What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I tried watching A View To A Kill yesterday. Thought I'd seen every one. Dr No, all the Bonds but it turned out I hadn't and that was fucking dull and I love Bond. Grace Jones and Walken? f**k off. Great Bond theme though. Duran

5/10

Edited by Christophe

I tried watching A View To A Kill yesterday. Thought I'd seen every one. Dr No, all the Bonds but it turned out I hadn't and that was fucking dull and I love Bond. Grace Jones and Walken? f**k off. Great Bond theme though. Duran

5/10

Thats got probably the worst shoe-horning of a movie name into the dialogue I've ever heard.

The Purge ( 2013 )

This, however, has no redeeming factors. A dumb as f**k premise, but I was willing to forgive that because it had potential for a good horror movie. This wasn't a good movie though. No tension, with Ethan Hawke's well meaning dad being the only likeable guy in there. The main arsehole of the piece appears to be this movie's attempt at Michael Pitt from the US version of Funny Games. Except this guy is clearly dumber than a box of rocks. Every twist is signposted and predictable and the whole movie is just generally a shower of shite. Avoid.

1/10

I'm afraid I pretty much agree with this. Dragged a mate to see it on Sunday night and it was thoroughly disappointing.

5/10

wut

Man of Steel aka superman reboot. 4/10. Pretty guff tbh. The only redeeming features was the krypton scenes and the flash backs to young Clark. Cinema volume was too load during the fight scenes baa humbug.

Sent from my LT15i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Man of Steel aka superman reboot. 4/10. Pretty guff tbh. The only redeeming features was the krypton scenes and the flash backs to young Clark. Cinema volume was too load during the fight scenes baa humbug.

I was going to see that tomorrow night, might just wait for World War Z on Friday.

Each to their own. Iv heard some people say it's epic. Rating it against other recent superhero films I would say it falls short in terms of character and story. Special effects are top notch though.

Give it a shot. My only problem with it is when the big action comes along. It's a good movie. Although one guy saying they didn't like it is NEVER a good reason to give something a miss.

Re-watched "This Is Spinal Tap" - absolutely pant-pissingly funny. Maybe because it's so true to the type of behaviour of a lot of bands I saw in the NWOBHM era (That's right, Vardis, Witchfynde, Samson, Praying Mantis - I'm looking at you!). From the mini-stonehenge to the malfunctioning pod to the exploding drummers to the cucumber moment to the teenage-male friendly lyrics, you can almost forgive Liam Gallagher for believing it was a serious documentary...

Score? Has to be....

11/10.

Give it a shot. My only problem with it is when the big action comes along. It's a good movie. Although one guy saying they didn't like it is NEVER a good reason to give something a miss.

Aye thats what I was getting at. The first hour is quite good. Would have loved more time on krypton.

Just saw MOS looked visually great but let dowb by many plotholes and inconsistancies

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

5/10

Tanya Roberts though? By far the hottest bond girl up to goldeneye.

Saw the last hour of Buried the other night. Great premise for a film. Utterly terrifying stuff, especially the part with the snake. f**k that. Much more scary than the vast majority of 'horror' films simply due to the 'reality' of it (highly unlikely it will ever happen to you, but something you can imagine just being insanely awful). Heartbreaking ending as well.

A lot of people don't like the ending. I thought it was brutally brilliant. And given Reynolds had to sell the whole concept on his own, I thought he did a terrific job.

Aye it totally was. The way he had the hope and was telling his wife that it would be fine, how he heard the noises on the phone and thought that they were just in time only for the twist, then complete horror and misery as the sand buries him is terrific stuff in a brutal way. And for all the jokey roles he's done, Reynolds was indeed ace in it.