Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

That song was sung loudly as we were leaving your ground after the first derby last season. Just because you didn't hear it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Every fanbase has their idiotic element. Surely you know this?

Lies

6 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

allow the existence, occurrence, or practice of (something that one dislikes or disagrees with) without interference.

I must have dreamt that statement. 

2 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

So we should be expecting lifetime bans for all those involved in the chanting then eh? 

If they're identified, I'd like to see action taken against them, yes. 

3 minutes ago, smpar said:

If they're identified, I'd like to see action taken against them, yes. 

If I was a Pars fan I'd be thinking to myself 'at least its not racist abuse', 'or spitting on a female volunteer at the club' like against Falkirk last season.

Then I read the statement, foul, abusive, threatening and intimidating language directed towards children and homophobic chants during the game.

What the f**k is going on a Dunfermline?

There seems to be a chairman's statement every couple of months calling out Dunfermline supporters.

RR#1 showing Sevco/Celtic levels of denial and whataboutery here.

6 minutes ago, ka202 said:

If I was a Pars fan I'd be thinking to myself 'at least its not racist abuse', 'or spitting on a female volunteer at the club' like against Falkirk last season.

Then I read the statement, foul, abusive, threatening and intimidating language directed towards children and homophobic chants during the game.

There seems to be a chairman's statement every couple of months calling out Dunfermline supporters.

Same group of fannies being fannies is my guess (I hardly ever go to home games which is I say guess). Despite your attempts here and previously to make out that there is some sort of huge problem with all Pars fans, it's about 30 or so folk from what I hear, and given the club have over 3000 season ticket holders, that's not even 1% of all home fans.

The issue appears to be with the same group of folk, as the previous statements were all about that area of the NW stand.

Anyone want to actually come on here and defend their partaking in these chants? It's all rather pathetic, singing calling someone gay? THAT is your idea of atmosphere? I've been told some were trying to defend themselves saying that the old chants are boring?! What utter cretiny.

And as for calls for the chairman to stand down, laughable stuff from seemably brain-dead morons.

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Anyone want to actually come on here and defend their partaking in these chants? It's all rather pathetic, singing calling someone gay? THAT is your idea of atmosphere? I've been told some were trying to defend themselves saying that the old chants are boring?! What utter cretiny.

And as for calls for the chairman to stand down, laughable stuff from seemably brain-dead morons.

Some people seem to think he's just hungry for the publicity. :lol: 

34 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

Glad we have pashionate fans that luv The Pars and support the team! So what if it's not PC? Brexit can't come soon enough tbh. 

Remoaners must accept we voted to leave the EU.

#crushthesaboteurs #dailymail

Just now, smpar said:

Some people seem to think he's just hungry for the publicity. :lol: 

I urge these people to meet with Ross then. I don't pretend to know him at all, but having met him with some help with my dissertation a couple of years back, he definitely does NOT come across as such.

Our club are actively engaging and nothing will be swept away under the carpet as things stand, I'm happy with that. Maybe these same people should read the club's mission statement, or equivalent.

Think it's more that our chairman and board don't ever want to be see to brush things under the carpet and for better or worse (and clearly this is worse for the standing of the club) he has decided to answer in pubic any letters the club has received in private. Which is admirable really. Imagine if Sevco or Celtic had a chairman that called out their own fans when they did something wrong and not just praising when something goes well (like "only" having a few arrests at a game!). Imagine if every club was so open and honest.

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

I urge these people to meet with Ross then. I don't pretend to know him at all, but having met him with some help with my dissertation a couple of years back, he definitely does NOT come across as such.

Our club are actively engaging and nothing will be swept away under the carpet as things stand, I'm happy with that. Maybe these same people should read the club's mission statement, or equivalent.

That would be great. I'm sure McArthur is generally very pleased with their support; he'll be chuffed that there's a group of fans who try to get a bit of an atmosphere going, but they should know that certain things just aren't acceptable. 

2 hours ago, RR #1 said:

Obviously it is tolerated or the perpetrators would be shouted down, drowned out and hounded from the stadium. You're even moaning yourself about your fellow pars condoning this sickening chanting so please explain to me how you can say it's not tolerated. 

No songs or chants featuring any bigoted,  or racist words have been heard from the home support in my 30 years attending starks park. 

It quite clearly is or it wouldn't happen. 

I’ve heard the mentioned song a couple times at both away and at Starks Park, ive been going regularly for the past 16 years.  Add to that there have been some really poor shouts in recent years relating to female lineswoman, a shout towards a black Falkirk player and just a couple of months ago to a disabled Dundee Utd fan.

Theres no point at all trying to point score here – both clubs have elements, no matter how small, of utter idiots in their support. 

37 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

yu6A83.gif