Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that a lot of those sales would disappear. There's no guarantee that John Cena as a heel would be a success either. Too much risk, and the potential for not much reward. I'd say given just what he's worth to them at this point, it's possibly the dumbest thing that WWE could do.

I'm thinking that when he packs it in, then before that they'll turn him and give someone a good run against him. Untill then though, he's going to be where he should be. The #1 babyface.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that a lot of those sales would disappear. There's no guarantee that John Cena as a heel would be a success either. Too much risk, and the potential for not much reward. I'd say given just what he's worth to them at this point, it's possibly the dumbest thing that WWE could do.

I'm thinking that when he packs it in, then before that they'll turn him and give someone a good run against him. Untill then though, he's going to be where he should be. The #1 babyface.

Your probably right, but id rather see a more entertaining programme personally.

I don't think I'm being too harsh when I say that R-Truth is not the best rapper.

They seriously need to stop Cesaro doing that yodelling pish. Knowing WWE though they'll probably have him come out in lederhosen with a St Bernards next week. I hate how if you're not American then your gimmick is that you're a national stereotype. Utter w**k. Having him lose to R-Truth is a travesty. Frankly still employing R-Truth is a travesty.

Why does Tensai still bother with the Japanese writing on his face?

I don't think there's anything wrong with Ryback being fed lines. Hopefully it will help him to develop his mic skills. Most of the shit the folk in WWE is heavily scripted anyway.

Nothing is a guarantee though but the great irony is that a proper BAD heel Cena would get bigger pops than face Cena. An absolute evil b*****d monster heel Cena, a no-nonsense arse kicker would sell merch if it looked good. HHH was a massive shifter of tshirts through the all the years that he was the main heel in the company.

The character needs a complete overhaul, it looked like he was getting it last year in his Kane feud when he came out and destroyed someone (Swagger?), the crowd were going mental for him that night, they loved the bad b*****d side of him, but within a couple of weeks when the feud ended, they were back to quirky Cena with his off the cuff shite patter.

Nothing is a guarantee though but the great irony is that a proper BAD heel Cena would get bigger pops than face Cena. An absolute evil b*****d monster heel Cena, a no-nonsense arse kicker would sell merch if it looked good. HHH was a massive shifter of tshirts through the all the years that he was the main heel in the company.

The problem is that there's no one to pick up all those little kiddies sales, that's where Cena excels and there's no other faces that the children really care about as much as Cena. Punk will never relate to them because he's too mature and Orton probably isn't interesting enough to really capture them.

I agree with DomDom though, we won't see him turn heel until he starts to wind down his career and stops being the #1 babyface by such a distance. Not unless someone comes in and starts to really get those sales.

On a side note, did anyone else catch Lawler saying "AJ didn't know there was a front seat of a car until she was 20" or something to that effect? Christ sake, Jerry.

On a side note, did anyone else catch Lawler saying "AJ didn't know there was a front seat of a car until she was 20" or something to that effect? Christ sake, Jerry.

I preferred his, 'My wife used to kiss me on the lips, now it's all over'. Brilliant subtle line that can be taken two ways.

So it looks like another R-Truth push....

Enjoyed Raw mostly, had two good matches in Ziggler/Jericho & the six-man tag. Guessing that we only got two long-ish matches because a lot of bigger names were on the Smackdown tour in Wales at the time.

I'm thinking the Shield to take the Tag Team titles at Extreme Rules, hopefully employing the 'Freebird' rule.

Really think that Antonio Cesaro, Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow deserve something a bit better at the moment.

CM Punk fails as a babyface because he's too moany, cunty and just generally not a good person, even as a babyface. Not because he's too mature. He can excel as a heel and WILL excel as a heel because he's got the perfect character for it.

There was a good chance though for him. A better chance than anyone else at the moment. Has the intensity, has the size and thus can do the "superman" stuff believably. Which for some reason seems to be important.