Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

GCyCs7iXEAAFkpZ.thumb.jpg.79d2d22f3dbab43c603925624e29575f.jpg

It's not about the match, it's not about the appearance money. The Rock's got a new football league to promote (March 30th) and WWE still have to get Raw a TV deal. Nothing to stop Rock turning up at Elimination Chamber and practice his pointing

009_RAW_03122012ej_2494--22f289940db4e52a671262080cc98ff0.thumb.jpg.62b38f87c053f35479c3728600b21bd1.jpg

12 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Priest to throw Cody out the Rumble for some reason unknown yet, Cody to win the briefcase at EC and cash in at WM to complete the story and all that shit? 

Apparently according to the rumours it's:

Spoiler

Roman-Randy at the Rumble, Roman-Rock at EC and Cody-Roman at Mania

Edited by Lyle Lanley

I know they're trying to make these big PLEs abroad even bigger, and maybe it's just thinking in the old terms, but it seems fucking mental not to be doing Rock/Reigns at WM.  Even if it was a show in a friendly time-zone I wouldn't understand it, but your largest market will have to tune in live at an even more unfriendly time than we have to watch normal shows.

4 hours ago, forameus said:

I know they're trying to make these big PLEs abroad even bigger, and maybe it's just thinking in the old terms, but it seems fucking mental not to be doing Rock/Reigns at WM.  Even if it was a show in a friendly time-zone I wouldn't understand it, but your largest market will have to tune in live at an even more unfriendly time than we have to watch normal shows.

I suspect they are very much at the mercy of Rock's filming schedule.

It can't just be me who does a full on laugh at pretty much everything R-Truth does.

Wrestling and comedy are usually not the strongest of partners but his timing is constantly impeccable and you can see that he genuinely cracks folk up with that work with him.

His wee promo on Raw was brilliant.

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

It can't just be me who does a full on laugh at pretty much everything R-Truth does.

Wrestling and comedy are usually not the strongest of partners but his timing is constantly impeccable and you can see that he genuinely cracks folk up with that work with him.

Had to look it out off the back of your comments and it was just fantastic. What a guy.

On 09/01/2024 at 10:35, djchapsticks said:

Truths the man.  He's gold.   

He used to be boring and shite or maybe I was a dick that never appreciated him thought the little jimmy crap got shite when he turned heel when they he had the ball to run with. .   I want my Ron on my telly. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

I particularly liked him entering the Royal Rumble, grabbing a ladder, immediately climbing up to the briefcase that wasn't there and acting shocked to his core before being eliminated.  

I'd give him something on every single show they have.  Granted you might get over-exposed to him, but he's not going to be around forever, despite still looking like he's in his late 20s.  He's in a unique position where it seems like everyone really respects him and enjoys working with him.  Vince with his weird sense of humour fucking loved him.  Brock seems to love him.  Seemingly not a bad word said about him.  Let him work.

5 hours ago, forameus said:

I particularly liked him entering the Royal Rumble, grabbing a ladder, immediately climbing up to the briefcase that wasn't there and acting shocked to his core before being eliminated.  

I'd give him something on every single show they have.  Granted you might get over-exposed to him, but he's not going to be around forever, despite still looking like he's in his late 20s.  He's in a unique position where it seems like everyone really respects him and enjoys working with him.  Vince with his weird sense of humour fucking loved him.  Brock seems to love him.  Seemingly not a bad word said about him.  Let him work.

2-5 mins a week even when hes not in a a storyline definitely isn't going to overexposed him.

To be fair too, his stuff with Judgement Day just now isn't just funny and comic relief, it's genuinely good! 

On 09/01/2024 at 10:35, djchapsticks said:

There’s a video on YouTube about how loads of wrestlers fade into the background for a few months then get released at the end of their contract.

R-Truth was in the exact same situation for years but always earned a new contract because Vince absolutely loves him as does much of the roster for what his personality brings to the table. Like an ageing footballer who’s still a bit of a Jack-the-lad and kept on because he’s great for team spirit and morale.

Absolutely loved the Punk Rhodes segment. I like that they are going with this as the narrative through the Rumble match itself.

Punk telling Rhodes he's getting the CM Punk road to Mania experience by carrying the company, getting put on the cover of the 2K game then getting smacked aside for a much bigger returning star, only this time, he's in role of the star, was superb.

Edited by djchapsticks

Busy news day. The Rock isn't quite head of the table, but he's now one of the Board of Directors of TKO.

The Raw deal in the US has been confirmed as going to Netflix, and more importantly from a UK perspective they're picking up basically everything new once the TNT sports deal is up in January.

https://corporate.wwe.com/news/company-news/2024/01-23-2024

Beginning in January 2025, Netflix will be the exclusive new home of Raw in the U.S., Canada, U.K. and Latin America, among other territories, with additional countries and regions to be added over time. Likewise, as part of the agreement, Netflix will also become the home for all WWE shows and specials outside the U.S. as available, inclusive of Raw and WWE’s other weekly shows – SmackDown and NXT – as well as the company’s Premium Live Events, including WrestleMania, SummerSlam and Royal Rumble. WWE’s award-winning documentaries, original series and forthcoming projects will also be available on Netflix internationally beginning in 2025