Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

When we signed Higgy you didn't have Falkirk fans panning him, due to him not playing for four years, he came with mixed reviews from Partick and Killie fans who said he had good performances in him. Aird was panned but then he came with a good pedigree, anyone watching him for Canada against Scotland would know the potential was there. 

Rovers fan said M'voto was shite but then he also won there POTY, they weren't complimentary about McManus but then we'd seen him do well at Morton who were fairly complimentary about him as a player. 

Daniel Devine though? Nah. The only reason I know of his existence is due to how much Partick fans were panning him. 

I may be wrong but I think the main slating of Aird from Falkirk fans was because he's a bigoted wee *** not because of his ability.

3 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Pars fans wanting a summary of opinions over the last 2 years can go to the Thistle thread on this forum and search for his surname. I will warn you it's not overwhelmingly positive... 

This could be one of those situations where a player is terrible for 2 clubs then it clicks and he's brilliant. But I wouldn't be betting the house on that. 

Can only assume nobody at Dunfermline watched the first leg of the playoff anyway. 

Happens a lot, the amount of good forwards Falkirk have sold who've pretty much never kicked a ball again could fill a book. The only problem i ever had with Aird is that he always gave the impression he was only turning up to use the training facilities. Higgy is a tattooed bellend, as most people who've met him will happily tell you, not a bad player though. Still, only time will tell. If they fancy it and settle in quickly then who knows. If they start badly and get the fans on their backs, those 2 year contracts could come back to haunt you. Mind you, at least you filthy filthy scumbags are signing players :whistle

25 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Fans of other clubs tell us our signings are shite. I'm shocked.

I agree that this happens a lot on P&B, and I thought the exact same when Inverness fans were on our thread saying the same sort of stuff. We gave him the benefit of the doubt, and he actually looked decent for the first wee while. He soon turned into an utter disaster, though; a total bombscare who was solely responsible for at least 10 of our goals conceded last season.

For example, currently we’re slagging Hearts for signing Ryan Edwards, but he was generally pretty well liked by most Thistle fans for most of his spell with us. Nobody has really ever liked or rated Danny Devine.

I’ll try to be positive - he might be ok at this level. His disastrous spells with us and Caley have come in the top flight and he might be fine stepping down a level. But I wouldn’t hold out much hope.

I watched both legs of the play-off final and Devine was probably the worst player on the pitch in both games. He looked utterly horrific.

Of course, that doesn't mean he isn't capable of something better but that's an atrocious signing on paper and the two-year deal makes it even worse. The good thing is, he'll come in with such low expectations from the fans that he almost can't possibly disappoint.

Durnan? Not a lot better from what I've seen tbh. Would be happy to be proven massively wrong but deeply unimpressed with that double signing.

I'm OK with Durnan, he was rated very highly by Queen of the South fans and there has been periods from Utd fans where they've said he's played well, Coll Donaldson was considered a worse player and he's went to Inverness and done really well. Play him next to Ashcroft and I think we'll be OK tbh. 

Devine will be backup on lower wages than M'voto I'd imagine. 

Lewis Martin and Durnan will be ahead of Devine in the pecking order. I'm fine with that as Lewis was playing really well at the close season and Durnan should be competent enough to play alongside Ashcroft. 

I watched both legs of the play-off final and Devine was probably the worst player on the pitch in both games. He looked utterly horrific.
Of course, that doesn't mean he isn't capable of something better but that's an atrocious signing on paper and the two-year deal makes it even worse. The good thing is, he'll come in with such low expectations from the fans that he almost can't possibly disappoint.
Durnan? Not a lot better from what I've seen tbh. Would be happy to be proven massively wrong but deeply unimpressed with that double signing.

i watched both play off games and I can tell you Durnan Is a far better signing than Devine.

Durnan Is a pretty solid centre back for this league and he will chip In with a couple of goals as well. He was the last player Jackie Mac signed for us and he was one of the highest earners at the club still on SPL wages so It was time for him to move on.

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I'm OK with Durnan, he was rated very highly by Queen of the South fans and there has been periods from Utd fans where they've said he's played well, Coll Donaldson was considered a worse player and he's went to Inverness and done really well. Play him next to Ashcroft and I think we'll be OK tbh. 

Devine will be backup on lower wages than M'voto I'd imagine. 

I can't see Devine being on lower wages than M'Voto. Devine was a regular at a top flight club last season, M'Voto was released by/leaving newly relegated Raith Rovers. I'd imagine Devine would command a higher wage to be honest.

Edited by Kyle

Gavin Reilly was in the very elite bracket of shite players strikers - easily on a Par with dross like Jamie Mole. Yet he left us and picked up a league winner medal and was in the team of the year last season. 

Archie guided Thistle to relegation at the hands of a team who failed to beat us in 4 attempts lag season so let’s just see what happens. Excuse me if I don’t get too excited either way. 

8 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I can't see Devine being on lower wages than M'Voto. Devine was a regular at a top flight club last season, M'Voto was released by/leaving newly relegated Raith Rovers. I'd imagine Devine would command a higher wage to be honest.

M'Voto was Raiths top earner, offering him a big enough wage to relocate from England, and had just won their POTY. 

The duty rumour which is plausible was that he was on £800+ per week. 

And while Devine has been at premier week clubs, he's been absolutely panned and released by one of them for being shite, he's not going to be able to command that sort off wage. 

Edited by Grant228