Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I was a fan of Morris when he was at United. Very solid, no nonsense defender. Let down by his injury record and being hung out to dry at left back at the end where unsurprisingly he looked like a fish on a bicycle. Bit of a thug but I'd take that as a definite plus for a centre half.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Who gives a f**k if they're decent?

My worry is that they're not, at least not decent enough to be title contenders. 

I'm actually quite wary that there's a good chance we won't make the playoffs. 

19 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Yep I keep a diary right enough. Also want to spend an entire sat night trying to find them. I said several a season. He cost us three points at Morton completely needlessly that's enough for me.

You do realise Ashcroft has cost us more points than Morris this season?

How's your opinions on Williamson doing btw?

Should we still try to sign Moffat?

6 hours ago, CallumPar said:

I heard from a really good source source that Louis Longridge turned down a new contract at Falkirk, to sign for a big team. Morris is ambitious and won’t take a step backwards. Nice try though.

Nope, he found a daftie wee team to pay him money he isn't worth, fair play tho only a one year contract

4 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Ashcroft should be captain now.

I imagine we'll use L Longridge as a winger. 

Please do....

Blow him not resigning. 

Big part of the Pars defence last season. He's bit too casual at times but overall a stalwart in defence.

Big loss.

I'm just flicking through. Looks like the same old rhetoric of Falkirk fans claiming every player leaving Falkirk to go elsewhere is murder.

Morris exploring options in England is a blow. At the age where he needs to now or it probably won't happen for him, hope he does well.

Seen Jackson Longridge play a few times and fairly pleased with him signing. I don't know much about Louis Longridge, but about as much as I knew about Declan McManus a year ago, so who knows.

Interested to see AJ's solution to replacing Clark. Is there any need to? Can Smith or Ryan fill the gap?

1 hour ago, ShaggysBeard said:

I'm just flicking through. Looks like the same old rhetoric of Falkirk fans claiming every player leaving Falkirk to go elsewhere is murder.

Except no Falkirk fan has claimed him to be murder, rather a player of reasonable ability who will display that ability one game in every four or five and is largely ineffectual the remainder of the time. Hartley offered him a deal, he turned it down and signed for Dunfermline. You'll struggle to find a Falkirk fan who gives the slightest toss, he simply did not make enough of an impact for anyone to care, but good luck to him anyway.

44 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Except no Falkirk fan has claimed him to be murder, rather a player of reasonable ability who will display that ability one game in every four or five and is largely ineffectual the remainder of the time. Hartley offered him a deal, he turned it down and signed for Dunfermline. You'll struggle to find a Falkirk fan who gives the slightest toss, he simply did not make enough of an impact for anyone to care, but good luck to him anyway.

You seem to care tbh.

Louis has one good game a month, hopefully you guys play him from the start when he does, or it's a wasted appearance. He can be good, or very good, but  lot of the time he is indifferent to what seems to be going on. He had some great games, but was invisible for the rest of them. That may have been just us being Falkirk, but you feel if he was capable of being consistent, he'd still be in the prem.

What's the deal with his brother, I thought he'd have been going up with Livi? Has he fallen out with their board, are you guys paying him a small fortune, or has he just shat the bed at the thought of playing at a higher level.

Longridge will never get pelters from me (apart from standard level for an opposition player) for the following reasons.

He provided some real classy moments in a season of turgid shite.

He scored a few goals for us in a season of turgid shite.

He hilariously ripped the utter pish out of Utd and Tam Scobbie in particular.

He tried like an absolute bear every week when we were toiling like f**k and clearly cared when we were paying to watch shitebags like Craigen steal a wage.

All of that said, the comments of most Bairns fans are on the money. Inconsistency and decision making are what lets him down and why he wasnt kept on as our main forward. He has real talent and will provide some out yer seat moments. Sometimes his feet are mesmerising, but then he wont lift his fucking head and play the blatanly obvious pass.

My favourite thing about him is when he utterly telegraphs cutting inside and curling a shot in to the far post, but somehow defenders dont see it coming.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

My favourite thing about him is when he utterly telegraphs cutting inside and curling a shot in to the far post, but somehow defenders dont see it coming.

That’s no bad thing. Joe Cardle has made a career out of it.

Ride any winners?

Just now, Bairnardo said:
1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:
That’s no bad thing. Joe Cardle has made a career out of it.
Ride any winners?

4 out of 6 mate. Free day oot.

Wonderful. Going next month. I’ve got a special knack of picking nags that race ahead then finish second, very much like Falkirk used to before you became hilariously terrible.