Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

23 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Last years was an absolute disaster so let’s just wait and see.

Shite, you have just reminded me,  that was a Vince job though I'm sure but fair point.

Well, that was... fine I guess. 

If that was a random Raw throughout the year, it's probably slightly above average.

As a Raw after Mania, hugely underwhelming.

I thought that was pretty meh but after the weekend we just had I didn’t expect it to get near matching it.

That first segment was garbage. Absolute nothing in the 40 minutes it lasted. 

Punk and Drew just doesn’t do it for me either would much rather see him lifting that title in Glasgow but I know some will differ. 

Nothing dreadfully wrong with the show it just wasn’t very exciting either

9 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

There's zero chance Dragunov wouldn't have debuted as a cowardly communist heel under the previous regime.

Dragunov in a protracted programme against Gunther where they just batter the shit out of one another en route to Gunther becoming main event level and Dragunov building his way up, please.

The Bo Dallas/Uncle Howdy tease that the live crowd got to see was eerie as f**k.

We might at last be getting the Wyatt 6. I think it's fitting to be honest. Bo is another Cody in that he was and always has been extremely talented and saddled with proper shite to work with. He's also only 33 which is ridiculous given how long ago he was NXT Champion. In my mind he's pushing 40.

I thought that was quite a good RAW After WrestleMania considering some of the shite we've been served up with in recent years.  They've got a few weeks to have people move between brands and pivot towards new feuds ahead of the draft, and I think they covered a lot of bases to continue the new generation stuff.  IC title feud presumably set up with Gable potentially turning heel, Priest's first challenger set, Punk and McIntyre ratcheted up a bit, and a good load of new blood introduced.  Bit of an odd decision to have that new blood be both NXT Champions who presumably aren't ready to come up just yet, but the first match of the "new season" being Dragunov and Nakamura kicking shit out of each other was a welcome change.

I would have liked Cody's next few months to be set out a bit clearer, and that segment didn't really do that.  We're getting Cody/Rock at some point, but if you're not going to say when, I'd probably have preferred they just held off on the whole segment to be honest.  Let someone else come out as a true first opponent, do that feud, then if Rock's ready for Summerslam, or Royal Rumble, or even WM41, start it out then.  All we got was a chance for Rock to appear again and make the segment about half an hour longer than it should have been (seriously, those fucking pauses were getting ridiculous).  Having said that though, the delivery from Rock did raise some interest.  He was truly fucking creepy at times.

2 hours ago, forameus said:

He was truly fucking creepy at times.

Sinister, sociopathic Rock is a route I'm happy to see them going. We've never really seen him quiet and menacing...always funny and gobby.

Agreed on the timing though, they could have held off a bit, let him work a couple of contenders first before Rock sets out his stall but I guess the intrigue behind what he handed him at the end would have died down if they hadn't done it there and then.

Saw a theory that he handed him the keys to his bus, implying that it was him who set it on fire which would feed into the route of Rock being an utter psychotic maniac.

I'd have also liked Sami/Gable to have been built up to a big time match rather than IC title match right away, though I'm going to guess that this won't be a one and done and they'll be heading into a meaningful feud. 

One thing that really stood out over the weekend and carried on into Monday was just how incredibly good WWE are on presentation.  They've always been the absolute kings of the video package (something AEW still don't really get right), and put out some absolute classics over the weekend. The Usos one was as good as the match was bad, and Cody's Rise Up one from RAW was the first one I remember of making a wrestler actively cry in the ring, so kudos for that.  But where Kevin Dunn had the whole live presentation lagging behind with his weird style, I think they've now near enough caught up in quality.  A much more slick visual style with some really great choices made.  On RAW when Liv Morgan attacked Rhea, you had a full unbroken shot from the start of that little promo with Dom, through the attack, then Dom literally pushes the cameraman into the next shot as they disappear out into the arena to start the next match.  They looked like they were using a kind of cinema presentation at points with a softer framerate, particularly in the tag main event on Saturday.  Just lovely stuff.

And it kind of goes along with the above, as I think HHH specifically called out the guy who replaced Kevin Dunn for his work so far, but really nice to see them specifically calling out Samantha Irvin too for her calls.  The entire product is firing on all cylinders.  Your ring announcer is adding value and really selling the emotion.  Your colour commentator (acquired taste as he is) is adding great comedic notes, your play-by-play guy looks like he's 30 years younger with how much he's absolutely loving his job.  All the wrestlers seem to be loving it too.  Just brilliant to see.

Off to Saudi soon though.  Sigh.

41 minutes ago, forameus said:

One thing that really stood out over the weekend and carried on into Monday was just how incredibly good WWE are on presentation.  They've always been the absolute kings of the video package (something AEW still don't really get right), and put out some absolute classics over the weekend. The Usos one was as good as the match was bad, and Cody's Rise Up one from RAW was the first one I remember of making a wrestler actively cry in the ring, so kudos for that.  But where Kevin Dunn had the whole live presentation lagging behind with his weird style, I think they've now near enough caught up in quality.  A much more slick visual style with some really great choices made.  On RAW when Liv Morgan attacked Rhea, you had a full unbroken shot from the start of that little promo with Dom, through the attack, then Dom literally pushes the cameraman into the next shot as they disappear out into the arena to start the next match.  They looked like they were using a kind of cinema presentation at points with a softer framerate, particularly in the tag main event on Saturday.  Just lovely stuff.

And it kind of goes along with the above, as I think HHH specifically called out the guy who replaced Kevin Dunn for his work so far, but really nice to see them specifically calling out Samantha Irvin too for her calls.  The entire product is firing on all cylinders.  Your ring announcer is adding value and really selling the emotion.  Your colour commentator (acquired taste as he is) is adding great comedic notes, your play-by-play guy looks like he's 30 years younger with how much he's absolutely loving his job.  All the wrestlers seem to be loving it too.  Just brilliant to see.

Off to Saudi soon though.  Sigh.

I can't go her tbh. Always feels as if she trying too hard

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I can't go her tbh. Always feels as if she trying too hard

I really can’t go her. Nothing against her personally, clearly really passionate, but find it really grating. 

15 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

I really can’t go her. Nothing against her personally, clearly really passionate, but find it really grating. 

I think the same about her partners in ring persona too funnily enough. 

I quite like her.

Stephanie McMahon however can f**k so far off. Horrid little boot.

I despised her in ring pish where she'd slap wrestlers over and over and have nothing happen to her. Absolutely loved when Dusty shushed her and you could see she was furious.

Worse however is she seems like a total c**t. This is the arsehole who had the crowd do a round of applause for her rapey old man. This is the c**t who used the 9/11 tribute to moan about attacks on her scum family. This is the c**t who is/was pals with Trump and has photos with him. Her maw is part of the scumbag circus with Trump.

Samantha Irvin is shite. 

She struggled to announce Cody as the winner and was lauded for being emotional.

Her job is literally to announce, she struggled to do that, and people were labelling her as up there with Finkel for it 

Blew my mind.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I quite like her.

Stephanie McMahon however can f**k so far off. Horrid little boot.

I despised her in ring pish where she'd slap wrestlers over and over and have nothing happen to her. Absolutely loved when Dusty shushed her and you could see she was furious.

Worse however is she seems like a total c**t. This is the arsehole who had the crowd do a round of applause for her rapey old man. This is the c**t who used the 9/11 tribute to moan about attacks on her scum family. This is the c**t who is/was pals with Trump and has photos with him. Her maw is part of the scumbag circus with Trump.

In the video I''ve just posted in the wrestling thread, Steph really doesn't cover herself in glory either.  Pretty fuckin' creepy the whole thing.