinema for the action, although you could tell that the plot lagged in some bits.

The thing is with The Avengers is that I still don't think they went all out. Instead they put a little coming together for the first film, against an army without any real supervillains other than Loki. But now, it's set up nicely with Thanos being brought to the table for the sequel.

The Avengers could have easily went all out with a big ass supervillain like him for the first film and then churned out many more sequels below that standard, but instead have been very patient integrating these heros over five years and they haven't even got started yet.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

Lincoln - So, I continue to make my way through the Oscar-nominated films. Having had relatively no knowledge about Abraham Lincoln beforehand (apart from the fact that he's a vampire hunter - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1611224/?ref_=sr_1), and having next to no knowledge about politics, I found the first hour or so to be a bit of a struggle.

It is well-filmed, directed and acted. Daniel Day-Lewis and Tommy Lee Jones were particularly impressive. However, the film was very 'wordy', which I usually have no problem with. Yet my ignorance of politics meant that I found the movie a little hard-going to begin with. There were lots of political terms I didn't understand and the dialogue moved so quickly that I became lost.

On the other hand, I knew that, if I wasn't such an ignoramus, I definitely would have appreciated it a lot more. I would have liked to have seen a bit more in relation to Lincoln's actual character. I still don't have much of an idea about what kind of man he really was.

Having said that, I thoroughly enjoyed the second half of the film. It was highly interesting and moving in equal measures, and I'm glad I made the effort to see it.

Still, not my favourite of the Oscar-nominated movies. 7/10

This is the same opinion as mine. I have no interest in politics whatsoever but I went to see it because it's Oscar nominated. The dialogue in parts was really good and quite witty and funny but other than that and a great performances from Daniel Day-Lewis I really didn't enjoy this at all. It's really not my sort of film. It's far too... serious.

4/10 or something. I don't know.

There was a guy I recognised in it throughout the whole film and I couldn't figure out where from. It was Daniel Hardman from Suits. I shouted "SUITS!" on the bus home when I remembered. I like when that happens.