Walking Down The Halbeath Road

6 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Is he any good?

Gives 100% every match but doesn't score as much as he should. Will be a loss though for us as, although he didn't score an awful lot, he caused defences all sorts of bother and created space for players to run in to. Was also quite good at beating the offside trap. 

Won the fans' POTY probably due to that commitment he showed every game. 

Just now, smpar said:

Losing Clark, Aird, Morris and McManus is not ideal IMO.

Aird will turn out to be a flash in the pan, Morris isn't as good as people make out and McManus didn't score very many goals.

Although I think McManus is replaceable, we'll miss his determination. Clark is the biggest loss as 15+ a season strikers are hard to come by.

Not ideal, I agree, but definitely replaceable. 

Now that most of the wasters are gone it clears the way for a proper striker. The kind who scores 30 a season from open play. The kind who looks good frolicking about in Speedos with his mates in St Tropez.

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Now that most of the wasters are gone it clears the way for a proper striker. The kind who scores 30 a season from open play. The kind who looks good frolicking about in Speedos with his mates in St Tropez.

You mean Bartosz Tarachulski?

12 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Losing our best players to league rivals is hard to take. Huge overhaul of squad now. AJ should have walked last season.

Handling it well as ever.

This parachute stuff is a nonsense it's meant to help pay contracts already in place to soften the drop and avoid clubs ending up in peril. Not so that you can cherry pick the best players from the league you're dropping into. Although no point complaining as it will never be changed. I'm hurting about Declan, can ye tell?

3 minutes ago, JFPar said:

I'm certain Faiss would be quite happy to never play for the Pars again. However, if we haven't at least made an enquiry I'd be disappointed.

Don't be

21 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Losing our best players to league rivals is hard to take. Huge overhaul of squad now. AJ should have walked last season.

Are you suggesting that losing those players is the manager's fault?

I'm not particularly concerned about any player in particular leaving but given the amount that are moving (and to teams in the same league) I do wonder if there is a concern among the players that they needed to move to have a greater chance of getting promoted - it could all be money and length of contract etc. but I'd have expected at least one of them to sign on for next season.

Never mind, there should be a nice wedge available for wages now as I'd imagine Aird, Clark and Morris were among the higher earners. 

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Are you suggesting that losing those players is the manager's fault?

As a neutral reads that the manager can't be happy with half his first team going off to rivals?

We simply can't compete with the wages Dundee United and Ross County can offer.

Not a difficult one to get, but folk are still getting raging about it. I'm just waiting on folk saying that we should be getting credit facilities and to 'push the boat out' and that we have to 'speculate to accumulate'. Seems that some of our fanbase still can't grasp the financial reality of our club.

2 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

As a neutral reads that the manager can't be happy with half his first team going off to rivals?

Eh? Of course the manager won't be happy, but my question was if he thought it was the manager's fault.

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

Could be that they don't like him as well as money situations?
It's possible.

It's possible that if my Mum had been born with a cock and balls I'd have two Da's, what's your point?