TNA General

Right for months and months I've been telling myself I'm going to get back into TNA. I stopped watching maybe 18 months/2years ago as it was utter, utter shite. I mean when I first watched it (2004/2005) it was amazing, but for some reason it turned to the biggest pile of shite ever. Everything from the main eventers, the ring to the Impact zone was totally off putting.

Anyway, I've read that it's been really good lately and think I'll give it a watch. However, I'm in need of some kind sole to fill me in on the current feuds/storylines etc. I'm finding it difficult to muster the energy to go and start watching without knowing what's going on.

Anybody kind enough to give the Shugster a run down has a greenie waiting for them.wink.gif

Right for months and months I've been telling myself I'm going to get back into TNA. I stopped watching maybe 18 months/2years ago as it was utter, utter shite. I mean when I first watched it (2004/2005) it was amazing, but for some reason it turned to the biggest pile of shite ever. Everything from the main eventers, the ring to the Impact zone was totally off putting.

Anyway, I've read that it's been really good lately and think I'll give it a watch. However, I'm in need of some kind sole to fill me in on the current feuds/storylines etc. I'm finding it difficult to muster the energy to go and start watching without knowing what's going on.

Anybody kind enough to give the Shugster a run down has a greenie waiting for them.wink.gif

Bobby Roode has been the world champ for ages(just broke AJ's record of longest time held couple weeks ago). A while back Sting was the effective GM and got into a feud with Roode and Roode beat him and embarrassed him, he handed the Gm reigns to Hogan and vowed to return as a wrestler which he did the week before Slammiversary.

A while back(Hard Justice I think), Bubba Ray and Abyss had a Monster's Ball match which Abyss won. But he went missing after it. His "brother", Joseph Park (a lawyer) came looking for him and eventually found his lead, which was Bubba Ray. They've ran into each other a few times and Bubba pushing Joseph's buttons and eventually made him so angry that he agreed to face him at Slammiversary. It's been a ridiculous feud though, it's painfully obvious that it's actually Abyss but it just adds to the feud, Joseph Parks is awesome.

AJ and Kaz were in a big tag team competition for a shot at the belts a few months ago when Chris Daniels came to the top of the aisle and demanded Kaz leave AJ high and dry during the match, which he did. It was portrayed that Daniels was holding something over Kaz but it then became clear that it was actually something that Daniels had over AJ and Kaz joined Daniels. It got revealed a few weeks ago that it's actually that AJ is having an affair with Dixie Carter. Angle got involved when he was teaming with Kaz and Daniels and he was about to get AJ to tap when they got involved and thus Angle got pissed and joined AJ.

Those are really the only matches on the Slammiversary card that had an actual feud. I'd watch that and then this week's Impact and you'll be bang up to date.

Joseph Parks is fantastic. At a time when opinions on Abyss were so low, he comes in and turns it all around. He really does play the part so well. I thought the match he had with Bully Ray was utterly brilliant. Not on a five star match scale, but sooooooo entertaining.

Bobby Roode has been the world champ for ages(just broke AJ's record of longest time held couple weeks ago). A while back Sting was the effective GM and got into a feud with Roode and Roode beat him and embarrassed him, he handed the Gm reigns to Hogan and vowed to return as a wrestler which he did the week before Slammiversary.

A while back(Hard Justice I think), Bubba Ray and Abyss had a Monster's Ball match which Abyss won. But he went missing after it. His "brother", Joseph Park (a lawyer) came looking for him and eventually found his lead, which was Bubba Ray. They've ran into each other a few times and Bubba pushing Joseph's buttons and eventually made him so angry that he agreed to face him at Slammiversary. It's been a ridiculous feud though, it's painfully obvious that it's actually Abyss but it just adds to the feud, Joseph Parks is awesome.

AJ and Kaz were in a big tag team competition for a shot at the belts a few months ago when Chris Daniels came to the top of the aisle and demanded Kaz leave AJ high and dry during the match, which he did. It was portrayed that Daniels was holding something over Kaz but it then became clear that it was actually something that Daniels had over AJ and Kaz joined Daniels. It got revealed a few weeks ago that it's actually that AJ is having an affair with Dixie Carter. Angle got involved when he was teaming with Kaz and Daniels and he was about to get AJ to tap when they got involved and thus Angle got pissed and joined AJ.

Those are really the only matches on the Slammiversary card that had an actual feud. I'd watch that and then this week's Impact and you'll be bang up to date.

I can't tell you just how much the idea of Kaz and Daniels in the same feud is a put off. You throw Dixie in the mix and it's almost enough to have me running a mile.

However, Bobby Roode is the fucking man. But Sting? Still? Seriously? He's pretty much been involved in the title scene since he joined TNA then? I'm actually a little bit gutted that Beer Money are no longer together. For a long time Beer Money, MCMG, Team 3D and LAX were the only thing worth watching in TNA. The tag division used to be tremendous. The last time I seen anything Big Bubba was great on his own too.

Abyss couldn't really get any worse. In the beginning he was great but then of course they let him talk and dropped James Mitchell. A change of character for him can't be any worse than the last time I saw him when he was having a HoF ring shoved doon hs throat.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

If you give the AJ/Daniels/Dixie stuff a chance, you get a corker of a match in the future. Go with it.

Sting can still go. And do so quite well. For a man his age he is brilliant. Not quite Taker brilliant though. I'm happy for him to have his position as a result.

TNA can do all the good they want (and for me the jury is very much still out on much of what they're doing), but until they get out of the utter hole that is the Impact Zone, they will continue to not even be a concern for WWE.

P.S.

Who do you reckon were the guys who attacked Sting as Impact went off air? None of them were Jarrett, as they were all too big to be him. Can't see it being anyone else in the company either.

Edited by DA Baracus

I can't tell you just how much the idea of Kaz and Daniels in the same feud is a put off. You throw Dixie in the mix and it's almost enough to have me running a mile.

However, Bobby Roode is the fucking man. But Sting? Still? Seriously? He's pretty much been involved in the title scene since he joined TNA then? I'm actually a little bit gutted that Beer Money are no longer together. For a long time Beer Money, MCMG, Team 3D and LAX were the only thing worth watching in TNA. The tag division used to be tremendous. The last time I seen anything Big Bubba was great on his own too.

Abyss couldn't really get any worse. In the beginning he was great but then of course they let him talk and dropped James Mitchell. A change of character for him can't be any worse than the last time I saw him when he was having a HoF ring shoved doon hs throat.

I'd have said the same(about Daniels and Dixie, I'm a fan of Kaz) but it's been pretty decent. AJ/Kurt vs Kaz/Daniels at the PPV was a fantastic match.

He was away for a while and came back pretty strong. I'm not a fan of him being given title shots but honestly, the likes of RVD, Anderson and Jeff Hardy(who were in a #1 Contender's match at Slammiversary) are no better than Sting, IMO. All of those tag teams have split up laugh.gif I think Shelley's left TNA and Homicide and Konan have been away for a while. Beer Money and Team 3D have split up, Bubba Ray has been absolutely fantastic since he left the tag division though. The only reason he hasn't been given the strap(or even a 1 on 1 title shot) is probably because Roode's a heel and so is Bubba.

It's not really a character change as they're pretending like Abyss and his brother aren't being played by the same character. And Abyss has turned up once or twice in the build up.

TNA can do all the good they want (and for me the jury is very much still out on much of what they're doing), but until they get out of the utter hole that is the Impact Zone, they will continue to not even be a concern for WWE.

P.S.

Who do you reckon were the guys who attacked Sting as Impact went off air? None of them were Jarrett, as they were all too big to be him. Can't see it being anyone else in the company either.

Yeah, I was trying to think of factions but couldn't really think of anyone. Team Canada is the only one that would make sense. But they only really had one big guy didn't they, Eric Young and Petey Williams were the only other two worth anything IIRC

Joseph Parks is fantastic. At a time when opinions on Abyss were so low, he comes in and turns it all around. He really does play the part so well. I thought the match he had with Bully Ray was utterly brilliant. Not on a five star match scale, but sooooooo entertaining.

It was absolutely ridiculous, which is why I loved it and why the feud has been so great. Well, that and Bully Ray being the best heel in all of wrestling right now.

If you give the AJ/Daniels/Dixie stuff a chance, you get a corker of a match in the future. Go with it.

Sting can still go. And do so quite well. For a man his age he is brilliant. Not quite Taker brilliant though. I'm happy for him to have his position as a result.

Sting is absolutely great, interesting character and he knows how to work better than anyone else in the company.

No need for spoiler tags following the Sunday night for Impact, even though I haven't seen it myself. If it's been on in the UK it's fair game IMO.

No need for spoiler tags following the Sunday night for Impact, even though I haven't seen it myself. If it's been on in the UK it's fair game IMO.

Yeah it is, I was just doing it cause he did(I presume it's because Shuggie was coming in wanting to know what's going on. Hurry up and catch up, Shuggie tongue.gif

Impact was very, very good again this week. Ultimate X was good while it lasted, although I read Sabin has torn his ACL. Hogan put Aries over MASSIVELY post-match, that was great. The BFG series being back is superb, I see they have a more structured approach this year which is positive, with everyone wrestling each other once. That should give some fresh match-ups. I'm glad to see Robbie E and Magnus in it, two guys that don't get the credit they deserve. Pope being back is pleasing if he's on form. The Rumble-esque match itself was really good. James Storm's crowd reaction during his promo was the loudest I've ever heard the Impact Zone, best babyface in the world these days. Roode beating Anderson clean is pleasing. I reckon Jarrett will be behind the Sting attack. All good stuff.

With Aries i'd rather they built him as a strong TV champ in the ECW RVD style rather than having him just drop the X Division title to then lose at the PPV to Roode. Have methodical build and show that he is on the level of current TNA main event talent like Hardy, Anderson, Storm etc

Edited by Northsea80

Have methodical build and show that he is on the level of current TNA main event talent like Hardy, Anderson, Storm etc

I think they've already done that with his feud with Bully Ray recently and he was involved in a couple of the main event tag team matches where they put their top faces v heels. And as Marshmallo said, Hogan put him over in that promo.

There's no doubt in my mind that he's ready for the main event. He probably isn't going to win the title(I think Storm at BFG is more likely) but he needs the shot to be put in contention. He really should be in the BFG series though, which is a shame.

There's no doubt in my mind that he's ready for the main event. He probably isn't going to win the title(I think Storm at BFG is more likely) but he needs the shot to be put in contention. He really should be in the BFG series though, which is a shame.

He's been ready for a wee while now, and his match with Samoa Joe at Slammiversary is probably the best match I've seen since I got back into wrestling last year.

TNA's long-term plan is for Roode to drop the belt to Storm at BFG, although they might throw out a swerve or two before then.

As for the attack on Sting, I've no idea and that one came out of the blue. But given that he'd just put Jarrett over, then that seems the likely option...

Luke Gallows, Chris Masters and ??? for me.

Could be them. They've made them wear longer sleeved and tight t-shirts underneath to conceal anything (i.e. tattoos) that would give it away. And the first video below shows that the three guys are of similar height, and the next one shows that Masters and Gallows are of similar height.

Edited by DA Baracus

Luke Gallows, Chris Masters and ??? for me.

Sting is about 6"2 according to wiki, Gallows is 6"7, Masters is 6"4. Tough to tell cause they were moving and mostly bending down but I don't think anyone was as tall as Gallows would be. Masters fits though.

Just thinking about ex-WWE guys, Harry Smith and MVP are about 6"5 and 6"3. Jarrett is 6"1.

I wouldn't expect Jarrett to be in that three though, I'd expect him to be the leader and pulling the strings.

If it was the Posse, I think I'd explode with joy.

And I think we can safely rule out MVP.

Anyway,

No explanation on Impact (was on last night in America). All Hogan said was that he won't give them any more publicity but that they'll be dealt with eventually. Oh and AJ and Dixie aren't shagging. They're helping a drug addict. I'm not making this utter shit up. She was on the show. What a truly wretched storyline. As much as I disliked the story that AJ and Dixie were shagging, at least it had sense to it, i.e. AJ was got to the top cos he was shagging the boss. This just makes no sense at all. It's utter, utter shit. A fucking awful storyline, even for TNA. In fact it's one of the worst I've heard. Unless it turns out that she's CM Punk's sister!

Edited by DA Baracus

Anyway,

No explanation on Impact (was on last night in America). All Hogan said was that he won't give them any more publicity but that they'll be dealt with eventually. Oh and AJ and Dixie aren't shagging. They're helping a drug addict. I'm not making this utter shit up. She was on the show. What a truly wretched storyline. As much as I disliked the story that AJ and Dixie were shagging, at least it had sense to it, i.e. AJ was got to the top cos he was shagging the boss. This just makes no sense at all. It's utter, utter shit. A fucking awful storyline, even for TNA. In fact it's one of the worst I've heard. Unless it turns out that she's CM Punk's sister!

laugh.gif

Impact wasn't great last night. I watched it on a stream, live so might give it a bash later on. As you said, the drug addict storyline is awful. Dixie and the junkie are horrible, horrible actresses. Without giving explanation as to why she went to them or why Chris Daniels was so pissed at her being there then it just seems lazy and will turn the casual viewers away. AJ beating up Kaz and Daniels was great though, I'd imagine that they've told AJ that he can legitimately hit him because those punches and slams looked pretty stiff.

Little bit too much of people I don't like being paired together (Anderson vs Daniels and Hardy vs RVD) but Magnus beating AJ is great for him and a good progression in the storyline with AJ, even if the payoff at the end was shit. Joe vs Storm was alright, much prefer Psycho Joe though.

The pin in the Knockout's match annoyed me. Sunset flip pins don't really look like there's any added leverage going on(like you would if you rolled them up and grabbed tights/ropes). It just seemed like a shite way to finish the match if you wanted a roll up on Mickie James.