Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

Must be pretty tough mentally for aging wrestlers, Punk and countless others, when it becomes clear their bodies just aren’t gonna let them do something that they clearly love to do.  It’s hard to see Punk ever returning to regular matches now as others have said. Three major injuries, pretty much back to back. Real shame for the lad and for a potentially fantastic Wrestlemania feud.

Looking ahead it’ll be interesting to see how they shape things up with both Lesnar and Punk out of action (for very different reasons of course). Opportunity possibly knocks for Gunther and Bron Breakker…

I swear that Dusty Rhodes has been mentioned more on WWE programming since Cody returned than when he actually wrestled for the company and worked with NXT combined.

They need to calm it.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

That Seth promo last night is one of the best of his career. 

Really hope we don’t have Seth cost Cody at mania. 

It was superb.

I got the same vibes and hopefully that's not where it's going. Seth obviously needs the time off to get his knee either tidied up or totally fixed and they way for him to go out would be a fallen hero, not a villain. People also don't want to boo him, every time he turns he just naturally drifts back towards being a face (also for this, see Kevin Owens and Bobby Lashley).

I'd like a situation where the folk shafted most at various points over the last 3 years equalise the obvious bloodline interference and prevent it ever becoming anything other than a straight 1 vs 1 match.

I'm talking cameos from Randy, Sami, KO, Jey, AJ, LA Knight, even Drew... all taking out different people at various points before they have a chance to interfere.

• 3 weeks later...

It’s no coincidence the best stuff last night (Rock & Punk/Drew/Seth) felt very un-WWE. When they break their over-produced mould and just let these guys feel authentic it’s so much better.

Just do Rock/Cody at this point, f**k it. 

2 hours ago, TheGoon said:

It’s no coincidence the best stuff last night (Rock & Punk/Drew/Seth) felt very un-WWE. When they break their over-produced mould and just let these guys feel authentic it’s so much better.

Just do Rock/Cody at this point, f**k it. 

Cody's going over at Mania for the title guaranteed. 

Anyone else notice they focused on the production truck which had Cena and Stone Cold on it for a bit.

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Anyone else notice they focused on the production truck which had Cena and Stone Cold on it for a bit.

There’s smoke to this according to that WrestleVotes. Going to be full on Attitude Era finish for Night 2 I think 

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Did they not say that last year as well?

Yeah, I'd say that surely you have to go with Cody this year, but then I thought there was absolutely zero chance Reigns retained last year.  It'd be a terrible decision to hold off again, but it would be oddly hilarious.

Personally I can't see beyond the Bloodline winning the match on Night 1 to allow all this interference, then we'll get a hilariously cinematic clusterfuck of a main event on night 2 with absolutely everything - and everyone - thrown at it.  If they can add that glass shatter and have Stone Cold take out Rock, the pop will be enormous, even if it makes absolutely no sense beyond "it's Rock and Stone Cold".  

I have a nagging feeling though that Rock will just turn on Reigns and go "face" in the main event, and Cody will win it that way. Really hope I'm wrong, and he genuinely has managed to get rid of this need to always be the wholesome hero with what he's been doing lately.  You can have interference around the match, but Rhodes needs to win clean in the middle of the ring.

EDIT: Just caught the full segment after only getting a recap previously.  Safe to say Rock is absolutely killing it in this role.  No jazzy PG one-liners, just a big lad giving an unhinged scheme booting.  If they manage to stick the landing at WM and not ruin it, it'll go down as a crowning achievement considering how it started.  

Edited by forameus

Rhodes using the word 'wankfest' made me chuckle.

CM Punk claimed he's never worn a t-shirt with another wrestlers name on it in a feud. He must have forgotten the 'I broke Big Show's hand' t-shirt.

• 2 weeks later...