Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

39 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

What did he do? (Recently I mean, I don't need a full synopsis of what an arsehole he is)

A recording was recently discovered that was taken shortly after his scumbag son was a car accident in which Hogan expressed worry that, should his son die, he would be reincarnated as a black man as punishment.

1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

Huge, though looks like the end for the Network over here 😕

Showing Raw, Smackdown, NXT and PPV’s. Incredible deal for us over here. Hopefully there will be replays the next day of every show.

That Netflix news is interesting.  If it means that we essentially get the same service that the Network is giving us, plus RAW, Smackdown and NXT, then that will be great.  Means I can drop the Network and keep Netflix, happy days.  I wonder if there's going to be a delay on things though, then the Network still around for live?  Remains to be seen.  No-brainer for WWE though to be able to completely offload the requirement to handle the Network and still have control over their output.  Good deal for Netflix too to have constant new content that people will happily subscribe for alone.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

A recording was recently discovered that was taken shortly after his scumbag son was a car accident in which Hogan expressed worry that, should his son die, he would be reincarnated as a black man as punishment.

Yeah...he just about survived the last one, which you can maybe argue for if he makes it clear it was a different time etc and show some contrition.  He seemingly didn't do that at all, even facing down a number of black wrestlers.  But they still bring him back, because a lot of wrestling fans are happy to separate the art from the artist.  Fair enough for them, I can see their point.  But this adds a few more cases of racism on top of some pretty horrible stuff.  I'm sure they were pretty dismissive of the guy who is now in a coma with serious brain damage because of that accident, and instead wanted to talk about starting up a reality show for the son.

He's a massive part of their history, and fine if you want to retain that without celebrating him, but if I was HHH I'd be getting someone to put a quick note towards Terry and tell him that he's never appearing on anything even tangentially related to WWE ever again.  Let AEW pick him up once they're bored of Flair.  

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Absolutely loved the Punk Rhodes segment. I like that they are going with this as the narrative through the Rumble match itself.

Punk telling Rhodes he's getting the CM Punk road to Mania experience by carrying the company, getting put on the cover of the 2K game then getting smacked aside for a much bigger returning star, only this time, he's in role of the star, was superb.

Gave me Marvel 'What If' vibes watching that. Incredible backstory and circumstances to get them both in that particular ring together. Not too many people could have predicted it a few years ago. Definitely drags in casual fans like myself.

Thought the main event was a bit of a bust. Probably in the minority but I don't really enjoy the R-Truth stuff. I haven't really laughed at wrestling humour since perhaps Santino. In saying that though WWE has raised their game enough to draw me back in. If only AEW could get their shit together, outside the point and laugh drama on social media, then I'd be over the moon with the wrasslin product in 2024.

I've subscibed to the network since it launched over here, but a combination of my declining interest in WWE + the company now being joined at the hip with MAGA UFC arseholes has had me seriously considering ditching it after Mania. There never being a price increase has probably kept me subscribing longer than I would have. Everything going to Netflix might tempt me to stay.

The pundits I listen to seemed to think that Warner Bros or Amazon Prime were the leading candidates for Raw and the Network, so this Netflix thing seems like a bit of surprise. This should also be good news for AEW getting a big increase on their rights with Warner Bros and other streaming platforms now in the mix.

Hopefully Dwayne does a better job at TKO than he managed at the XFL.

49 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Gave me Marvel 'What If' vibes watching that. Incredible backstory and circumstances to get them both in that particular ring together. Not too many people could have predicted it a few years ago. Definitely drags in casual fans like myself.

Thought the main event was a bit of a bust. Probably in the minority but I don't really enjoy the R-Truth stuff. I haven't really laughed at wrestling humour since perhaps Santino. In saying that though WWE has raised their game enough to draw me back in. If only AEW could get their shit together, outside the point and laugh drama on social media, then I'd be over the moon with the wrasslin product in 2024.

Wrestling is at it's absolute best when you cut through all the hokey shite. Punk and Rhodes are two guys who were given hokey shite in the past and have come out of it like megastars.

I love the Truth stuff too. It's kind of the fact it's not just comedy for comedy's sake. I like fact that his presence and Judgement Day's reluctance when it comes to him to give him an utter shoeing and be done with is what's hurting them, and to be honest, it had to be built that way. You need McIntyre as a proper threat to the title if Seth does need to vacate and Preist is already a threat with the case so think it made sense to have him lose but not totally cleanly.

Reminds me a wee bit of 1996 into 1997 when you had 7 or 8 guys all feuding over the title. Bret, Shawn, Sid, Taker, Diesel, Vader and Austin all just wanted to take each other out constantly and it made the title chase seem real.

Again, off the top of my head you have Rollins, Punk, Rhodes, Drew, Priest, Gunther all sniffing about the top of the card chasing the title just now.

34 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Reminds me a wee bit of 1996 into 1997 when you had 7 or 8 guys all feuding over the title. Bret, Shawn, Sid, Taker, Diesel, Vader and Austin all just wanted to take each other out constantly and it made the title chase seem real.

Again, off the top of my head you have Rollins, Punk, Rhodes, Drew, Priest, Gunther all sniffing about the top of the card chasing the title just now.

I think that's the stuff that stands out for me. There's so many options and far more star power than there's been for quite a number of years. Whether it Trips or whoever else, they've built in-house stars which they had failed to previously, and mended bridges to bring in those 'outside the tent'. Personally, it's the first time I've been buzzing for the Royal Rumble since probably 2017 and I reckon the potential here surpasses that one for me. 

Edited by Londonwell

11 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

CM Punk due to make an appearance tonight.

Then off for surgery has he tore his triceps at the Rumble. Projected to be out 4-6 months.

What was it Mox said again?

29 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Then off for surgery has he tore his triceps at the Rumble. Projected to be out 4-6 months.

Seth/Punk not happening at Mania. 

Gunther/Seth it is. 

42 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Fucking knew he'd injured himself. I watched him lying talking to the ref during Rumble and thought he was done in but when he got back up for final flourish I thought he was just selling or gassed.

If he can come back from this one, he needs to be treated as a special attraction and have his appearances limited, and even then it seems like a big risk to both WWE as the paymasters, and Punk as a 45-year-old man who presumably wants to not have a completely fucked body when he finally decides to call it a day.  

Still, at least this time he managed not to turn an injury into an opportunity to set everything on fire at a press conference.   Although maybe having him do that might not have been the worst thing given what actually happened.