Walking Down The Halbeath Road

9 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

He never looks like he is going to save anything at all. More flappers than a 20's Jazz club. 

Got to hope Murdoch gets back very soon. 

He actively dives in a way giving him little chance of getting the ball

7 hours ago, Shooboax said:

AJ has stated that he think top four is a reasonable ambition for the club. Good luck with that.

Johnston hasn't proved his managerial capabilities above League 1 yet. Statements like that are just making a rod for his own back.

1 hour ago, trainspotter said:

Johnston hasn't proved his managerial capabilities above League 1 yet. Statements like that are just making a rod for his own back.

That's what I meant by 'Good luck with that'

The whole managerial set up and the team have to prove their worth at this level.

I'd love to see us in the top 4 come the end of the season but I think it's unlikely. Hope I'm proved wrong of course.

14 hours ago, trainspotter said:

Except when he was Kilmarnock manager.

21 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

It's only the central striking role that concerns me - hopefully Faissal gets sick of turning out for Blackburn's u-23s but if not, Reilly or Moff need to step up (unless AJ) unearths a gem. 

I reckon someone like Michael Higdon would be ideal for us.

Currently a free agent, has a good scoring record up here and played in the same Motherwell side as Higginbotham.

1 hour ago, Parscelona said:

I reckon someone like Michael Higdon would be ideal for us.

Currently a free agent, has a good scoring record up here and played in the same Motherwell side as Higginbotham.

Doubt we'd be able to afford him, although it'd be a cracking signing. 

So, how are we all feeling ahead of the Dumbarton game on Saturday. Yesterday's match was the only League Cup match I got to see and we were quite poor and created absolutely nothing. Thought Talbot and Wedderburn did alright but no one was impressive. Moffat looked totally lost but he didn't get a lick of service. Spence and McMullan fought very hard for most anonymous performance. It was a grim watch.

Now, Dumbarton at home is an easier game on paper but they've not survived in this league for years on a fluke. They've beaten better sides than ourselves but I really think we need to get off to a good start, especially Hibs and Rovers away to come next. The sooner we get back Murdoch, Williamson and Geggan back into the starting XI, the better. Having to rely on the Under 20 guys has relegation battle written all over it.

I have faith we'll play much better at the weekend. Obvious issues need addressed but it's very early doors still.

We need an actual second striker as Moffat is never going to be effective on his own or with a support striker playing off him. It's a shame Paton never got any game time despite being on the bench the last two games as I'd feel a lot better with him on the right than McCabe (I'd rather anyone that McCabe in that position though to be fair). Geggan being back will be a big plus for us too. Hopefully a solid win in front of a decent crowd before two tough away games. 

I am concerned about our injury list. Paton, Reilly and Murdoch all out already, Wedderburn and McCabe off injured yesterday. It will take a while to get Fordyce & Paton back playing and fully match fit. 

If we end up having to play Spence & Hutton in too many games we will struggle badly and end up in the bottom 3.  

If Reilly and Wedderburn are fit for Saturday. I will feel more confident about the result, but still have the option of a clagner from the goalie. 

I'll still go because I enjoy a trip to Starks. Will be hesitant for the second game if it's £20 again though. 

Last seasons games against Hibs and Rangers were all £20 and all ticket.

I would assume it'll be the same this season with The Pars. Hazards of being a big team.