Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

Yeah he is a lost cause at the moment, I reckon they should pair him and Sheamus up (who is also going nowhere at the moment) and have them as sort of bully boy British/Irish hooligans in a sort of APA type way. Would probably work as faces or heels that sort of team. Plus it would add a credible face tag team to the current roster

I don't think Barrett would be very convincing as a face, he's pretty well suited to being a heel. I quite like the idea of him in a tag team, though I always thought they should do a British angle with him and McIntyre. Now that there's only one set of belts there isn't really much room for expansion in the tag team division though.

Edited by Meathead

I want a Sheamus, Barrett and Drew team with Regal as the manager.

I think Barrett would be alright if they were face, it'd be the type of role like Bradshaw and Farrooq had where their demeanor doesn't really change whether they're heel or face, just who they're facing. They'd just be brawlers. Barrett wouldn't really talk if Regal was the manager anyway. Not sure they can be hanging around drinking pints though, which would complete the image.

I'm hoping that Cena/Maddox are involved in some sort of schenanigans that will lead to Cena screwing DB over and turning heel.

Is it not obvious enough that Orton's going to become McMahon's corporate champion?

In regards to Barrett turning face, we've already had too many heels turning face lately; Punk, Ziggler, Rhodes & Henry is enough for now.

Is it not obvious enough that Orton's going to become McMahon's corporate champion?

In regards to Barrett turning face, we've already had too many heels turning face lately; Punk, Ziggler, Rhodes & Henry is enough for now.

I think someone's definitely going to be a 'corporate' champion. It could be Cena or Bryan but I think it's much more likely to be Orton after cashing in at Summerslam or soon after. His absence from Raw over the past couple of weeks makes me think that it's all the more likely.

Just that sentence makes me fall asleep with the amount of bland in it.

if they were all released tomorrow I don't think many people would care.

Just that sentence makes me fall asleep with the amount of bland in it.

>Regal

>Bland

Pick one.

It doesn't matter if Sheamus and Barrett are a bit bland, they wouldn't need to do much in the way of promos. Just like the APA weren't all about cutting promos, it was about them sitting backstage, drinking and gambling until someone comes by their "office" and says something that they take offense to. Fair enough, Bradshaw developed actual depth to his character but back then, they were all about just being big, tough, bad motherfuckers.

Sheamus, Barrett and McIntyre are bland. The manager being the best thing about them by a distance would do no good at all.

And the difference with the APA is that they looked and spoke like proper badasses.

Sheamus, Barrett and McIntyre are bland. The manager being the best thing about them by a distance would do no good at all.

And the difference with the APA is that they looked and spoke like proper badasses.

McIntyre probably wouldn't be in it given he's not really the brawling type.

And Sheamus and Barrett don't? They're always going on about Barrett's bare knuckle boxing stuff (I don't know if it's true or not but the character certainly has it) and Sheamus' moveset is very physical.

It's not as if I'm trying to repackage Santino as a badass, Sheamus and Barrett already have the attributes to be that kind of tag team.

Aye I'm with Forehead, both are already 'bully' sort of characters. We all know that both are pretty decent in the ring when they are in the right sort of match, they are just dull as dishwasher characters at the moment. Neither of them need totally repackaged, but pairing them up and embracing their bully boy/brawler characters as a team would work I think

The problem with Barrett is that they push him as this badass, but outside of the odd punch, he hasn't got that aggression. If they gave someone like Del Rio that sort of gimmick, he'd be amazing.

Sheamus showed promise in that side of things in his total war with Del Rio last week though. So maybe.