What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

At least you aren't making things worse though.

that's the second time you've used some variation of this to sign off, despite me merely responding to you and not in the slightest 'digging' further

:lol:

good try though

That Maniac was a bit good, aye? I've always been a fan of Elijah Wood, but not seen him in that much good stuff. Think he's a terrific actor though.

One of now three movies which at times has genuinely had me absolutely horrified at what I was watching. Seriously toying with going the full whammy as it's absolutely perfect for that sort of movie.

[REC] and not the movie itself ( although some of it was a touch unnerving ), but the ending of The Wicker Man from the reveal onwards is pretty big.

Never seen the original movie, and I don't imagine I will either.

Another thing I loved about this movie was the big "MANIAC" and the timing of it. I've seen other movies try it recently, but this one seemed so brilliantly timed and in keeping with what we just seen.

Rec is one of my favourite films, definitely going on the list in the other thread. I watched it for the first time late at night in the dark on my own when the missus was down south for work. I fucking shat it, going to bed was horrendous :lol:

I was pretty much the same. I had zero expectations going in, and it did pretty much what a horror movie is supposed to do. Took me about half an hour to lift myself from my seat and go to bed.

I need to check the original Maniac out now. The bit in this one that really got me was...

Taking the scalp of the live woman. Actually got a proper "AAAAAAAWWWWWW!!!" shout from me.

Rec is one of my favourite films, definitely going on the list in the other thread. I watched it for the first time late at night in the dark on my own when the missus was down south for work. I fucking shat it, going to bed was horrendous :lol:

I was in the exact same scenario when I watched it. I sent the dog out into the hall to check the coast was clear for me to make the bedroom dash and the little f*cker started barking so I stayed in the living room for another half hour and played FIFA before braving it. Things were also made worse that my loft hatch is immediately above the entrance to my bedroom... :unsure:

Edited by bob_mcshug

Rewatched the longest yard the other day (Burt Reynolds one) despite its age it holds up ok and plays better than Mean Machine and im assuming the Adam Sandler version *shudder*

7/10

Rewatched the longest yard the other day (Burt Reynolds one) despite its age it holds up ok and plays better than Mean Machine and im assuming the Adam Sandler version *shudder*

7/10

I thought the Adam Sandler one was pretty good, and Burt Reynolds is in it, which is a good thing

The Interrupters 10/10

Documentary about a project in Chicago that gets ex-convicts from the area, some who've done a bad murder, to interact with kids to reduce youth violence. It was pretty great, really moving in parts.

End of Watch 7.6/10

Gritty.

That's a pretty exact number, is it not? End of Watch was brilliant I thought. Gritty ye and always absorbing. I thought going in the hand held camera stuff was a bit too gimmicky but it worked. 8.5/10 for me.

This Is The End

Absolutely brilliant, a fantastic film, loads of brilliant cameos and loads of LOL moments.

9/10.

That's a pretty exact number, is it not? End of Watch was brilliant I thought. Gritty ye and always absorbing. I thought going in the hand held camera stuff was a bit too gimmicky but it worked. 8.5/10 for me.

Was thinking 8 for much of it but had to bring it down somewhat as it is a good movie but flawed.

Jake Gyllenhaal's character sort of films what he and his mate are doing when they go on a job as part of a 'project' but it's never really explained what this project is, what it's for or what becomes of it. It's just a device to give the film fly on the wall docu-drama authenticity. It does work though to be fair. I did like the film. There's a lot of macho posturing which in most films about cops would feel like a massive cliche but here it feels realistic and not self-serving. It's a decent effort at a The Wire style snapshot of life on the streets.

Was thinking 8 for much of it but had to bring it down somewhat as it is a good movie but flawed.

Jake Gyllenhaal's character sort of films what he and his mate are doing when they go on a job as part of a 'project' but it's never really explained what this project is, what it's for or what becomes of it. It's just a device to give the film fly on the wall docu-drama authenticity. It does work though to be fair. I did like the film. There's a lot of macho posturing which in most films about cops would feel like a massive cliche but here it feels realistic and not self-serving. It's a decent effort at a The Wire style snapshot of life on the streets.

I'm a bit hazy on the details because I haven't seen it since it was in the cinema but he does some sort of class, probably college or something. Also presumably it's film/media related. I think he just had to film his day to day operations for it and it would be turned into something once he was done, but obviously the shit hits the fan for him and his partner.

(reveals the ending)

I don't think he'd be using film footage of his now dead partner for his film class - that's for sure

The Place Beyond The Pines - Ryan Gosling straddled the thin line between enigmatic, brooding understated acting and Keanu Reeves. He came out on the right side eventually though, good performances all round. The middle section was distractingly similar to Copland, even without Ray Liotta playing a similar character.

7.5/10

Rust and Bone - Marion Cotillard plays a double amputee that I'd still want to pump. A fine achievement.

7.5/10