Walking Down The Halbeath Road

What do you expect us to do when we announce new signings, just be like "aw nice" and that be the end of it? No, we share our opinions of said player based on what we've seen up until now. There probably will be a few coming in that on the surface seem shite. Some might go on to play well and no, that doesn't mean we were all wrong. It means that the players have taken it upon themselves to improve their game under new management and alongside new team mates.

I'm very intrigued to see what we end up with.

What a load of uber fan absolute bollocks. 

Can be translated to "I'll support anyone connected to Dunfermline unconditionally" such shite ineptitude landed us with Masterton et all. 

If it's alright, I'll continue to have an opinion, thanks. 

^^^struck a nerve obviously. Your translator seems to be malfunctioning somewhat.

It’s okay to have an opinion, I’ll give mine after the new boys have at least one game under their belts. You can give yours based on how they played previously and what other fans told you.

Players look at what’s being said about them (even though most won’t admit it), the ones that don’t, they tell fibs. A few will have an “I’ll show them” attitude, most will be demoralised with negative comments of the sort I’ve been reading. Confidence plays a part in getting the best out of most sportsmen.

Nice touch that you tried to points score with a Masterton connection, however, I think you’ll find reverse is true in that I can accept that we’re still scavenging the market for players that will not break the bank.

Maybe you should be honing your research on which shops to take the partner to?

I think if you get affected by what Billy the Bricklayer from Valley said about you on facebook then you're really, really not cut out for professional football tbh.

My favourite thing about AJ is that he does whatever he thinks is best and isn't even remotely swayed by what the fans, or sometimes the players think.

Because he's the professional football manager and it's his job, not theirs.

If these players are upset and play shite because of what people have said about them on facebook, then that is probably the main reason that they are shite.

AJ doesn't jump up and down like a animated jack-hammer on the touchline during games, therefore some supporters claim he lacks passion.

He gives measured and reasonable responses to questions when being interviewed and questioned by media and fans.

He's lifted the level of proffessionalism by a considerable margin at the club according to Ross McArthur.

He hasn't made too many bad signings given the restrictive nature of budgets set out by the club. They sit down and agree a spending structure and collectively stick to it so they know what is being spent. Simple but effective.

He's made mistakes but guess what, he's made not too bad a stab at fixing things.

He is proving to be resourceful and focused despite the usual outside pressures from fans etc.

He has the backing of the Board but I believe if AJ hadn't turned round our season he'd have been sacked, but he did turn it round and most of us agreed he deserved a new contract.

He's met his objectives season upon season and like the rest of the club activities we're moving forward. Building for the future. 

One of the most difficult things for fans to manage is perspective given the emotive nature of each and every one of us. But unfortunately spouting unsubstantiated pish is an unfortunate constant from fitbaw fans in general (DAFC.net being the ultimate example).

Personally I'm missing the games now and I am positive for the coming season and for the future long term prospects of our club. 

Edited by Guest

Last year, we signed McManus and M’Voto from Raith. These guys had recently been relegated from the championship, having been unable to see off Brechin City, over 2 legs. M’Voto in particular was shocking in those playoff games. Now, people are disappointed those players are leaving.

With that in mind, I think we have to give the new boys a chance. On paper, these are much better signings, having played at a higher level.

The signings of McManus, M’Voto, Aird, Robinson & Craigen (probably more as well), were mocked by fans of other clubs. AJ made them work. Wait and see what the new guys do.

7 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Just been wading through some amount of negative comments surrounding our new signings, here and on social media. Unbelievable. Nothing like giving them a complex before they even kick a ball. As far as I'm concerned when a player signs, it's a clean slate. Supporters should do just that. Support. If a player signs for my team he gets my backing 100%. That means not anticipating their first mistake so you can jump on it and jeer them. Signing window isn't over. Let's see how it pans out. The manager has to stand or fall based on how these signings work out. And anyone who bases their decision on not to buy a season ticket based on who we sign (unless it's a rapist) needs to accept they'll be traipsing roond the toon with the missus on a Saturday afternoon. How depressing is that thought. Have you seen the High Street lately?!

Have rarely seen a more mewling, sychophantic post on P&B. People think Danny Devine is a shite signing so suddenly he's going to be quivering wreck and we're all going to boo him? Don't talk pish.

Why the f**k would a footballer give two shits what you or I or some fanny on Facebook have to say about their ability? As Messiah points out, if online comments affect them that badly then they should probably seek a different career.

Plus, there's loads of stuff you can do on a Saturday, that don't involve Dunfermline or shopping. Although I'm going to assume that was a weak, "stuck in the 1980s" gag.

Plus, there's loads of stuff you can do on a Saturday, that don't involve Dunfermline or shopping. Although I'm going to assume that was a weak, "stuck in the 1980s" gag.

It was a 1980s gag with a 2018 twist. So what will you be doing? I’ve got you down for a bit of laser tag.

Or, possibly, you might agree with me - perish the thought - that talk of binning a season ticket over a signing, is premature at best?

10 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

It was a 1980s gag with a 2018 twist. So what will you be doing? I’ve got you down for a bit of laser tag.

Or, possibly, you might agree with me - perish the thought - that talk of binning a season ticket over a signing, is premature at best?

Anyone saying they'll bin their ST, for any reason, should just be flatly ignored. 99% of the time it's people just looking for attention and they won't do it. 

I don't know about anyone else but I'm certainly not flush enough to chuck away something I've spent hundreds of pounds on.

I don't mind people having negative attitudes to signings. I'd find it odd taking opinions from other sets of fans with anything more than a pinch of salt. Apart from seeing them in the odd game here and there I can only go on what they have done in their career.

Danny Devine has played over 100 games at the level above where we are, to me that's positive and promising. Especially when you consider he made a move between Premiership clubs, so at least two clubs at that level thought he was good enough for the level above what we are playing.

Mark Durnan had a successful spell at QotS under our current management team and won himself a move to the Premiership where he made himself a first team regular. It's all positive.

I'll suspend a real opinion on them until I've seen enough of them playing for Dunfermline.

28 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

I don't mind people having negative attitudes to signings. I'd find it odd taking opinions from other sets of fans with anything more than a pinch of salt. Apart from seeing them in the odd game here and there I can only go on what they have done in their career.

Danny Devine has played over 100 games at the level above where we are, to me that's positive and promising. Especially when you consider he made a move between Premiership clubs, so at least two clubs at that level thought he was good enough for the level above what we are playing.

Mark Durnan had a successful spell at QotS under our current management team and won himself a move to the Premiership where he made himself a first team regular. It's all positive.

I'll suspend a real opinion on them until I've seen enough of them playing for Dunfermline.

I'll be delighted if Devine turns out to be an excellent signing but both Caley and Thistle fans have said he's shite, I also watched him twice recently and he was beyond atrocious. That doesn't mean he'll necessarily be poor for us but don't think it's outrageous for people to think it's an average at best signing on paper.

I guarantee if Falkirk brought in Durnan and Devine then most of the Pars fans crying about negativity would be ripping the pish out of Falkirk fans on here. 100%.

1 hour ago, Black and White Tragic said:

No one is disagreeing with you on that, however that isn't at all what you're saying. 

It's perfectly reasonable for fans to rate incoming signings, and if said signings are shite it probably isn't going to be down to what some punters have said on Facebook. 

13 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I guarantee if Falkirk brought in Durnan and Devine then most of the Pars fans crying about negativity would be ripping the pish out of Falkirk fans on here. 100%.

Exactly.

Got to take other fans opinions with a pinch of salt.

Edited by ShaggysBeard

4 hours ago, Piracy said:

AJ doesn't jump up and down like a animated jack-hammer on the touchline during games, therefore some supporters claim he lacks passion.

He gives measured and reasonable responses to questions when being interviewed and questioned by media and fans.

He's lifted the level of proffessionalism by a considerable margin at the club according to Ross McArthur.

He hasn't made too many bad signings given the restrictive nature of budgets set out by the club. They sit down and agree a spending structure and collectively stick to it so they know what is being spent. Simple but effective.

He's made mistakes but guess what, he's made not too bad a stab at fixing things.

He is proving to be resourceful and focused despite the usual outside pressures from fans etc.

He has the backing of the Board but I believe if AJ hadn't turned round our season he'd have been sacked, but he did turn it round and most of us agreed he deserved a new contract.

He's met his objectives season upon season and like the rest of the club activities we're moving forward. Building for the future. 

One of the most difficult things for fans to manage is perspective given the emotive nature of each and every one of us. But unfortunately spouting unsubstantiated pish is an unfortunate constant from fitbaw fans in general (DAFC.net being the ultimate example).

Personally I'm missing the games now and I am positive for the coming season and for the future long term prospects of our club. 

Has someone hacked your account? U OK Hon? Where is the thread car crashing Piracy? Has he been killed in the running battles between Brits and Magaluf prostitutes?

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

:lol:

I did consider changing it but apparently the Maryhill lads & lassies don't like it when they're simply described as "Partick"

imgur_reaction.gif.714a79f0f3ac435a483bde13b1a1cee6.gif

We had the best defence in the league whether it included M’Voto or Morris next to Ashcroft. Durnan replacing one of those two doesn’t seem a big drop in quality. We’ve replaced our backup left back with one who has played at a higher level for a while. No complaints about AJ’s business so far.