Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I want Geggan to stay forever. The kind of player you want to see have a testimonial at your club.

The handsome fucker.

Pleased about Morris. I think alongside Ashcroft he will play to his strengths. Talbot I would be happy about, Geggan not sure although he is always going to be a bit of a legend. I don't want him to end up like Josh. But sometimes you need to make tough calls.

Clark was on a 2 year deal anyway but Murdoch, Wedderburn, Ashcroft and Morris signing is an excellent statement of intent and should make it a wee bit easier for AJ to attract other players when you look at the core of the team.
I think AJ will re-sign Higgy. I'm not mad keen on him but it's clear AJ is a fan and he has at least learned how to convert penalties. McCabe is a hidden gem IMO - if he progresses the way he has done from playing alongside Big Nat he could be a really outstanding player.
I wouldn't be surprised if Fordyce, Moff and maybe even Geggan and Talbot were in AJ's "maybe" pile. After a shaky start I think they have all been excellent but I don't know if any of them are better than our final league position. 5th, maybe 4th place at a push Championship players when they're at their best. Wouldn't fault any of them - they all have their limitations as players but were playing to the best of their ability. Who'd have thought back in August or September that Geggan and Talbot would look like a very competent pair of fullbacks? Moff could be kept in cold storage and just brought out to sink Morton four times a year. I'd expect Geggan and Talbot to sign anyway.
The biggest challenge for AJ is to find someone to fill Reilly's boots. How do we begin to replace such a mercurial talent?

We should be entitled to a few million for developing Reilly when he makes his inevitable move to Real or Barca.

Absolutely delighted at Morris' signing. That's the calibre of player you need for a promotion push. Murdoch, Ashcroft and Morris is a solid defensive core. 

Very surprised no other clubs were sniffing around Morris, he has the experience and with us he got a lot of game time to show he still has it.

Very happy with the players signed on for next season so far! If we're able to keep Higgy then I'll be over the moon!

Edited by Tactical Bob36

26 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Worrying lack of definitive news on Reilly so far.

Does there need to be news on Dunfermline's part it was a season long loan which has run its course that's the end of it as far as we are concerned, would be surprised if he was being kept on at hearts next year.

9 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Does there need to be news on Dunfermline's part it was a season long loan which has run its course that's the end of it as far as we are concerned, would be surprised if he was being kept on at hearts next year.

I just want to read something in black and white that he's now working in a chippy or in a bank and definitely not coming back.