Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Not that it means much now, but last season you tried to get Scott Bain on loan. It's just came to light because he said he didn't feel he should have to drop down a division.

Probably before we signed Robinson. He kept 11 clean sheets out 18* so it ended up alright for both parties.

*I think

20 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

Louis has one good game a month, hopefully you guys play him from the start when he does, or it's a wasted appearance. He can be good, or very good, but  lot of the time he is indifferent to what seems to be going on. He had some great games, but was invisible for the rest of them. That may have been just us being Falkirk, but you feel if he was capable of being consistent, he'd still be in the prem.

What's the deal with his brother, I thought he'd have been going up with Livi? Has he fallen out with their board, are you guys paying him a small fortune, or has he just shat the bed at the thought of playing at a higher level.

Heard similar stories about McManus and Aird who both turned out to be excellent players who were just under pish management.

16 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Morris joins top European side Harrogate town. Sixth league in England.

After a quick google search, you clearly just read a thread title from .net and didn't bother delving any further than that.

Stay off of there and you might not post such and endless wall of inane shite.

I'll rephrase that for you them. If he was any cop at all, he wouldn't have spent the last two years of his Hamilton contract out on loan. And then wouldn't have gone from one un-promatable team to another. But sure, maybe its just the last three managers he's played under that have been shite.

36 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

I'll rephrase that for you them. If he was any cop at all, he wouldn't have spent the last two years of his Hamilton contract out on loan. And then wouldn't have gone from one un-promatable team to another. But sure, maybe its just the last three managers he's played under that have been shite.

Houston, Canning and Hartley?

I'll take shite managers for 100 Alex.

Houston, Canning and Hartley?
I'll take shite managers for 100 Alex.
He was on loan at raith too, so that makes four. It'll be five when AJ fails to get anything out him. Wonder if it'll be long ridges fault at that point?

AJ has a good habit of getting more out of average players than other managers. McManus, Wedderburn, Mvoto, Vincent and Robinson to name a few. I've no idea about the Long ridge brothers but I'm sure they'll be decent at worst.

Some truly desperate patter from Messiah here. Not one Falkirk fan has anything bad to say about Louis. Just pointing out his shortcomings. There was no clamour to keep him at Falkirk, nor were Hamilton fans arsed when he left. He gives 100% and occasionally it really works well. When it doesnt he can be wasteful or anonymous. However, had we kept him on, none of us would have complained about it, but we would have been looking for better to start ahead of him most weeks if we want to be at the level required for promotion.

Probably best reflected in the fact that he has moved down a division then moved sideways.

Being genuine for a second despite how it may sound, and I have said this before. AJs signings are often eerily similar to Houstons. Easy options from the same division, and as much as I wasn't one for slagging Houston off, that policy eventually gave us that season past and it was fucking garbage.

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Some truly desperate patter from Messiah here. Not one Falkirk fan has anything bad to say about Louis. Just pointing out his shortcomings. There was no clamour to keep him at Falkirk, nor were Hamilton fans arsed when he left. He gives 100% and occasionally it really works well. When it doesnt he can be wasteful or anonymous. However, had we kept him on, none of us would have complained about it, but we would have been looking for better to start ahead of him most weeks if we want to be at the level required for promotion.

Probably best reflected in the fact that he has moved down a division then moved sideways.

Being genuine for a second despite how it may sound, and I have said this before. AJs signings are often eerily similar to Houstons. Easy options from the same division, and as much as I wasn't one for slagging Houston off, that policy eventually gave us that season past and it was fucking garbage.

Looking too hard for comparisons whilst attempting to sound reasonable.

Get back to being obtuse and sarcastic, suits you better M8

16 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

Rumours of Declan McManus signing for County? What is he like? I noticed he won POTY.

I've never seen a striker cover so much ground at this level. The defensive work he does high up the pitch is incredible. He won POTY while only scoring 7 league goals. That tells a story about his game.

If the rumours are true it will be a blow to Dunfermline, especially losing him to direct competition.

22 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Morris joins top European side Harrogate town. Sixth league in England.

Fantastic bit of fully researched info there. Excellent work.

Edited by da_no_1

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I agree that the policy appears to be similar to Houston's but as it has been mentioned, AJ has signed players who came with - at best - below average expectations. Aird, McManus, M'voto, Craigen, Nat, Robinson and Vincent have all performed better than expected. Whether that's down to AJ or not, I don't know.

1 hour ago, staggy4life said:

Rumours of Declan McManus signing for County? What is he like? I noticed he won POTY.

Paws aff, c**t. 

57 minutes ago, smpar said:

I agree that the policy appears to be similar to Houston's but as it has been mentioned, AJ has signed players who came with - at best - below average expectations. Aird, McManus, M'voto, Craigen, Nat, Robinson and Vincent have all performed better than expected. Whether that's down to AJ or not, I don't know.

Although he also brought in Beadling and Armstrong.

2 hours ago, staggy4life said:

I'm not as taken with him as everyone else seems to be. For all that he had an absolutely incredible work rate, and it is incredible. He just doesn't contribute enough for me, he needs someone beside him scoring regularly to take the spotlight away from the fact that he simply score enough. Fans will always lap up anyone who runs around allot, and when the votes were getting taken for the Poty it was before we went on a bit of a winning run towards the end and made the playoffs, by the end of the season McManus had been dropped such was his goal draught. 

I genuinely wouldn't be bothered if he left, and I wouldn't think he was a title winning calibre player, but then I thought that of Gavin Reilly... 

1 hour ago, smpar said:

Paws aff, c**t. 

Some teams want players that can get them better than 4th though.