Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Heard from a really good source we’ve signed Morris on a two year deal. Any good?

I heard from a really good source source that Louis Longridge turned down a new contract at Falkirk, to sign for a big team. Morris is ambitious and won’t take a step backwards. Nice try though.

5 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I heard from a really good source source that Louis Longridge turned down a new contract at Falkirk, to sign for a big team. Morris is ambitious and won’t take a step backwards. Nice try though.

Didnt fancy warming the bench for us so moved to a side where hed get a game every week its as simple as that. Did a job for us when there wasnt many players available but at the end off the day hes a forward who has scored 23 goals in 171 appearances so we're not too bothered he's away.

8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Didnt fancy warming the bench for us so moved to a side where hed get a game every week its as simple as that. Did a job for us when there wasnt many players available but at the end off the day hes a forward who has scored 23 goals in 171 appearances so we're not too bothered he's away.

60 words of not botheredness. 

Morris never recovered from this imo.

He makes several blunders that cost goals every season. No point being a great footballer and athletic if you do that. Flatters to deceive and hopefully now the captaincy will go to someone who leads by example like Ashcroft.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

So every one of those games were as an out and out striker? 

Aye cause only out and out strikers should be scoring goals. Hes never hit double figures in any season in his entire career.  He got 6 for us last season but 3 were in one game. A half decent attacking player should be getting 10 to 15 every season at least.  Hes very similar to higginbottom if you ask me in that his best position is probably number 10 and hes mince out wide. Lack of end product is why we didnt make much of an effort to hold on to him and he was only going to be a squad player.

Agree with the calls to give the armband to Player of the Year/Best Defender In the League/All Round Good Guy Lee Ashcroft.

Disappointed to see Morris leave but understandable that he wants to try his luck down south. Hopefully this wasn't a Derek Stillie-esque excuse...

I like the signing of Jackson Longridge. Think he's a better option at left back than Talbot, who I liked a lot. Louis? Not so sure about him as a regular starter but more than happy to have him as part of the squad.

As Grant rightly points out, this is now a *massive* summer rebuild, with several regular first teamers leaving the club. A big ask for AJ to replace them all with equal or better quality and then manage another season of progression. Right now, I think another top four finish would be an excellent effort.

Also, glorious to see the Falkirk fans are still hurting after the Sibbald departure. This could easily last for months.

16 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

. A half decent attacking player should be getting 10 to 15 every season at least.  

Barely a handful of players got that total last season in the league, Longridge will primarily be in the team to provide. 

19 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Barely a handful of players got that total last season in the league, Longridge will primarily be in the team to provide. 

Hes nowt special at that either. If hes been signed as a squad player then fair enough as your obviously willing to pay more  for him  to do that than we were.

4 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:
4 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:
Morris never recovered from this imo.

He makes several blunders that cost goals every season. No point being a great footballer and athletic if you do that. Flatters to deceive and hopefully now the captaincy will go to someone who leads by example like Ashcroft.

You tried this absolute nonsense already in the thread for the Hamilton game and were roundly shown to be talking out your arse.

I believe you had some cringey nickname for him back then also.

He was a massive part of the best defence in the league and probably in the top 2 centre-backs alongside Ashcroft. He cost no more goals than would be expected for someone playing such a crucial position. 

The fact that he has left doesn't mean he is suddenly shite (Falkirk fans take not here also).

Aside from missing a tackle in the playoffs, plays collate all of the "several" goals he has cost us this season. We have highlights of every single match and considering he's such an eroor prone bombscare of a defender I'm sure it won't take you long at all to find plenty of examples.

Alternatively, sit down, shut yer pus and stop talking pish.