What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Rush 6.5/10

Thought this was pretty average, but I liked the guy who played niki lauda so bumped the score up a little. The rivalry seemed a little forced to me and doesn't feel like one of sports great ones. Wasn't a patch on senna for me.

Vanishing point 8/10

This film is great, some of the shots of the US south West are just brilliant. The dodge challenger is pretty iconic and super soul is a legend. I'm a big fan of the primal scream album and its quality to hear all the original samples. Great soundtrack to the film too. The whole film is rather odd, with the cops trying to stop our (anti?)hero kowalski. A few flashbacks hint at his past, but we never really get to know him as he tries to deliver the challenger to cisco on time. Bit of a road trip film at times, with some mental characters and its quite funny too, if you like cliché southern US hick cops. Definitely worth a watch.

Edited by Tamdunk

Went to Cineworld's Sin City double header. I absolutely love the first one. The second was fine but I'm unsure about the order it's in and I'm not entirely convinced one of the characters should be alive, but I'm probably making a mistake here. It's quite good in the sense that a few things are tied up and there's a storyline set before the first film and one after but I can't help but feel we've not been told the reasons for certain characters actions. It was good, but not as good as the first.

Edit: Oh Jessica Alba :wub:

Edited by Smurph

The Inbetweeners 2

It didn't work for me, the actors are all clearly in their late twenties now. The story kind of went nowhere and the jokes have been done better elsewhere.

The only highlight seemed to be Wills mum copping off with Mr Gilbert, who was greatly underused.

If you're 15, this would be a great film, but it passed a bit of time.

4/10

Edited by Bobby Skidmarks

Alien Abduction ( 2014 )

Been seeing a lot of this getting sent out at Amazon, and it's found footage, so I decided to give it a whirl. It's not good. Not good at all. Infact, it's fucking terrible. A family of fucking morons. They come into contact with some hillbilly who becomes the smartest guy in the group by default. Any alien stuff is made worse by some horrific camera work, and not knowing what on earth is going on. It's just a total shocker on every single level.

0/10

Possession - after her husband and brother-in-law are involved in a head-on collision, a woman is stunned when her husband appears to have been transported into his brother's body.

An alternative synopsis for this would be: a woman attempts to justify acting on her nascent desires for her douchebag brother-in-law after her simpering, saccharine husband ends up in a coma. This is overly sentimental tripe, but mildly amusing when you see through the supposed storyline to what's going on underneath, which must be way more obvious than they'd planned.

Also, there must be a million films called Possession, or The Possession - I keep finding new ones. Must be a scunner if you're trying to have a conversation about one of them.

Frost - A team of Arctic researchers mysteriously disappear in the field, leaving one member behind to establish what's happened, along with her recently-arrived boyfriend.

Icelandic found-footage drama that attempts to go down the route of explaining very little, but unfortunately forgets to make the journey to the lack-of-explanation interesting. Lots of annoying handheld camera jiggling in this one, and it does a dreadful line in camera 'overloading' effects when something scary/eventful is supposed to be happening. The end result is a couple of people with malfunctioning equipment wandering around in the snow to little end.

Open Grave - when an amnesiac regains consciousness in a mass burial pit, he must work with a team of other memory loss sufferers to establish what's happened, and whether or not he's responsible for the pile of bodies he awoke with.

This was a pleasant surprise, and is a film worth seeing without knowing too much about the plot. Suffice to say that the story develops into something quite different to the original premise, and is far more interesting than the cliched synopsis might imply. Nice to see a horror story that tries to keep the audience thinking without stretching credulity too far.