What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

There are some scenes where Johanssen talks to people through the window and then drives off - I'd imagine they were unscripted with strangers. The ones who get in the van have a bit more to do, I'd imagine they were actors.

There are some scenes where Johanssen talks to people through the window and then drives off - I'd imagine they were unscripted with strangers. The ones who get in the van have a bit more to do, I'd imagine they were actors.

That's what I thought too. It did feel like genuine exchanges, even in the van for the most part.

It really was an excellent film - helped along by Johannsen and by the score.

Edited by Kyle

Nebraska - 6.5/10

Directed by Alexander Payne (Election, Sideways, About Schmidt, The Descendants), this is a pretty good little film pitched somewhere between a Coen Bros film (shaggy dog story in smalltown America) and road movie and a bit of The Straight Story. Bruce Dern thinks he's won some money and wants to go to the office in Lincoln NEBRASKA (!!!) to collect it - but he lives in Montana now. What follows is a mildly farcical comedy-drama that looks at post-industrial middle America with equal parts sentiment and satire. It's funny when it's meant to be and it looks pretty forlorn but I sort of disagreed with the ending a wee bit. Not as good or as fun as Election or Sideways but good acting and it rolls along well enough.

The Mist - 8/10

Really excellent Stephen King adaptation by Darabont. Relatively small budget apocalyptic monster tale/allegory for our times. Hugely enjoyable and a fine ending. Big reco, way better than The Green Mile and Shawshank (esp if you like horror).

The Last Stand - 5/10

Total simpletons movie. Arnie makes his comeback and Johnny Knoxville steals the show. I was even able to predict the next line of dialogue in some places. Here, try and guess the next line:

Arnold: Why do you want to go to LA?

Deputy: I need excitement, the most exciting thing I've had to do this week is....

The Last Stand - 5/10

Total simpletons movie. Arnie makes his comeback and Johnny Knoxville steals the show. I was even able to predict the next line of dialogue in some places. Here, try and guess the next line:

Arnold: Why do you want to go to LA?

Deputy: I need excitement, the most exciting thing I've had to do this week is....

yeah was pretty cliche filled, love the point where you have the

"who is this guy?" see under seige for best example where they fish out his detailed history training etc

The Mist - 8/10

Really excellent Stephen King adaptation by Darabont. Relatively small budget apocalyptic monster tale/allegory for our times. Hugely enjoyable and a fine ending. Big reco, way better than The Green Mile and Shawshank (esp if you like horror).

I'm sure this film got a lot of stick on here but I enjoyed it as well

Melancholia - 5/10

So disappointed with this. First Von Trier film that's left me utterly cold. Just couldn't engage with it at all. Characters, plot, direction, all pretty insipid. Some nice shots here and there but not enough for me.

That Awkward Moment - 2/10

Unfunny Rom Com about three blokes trying to avoid serious relationships. Bet you can't guess what happens? I'd call it a chick-flick but that would be insulting chicks. And I don't like insulting chicks. Except when I'm fucking them.

The Bay - 2/10 (with the caveat that I still enjoyed it)

Compelling in that weird way 'found footage' films are, but still absolute horseshit

Is that the Japanese one?