Smackdown Thread

Non spolier card for tonight.

FANNNNDANNNGOOOO VS SANTINO MARELLA

KOFI KINGSTON VS WADE BARRETT

ALBERTO DEL RIO VS JACK SWAGGER

EPICO, PRIMO AND ROSA VS HORNSWAGGLE, KHALI AND NATAYLA

RANDY ORTON AND SHEAMUS VS BIG SHOW AND MARK HENRY

Not a terrible Smackdown, I quite enjoyed both Barrett/Kofi and Swagger/Del Rio. Why is Sheamus/Orton vs Show/Henry the main event though? I don't like it but can understand when stuff like Cena/Lesnar takes priority over the WWE title, both on Raws and on PPVs etc but f**k sake, at least give the WHC the fucking ending place on Smackdown.

I thought Smackdown was excellent last night. Very short, but Del Rio/Swagger was good, Sheamus/Big Show and Henry/Orton were pretty decent and Ambrose/Taker was fantastic. Barrett/Regal was pretty disappointing because it was such a squash, I would've loved to see them go for longer.

I presume the reason for Ziggler being absent is the same as the reason they gave for Hell No; that they're on the Raw European tour. Makes sense that the WHC would be on the Raw tour and not bother turning up to Smackdown...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm finding smackdown much more enjoyable than raw in the last month or so. Not sure why but they seem to fight more, talk less and the episodes are shorter.

It's good the shield getting singles matches now and Daniel Bryan has been brilliant to watch recently as well

I'm finding smackdown much more enjoyable than raw in the last month or so. Not sure why but they seem to fight more, talk less and the episodes are shorter.

It's good the shield getting singles matches now and Daniel Bryan has been brilliant to watch recently as well

I have to agree that it's been quite enjoytable the last couple of weeks, mostly filled with wrestling matches and a lot less commercial breaks than Raw Interesting ending with Orton's RKO to Daniel Bryan. Bryan is getting a great reaction from the crowd these days, I think his all guns blazing approach in the ring has definitely helped. He definitely looks a future champion in the making.. I'd like to see him involved in WWE or WHC picture soon but having extremlely bad luck or being constantly cheated out of the gold, as I reckon the perfect place for him to capture one of the big belts would be Wrestlemania. The crowd would be buzzing for that similar to when Eddie or that other wrestler who shall remain nameless won it on the same year

Also think this would be the perfect time for Orton to return to his natural gimmick as the psychotic heel.

Have to agree with the previous sentiments, I'm enjoying Smackdown a lot more than Raw at the moment. Really looking forward to seeing what they do with Orton now, not sure how they could actually keep him as a face after that. Bryan is absolutely fantastic, easily the most over person in WWE right now. I'd like to see him in a long-running feud for the WWE title with Punk but since that would take a while to set up, a feud with Ziggler for the WHC would be good in the meantime.

As an aside, Smackdown also has good theme music.

I'm not sure which I rate better. I don't think Smackdown will have less adverts per showtime, it's only because it's an hour less so you've 4 less ad breaks to worry about.

Smackdown does seem to have less non-match stuff, although those segments with Sandow and Sheamus continue to be pretty great.

I still get ridiculously frustrated at the fake crowd noises though, it's so infuriating. I don't think I noticed it too bad this week but I missed the first 30 minutes or so - it's easy to tell with guys like Curtis Axel who are getting booed to f**k on Smackdown despite not being nearly over enough.

It's a tough one with Bryan. He clearly deserves a title shot soon but Ziggler's been out for pretty much all of his title run and Cena ain't dropping it any time soon, I don't want him to get a title shot and lose it but I don't want him floundering in the midcard as it'd be a waste. But I suppose it could be a couple month feud with Ziggler, maybe exchanging title wins to extend it. If Orton turns then there ain't many faces for Ziggler to face since Del Rio will have been recently dispatched. Bryan, Sheamus and Jericho are the only ones I can think of. Jericho will probably be touring soon too so he's only really got Bryan and Sheamus to feud with.

I've not watched it, but what the f**k. On Smackdown? Utter madness.

I'm glad it went to Daniel Bryan, obviously, but weird decision to drop it (although they've been skirting round the issue by having them lose by DQ and individually for a while) on both on free tv and on Smackdown.

• 2 weeks later...