Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

20 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

In the video I''ve just posted in the wrestling thread, Steph really doesn't cover herself in glory either.  Pretty fuckin' creepy the whole thing. 

Not seen that. 

Her character back in the day was fine because she wasn't portrayed as some tough badass who emasculated wrestlers with zero comeuppance, even when she was heel.

When that changed she became unbearable.

I recall a moment in the Paul Heyman DVD where she was talking about Heyman being "in our industry", as in her and her family's, but Heyman was involved when she was a toddler. Fucking daft.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Not seen that. 

Her character back in the day was fine because she wasn't portrayed as some tough badass who emasculated wrestlers with zero comeuppance, even when she was heel.

When that changed she became unbearable.

I recall a moment in the Paul Heyman DVD where she was talking about Heyman being "in our industry", as in her and her family's, but Heyman was involved when she was a toddler. Fucking daft.

Some of the shit back in the day actually was pretty fuckin creepy, some of it closer to the bone than realised.

Do agree with the rest too.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Samantha Irvin is shite. 

She struggled to announce Cody as the winner and was lauded for being emotional.

What's wrong with that? She's around them the whole time and maybe just absolutely fucking loves it? Seth looked like he was greetin when he rolled out the ring talking back to Drew, and Cole was quite clearly emotional as well. Wish I cared a fraction as much about my job as they do theirs. 

Just now, Jeff Venom said:

What's wrong with that? She's around them the whole time and maybe just absolutely fucking loves it? Seth looked like he was greetin when he rolled out the ring talking back to Drew, and Cole was quite clearly emotional as well. Wish I cared a fraction as much about my job as they do theirs. 

Her job is to literally clearly announce names. She failed to do that because she got caught up in the emotion of it all.

So she, quite literally, struggled to do her job yet got huge praise for it.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Her job is to literally clearly announce names. She failed to do that because she got caught up in the emotion of it all.

So she, quite literally, struggled to do her job yet got huge praise for it.

In a literal sense, yeah. Still don't see why it's a problem. Helps sell the moment they're trying to get over if anything, it's theatre. 

Just now, Jeff Venom said:

In a literal sense, yeah. Still don't see why it's a problem. Helps sell the moment they're trying to get over if anything, it's theatre. 

It's not a problem, I just think it's shite and she's shite which was the discussion of the previous page.

22 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I thought it was brilliant when her voice faltered a wee bit tbh (whether it was genuine or not). It's not as if you couldn't make out what she was saying. 

Yeah this.

One of my biggest gripes in recent years was that WWE felt so sterile, robotic, everyone had to almost say everything on point all the time.

So I'm not going to get annoyed when someone gets a bit of emotion in them. It was the same through 2022 with Zayn cracking up the Usos and Reigns on the regular. Was it professional? Almost certainly not but it struck a chord with folk because it felt (and was) genuine and people k ow and understand that it's all a show and all theatre, but like to see a wee bit of truth thrown in there now and then.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/10/2012 at 03:03, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

There's plenty of Vinny Savile-esque revelations waiting to come out for when Vince croaks it. Allegedly.

For whatever reason safari sent me to this thread and what must’ve been my last action on it.

Good shout.

On 07/05/2024 at 01:46, Lyle Lanley said:

Punk teasing about being at Clash at the Castle. 

Not gutted about not paying 5 million quid a ticket but i would be gutted not seeing punk again at a PPV this time. Saw him in 2013 at the braehead arena.

• 1 month later...

The Wyatt 6 debut was pure cinema. Seen a lot of folk saying already about how they've took out and seemingly 'killed' 5 folk in major angles in that segment but I am not so sure that step back behind the curtain into 'their' world will be real.

Would be interesting new Monday to see folk like Strowman, Gable, Mysterio etc show up unharmed and unattacked from last week but be aware of what they saw on the footage and be utterly freaked out by both the visual and the intent.

Edited by djchapsticks